Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 181536 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
I hope he runs.  He would be good to have in the race.

Marco Rubio aims for comeback with conservatives
Rubio denies he dropped the immigration push for political purposes.
By MANU RAJU | 3/3/14

Rubio will only siphon votes from Rand and Cruz, leaving the race ripe for a RINO to swoop in and take the nomination.

IMO, Rand and Cruz should get together now, agree that whichever is winning after Iowa takes the 1/2 slot, then they agree on a ticket and encourage voters to vote accordingly.

We keep seeing a dipshit moderate rino lib win, because there are 5 conservatives splitting 75% of the vote. 

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
LOOOOOOOVE how you guys think you have a choice.. HAHAHA

like it will make a freakin difference which of the two party system wins??

no wonder why this country keeps getting worse

keep voting dem or repub and see what happens..

amazing.. they sure have all of you foold.... ahhhh the illusion of choice

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »
LOOOOOOOVE how you guys think you have a choice.. HAHAHA

like it will make a freakin difference which of the two party system wins??

no wonder why this country keeps getting worse

keep voting dem or repub and see what happens..

amazing.. they sure have all of you foold.... ahhhh the illusion of choice

Yes, we have a choice.  If McCain won in 2008, we probably would have bombed Syria by now.  I'm actually glad that didn't happen. 

If Romney won in 2012, we wouldn't have the Obamacare fiasco. 

Elections definitely have consequences. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
if Romney won we would still have Obama care,sorry to break your heart  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
if Romney won we would still have Obama care,sorry to break your heart  ;D

Would have not been implemented.  And the executive branch controls the administrative rule making process, so they could have changed the rule that caused all of policies to be cancelled. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
NPR

But there are two big questions there. First of all, could a President Romney actually stop the health law in its tracks? And if he did try, what would happen?

First, it turns out that stopping the law may be harder than the law's opponents realize. For one thing, if he's elected, Romney can't just grant waivers letting states ignore the law on his first day as president.

"There are waivers under the law, but not an across-the-board waiver," said Tom Miller, a lawyer with the conservative American Enterprise Institute. For the record, Miller is an avid opponent of the health law. But he's also a veteran of Capitol Hill and knows what can and can't happen.

"You can try anything under the law," he said. But in many cases, "a federal court will usually step in and say, 'You've gone a little bit too far.' "

In this case, the part of the law that allows the president to grant states waivers doesn't actually kick in until 2017. And even the waivers that are allowed require states to cover as many uninsured people as would be covered by the Affordable Care Act.

Health industry consultant Robert Laszewski — also no big fan of the law — says federal courts would likely block a lot of things Romney might try to do unilaterally, like simply cut off funding or tell his staff to stop enforcing it.

"Sure, he can rewrite the regulations for example ... but fundamentally, he can't change the law," he said.

And even rewriting regulations would take months, at best.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
Published March 08, 2014
FoxNews.com

Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul has won the CPAC straw poll Saturday for potential 2016 presidential candidates, taking first place for the second straight year.

The first term senator won 31 percent of the vote, ahead of second-place finisher Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz who took 11 percent. They were among a crowded field of hopefuls on the ballot at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference gathering in suburban Maryland.

"I am grateful to all the attendees who stood with me," Paul said afterward. "Together we will fight for what is right. Thank you and onwards to victory."

The results are considered a key indicator of what conservative voters are thinking and how they might vote in 2016.

The third-place finisher was Dr. Ben Carson, with 11 percent. He was followed by New Jersey GOP Gov. Chris Christie, 9 percent; Wisconsin GOP. Gov. Scott Walker, 7 percent; former Pennsylvania GOP Sen. Rick Santorum, and Florida GOP Sen. Marco Rubio, at 6 percent. Rubio finished second last year.

CPAC officials said 25 potential candidates were on the ballot and that roughly 2,000 people who attended the event voted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/08/rand-paul-wins-cpac-straw-poll/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »
Or Rubio or some other candidate who hasn't joined the discussion yet.

Carville: Cruz or Perry Will Be GOP Nominee
Tuesday, 11 Mar 2014
By Greg Richter

Democratic strategist James Carville predicted the next GOP presidential nominee will come from Texas.

"It's either going to be Ted Cruz or Rick Perry," Carville said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."

Cruz is a freshman senator from Texas and a tea party favorite, and Perry is serving out his last term as Texas governor. Perry ran for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012 but came up short after a few fumbles on the campaign trail.

But Perry has advantages, Carville said.

"He's been around the track once, and he can raise a bucketload of money," Carville said of Perry. "He can accidentally hit his speed dial and raise $5 million."

Carville said Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker all have a chance.

Paul's father, former Rep. Ron Paul, ran for president in 2012 and got 21 percent of the vote in Iowa.

"You got to almost assume that Rand Paul can build on that, at least duplicate that," Carville said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Carville-Rand-Paul-Rick-Perry-Ted-Cruz/2014/03/11/id/558759#ixzz2vtw4MnGl

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »
Cruz or Perry = another Dem win.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2014, 08:07:20 PM »
Cruz or Perry = another Dem win.

Biden = a Republican win. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »
Hillary = mopping the floor for 8 years over any GOP candidate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »

Yeah - what difference does 4 dead make right?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »

I doubt it.  She'll definitely have an advantage with the media in her pocket, but I don't see her as winning in some landslide.  Is that what you are predicting?

