Author Topic: hit routine  (Read 1231 times)

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
hit routine
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:25 AM »
leg press
row
bench
military

1 set to failure

3x a week

no warmup set

no cardio

now if I keep this up

will I be shreddeD?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: hit routine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
No, you won't because those 4 sets will use up about 60 calories. They did a study back in the day of guys doing the standard Nautilus routine of one set of 12 exercises. They found they just used up 75 calories. Now most HIT fanatics will say but you're not accounting for all the muscle created that will burn calories all day and a severe diet. I doubt doing 4 exercises for one set will put on a lot of muscle unless you're a beginner. Leading a sedentary life then exercising for 10 minutes twice a week isn't a formula for being ripped.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
No, you won't because those 4 sets will use up about 60 calories. They did a study back in the day of guys doing the standard Nautilus routine of one set of 12 exercises. They found they just used up 75 calories. Now most HIT fanatics will say but you're not accounting for all the muscle created that will burn calories all day and a severe diet. I doubt doing 4 exercises for one set will put on a lot of muscle unless you're a beginner. Leading a sedentary life then exercising for 10 minutes twice a week isn't a formula for being ripped.
1 set Training with so called Heavy Duty principles Training to failure is in my opinon crap. Sure you can Train to failure and beyond with negatives and partial reps...etc  but you will not stimulate like volume or Basic exercises with say 5x5

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »
so arthur jones is wrong?

body by science is wrong?