And what about Biden?  Does he win too? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »
Biden = a Republican win. 

lol... biden ain't winning that nomination... i love that repubs keep leaning on that idea, they'd love it, but no.

Although he did turn the bold and brilliant Paul Ryan into a quiet "excuse me, can I talk" child for 90 minutes in that debate.  I mean, if he can't manage a situation with an obnoxious loudmouth blowhard like Biden, how can he manage Putin when things get rough?  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
lol... biden ain't winning that nomination... i love that repubs keep leaning on that idea, they'd love it, but no.

Although he did turn the bold and brilliant Paul Ryan into a quiet "excuse me, can I talk" child for 90 minutes in that debate.  I mean, if he can't manage a situation with an obnoxious loudmouth blowhard like Biden, how can he manage Putin when things get rough?  lol

Which Republicans "keep leaning on that idea" that Biden will be the nominee? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
Which Republicans "keep leaning on that idea" that Biden will be the nominee?  

well, the ones that continually mention him on getbig ;)

Biden turns 72 this year lol... He ain't running in 2016.   When he talks about it, he does this because Rush and friends will spend a whole day ranting about it, while nobody mentions obama's actual incompetence or deeds of the day.

hilary is FIVE years younger than Biden.  He's really that old.  Not running, HTH.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »
well, the ones that continually mention him on getbig ;)

Biden turns 72 this year lol... He ain't running in 2016.   When he talks about it, he does this because Rush and friends will spend a whole day ranting about it, while nobody mentions obama's actual incompetence or deeds of the day.

hilary is FIVE years younger than Biden.  He's really that old.  Not running, HTH.

I see.  So just making stuff up again.  Shocker. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »
You actually think Biden will throw his hat in?  You actually think he or anyone else will edge out Hillary if she decides to run?  You actually think Hillary will lose to the GOP? 

Interesting thoughts.  They probably require crayons.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »
I absolutely love how you guys think presidential elections arent already predetermined..

wake up.. please.. for the sake of the nation

alabama ftw

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
I doubt it.  She'll definitely have an advantage with the media in her pocket, but I don't see her as winning in some landslide.  Is that what you are predicting?
I don't know about landslide, but she will easily win now when Christie is done. She is the ultimate establishment candidate and is an awesome fundraiser. Just look at how Wall Street already throws sooooooo much cash (taking bribes) at her. Only Christie and maybe Romney could get close when it comes to fundraising. At same time demographics change in favor of the democrats.

Myself, I despise Hillary. She will just be an another hawkish-establishment-pro war candidate. The same shitty politics since the early 80's.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2014, 10:46:45 AM »
You actually think Biden will throw his hat in?  You actually think he or anyone else will edge out Hillary if she decides to run?  You actually think Hillary will lose to the GOP? 

Interesting thoughts.  They probably require crayons.

I don't know, but he hasn't ruled it out.  I don't think he will beat Hillary if they both run.  I don't know if Hillary will win or lose.  It depends on who her opponent is, how the race plays out, money, state of the country, etc. 

I like crayons and have spent many hours coloring in books with my kids.  Very therapeutic. 

But you didn't answer the questions.  If Biden is the nominee do you think he wins?

Also, are you predicting a Hillary landslide regardless of her opponent?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »
I don't know about landslide, but she will easily win now when Christie is done. She is the ultimate establishment candidate and is an awesome fundraiser. Just look at how Wall Street already throws sooooooo much cash (taking bribes) at her. Only Christie and maybe Romney could get close when it comes to fundraising. At same time demographics change in favor of the democrats.

Myself, I despise Hillary. She will just be an another hawkish-establishment-pro war candidate. The same shitty politics since the early 80's.

Good points.  I agree she will have a tremendous advantage because of the media support (and attack of her opponent) and money. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Good points.  I agree she will have a tremendous advantage because of the media support (and attack of her opponent) and money. 

and because a lot of people want another Clinton in the white house.

In 2008, all we heard about wat how much the media picked on her, how they gave obama a pillow and shit all over her.

now suddenly the media is the reason she'll win?   LOL!

And $?  The last few repub candidates were only worth about half a billion, right?   Didn't help...

If Clinton wins - and she's a bag of crap candidate with a shitty record + benghazi....  IF she wins, it's because that's what americans want.

I'm not shocked... already people are pre-emptively listing why Hilary wins in 2016... not because GOP is splintered or anything like that... No, woe is me, we're all victims of money and media (something the repubs won't stoop to).

alabama ftw

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
I'm not shocked... already people are pre-emptively listing why Hilary wins in 2016... not because GOP is splintered or anything like that... No, woe is me, we're all victims of money and media (something the repubs won't stoop to).
Don't forget that she will have very easy primary and can basically just focus on raising money. Whoever will be on GOPs ticket will be very hurt by the GOPs primaries and has to spend a ton to win the nomination. And don't forget that she has an Obamas election machine (the greatest in history and the reason why Obama won) and at the same time GOPs is outdated as fuck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »
Don't forget that she will have very easy primary and can basically just focus on raising money. Whoever will be on GOPs ticket will be very hurt by the GOPs primaries and has to spend a ton to win the nomination. And don't forget that she has an Obamas election machine (the greatest in history and the reason why Obama won) and at the same time GOPs is outdated as fuck.

The primary could hurt or help.  It will either make the winner stronger or expose his/her weaknesses.  Or it could be a money drain as you say.