Author Topic: Clueless CrossFit Trainer Takes on Disabled Client - this sickens me  (Read 24284 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
But good for the young girl for her determination. While some on here want to think this is just a hand full of CF trainers doing stupid shit, it's becoming more and more prominant that these people are cluless. The "Trainer" here admits she didn't know where to start so instead of doing some research she just starts on what CF has taught her.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: This sickens me (crossfit idiocy)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »
Trainer is really cute though.

dustin

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »
Trainer's definitely hot. Would bang. But "crossfit idiocy" is pretty redundant - crossfit already means idiocy. ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
jamming yourself full of drugs in order to impress a crowd full of men by standing in a thong while covered in oil = much less idiotic.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
jamming yourself full of drugs in order to impress a crowd full of men by standing in a thong while covered in oil = much less idiotic.

Quit already. You're on a bodybuilding board. What did you expect?

dustin

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:18:17 AM »

Live by the thong, die by the thong.

What you, Magoo?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
Quit already. You're on a bodybuilding board. What did you expect?

i certainly wouldn't sign up now. my presence is more out of habit and having been here a long time than anything resembling an interest in the "sport" ( ::) ) of bodybuilding. these days i like to comment on the hilarious irony of calling out crossfit for stupidity when you... well, i already said.

Live by the thong, die by the thong.

What you, Magoo?

believe you me, no one wants to see me in a thong, nor do i want anyone to see me in one.  :-X

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »
But good for the young girl for her determination. While some on here want to think this is just a hand full of CF trainers doing stupid shit, it's becoming more and more prominant that these people are cluless. The "Trainer" here admits she didn't know where to start so instead of doing some research she just starts on what CF has taught her.

1) Two threads in 12 days that means by the end of the year you will be close to 31 new threads on CF.  I am seriously disappointed.  I figured you would be at a higher thread/day ratio

2) While redundant....Wow..anothe r CF thread by little Joe.

3) Please show us where she she should have researched?  Enlighten us seeing as we are obviously not as intelligent as you.

4) When was the last time YOU actually gave of your time for someone in a similar position.  I doubt you have ever done this.  Not even close.  I doubt you have ever donated your time to many less fortunate unless you know you it can benefit you monetarily.  Oh, and yes..take that with a tone of disrespect.  Fully intended.

5) Perhaps you might enjoy some videos of non-CF trainers doing some stupid, clueless, moronic shit?

6) Yes, its a bodybuilding board....not a religious or political board. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »
i certainly wouldn't sign up now. my presence is more out of habit and having been here a long time than anything resembling an interest in the "sport" ( ::) ) of bodybuilding. these days i like to comment on the hilarious irony of calling out crossfit for stupidity when you... well, i already said.

believe you me, no one wants to see me in a thong, nor do i want anyone to see me in one.  :-X

When I what? Competed 7 years ago and 18 years prior to that?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:39 AM »
1) Two threads in 12 days that means by the end of the year you will be close to 31 new threads on CF.  I am seriously disappointed.  I figured you would be at a higher thread/day ratio

2) While redundant....Wow..anothe r CF thread by little Joe.

3) Please show us where she she should have researched?  Enlighten us seeing as we are obviously not as intelligent as you.

4) When was the last time YOU actually gave of your time for someone in a similar position.  I doubt you have ever done this.  Not even close.  I doubt you have ever donated your time to many less fortunate unless you know you it can benefit you monetarily.  Oh, and yes..take that with a tone of disrespect.  Fully intended.
5) Perhaps you might enjoy some videos of non-CF trainers doing some stupid, clueless, moronic shit?

6) Yes, its a bodybuilding board....not a religious or political board. 

Everyday, we have clients with parkinsons.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »
When I what? Competed 7 years ago and 18 years prior to that?

i wish i could say i'm surprised with how bad you are at inference but, well, i'm not. so i'll explain it slowly.

i find it hilariously ironic that you call out crossfit for its supposed "idiocy" when you are engaged in an... um... activity that is centered around filling yourself with dangerous drugs in order to shave yourself, tan, pose, and flex in front of a crowd of cheering men to win a little trophy. no allusions of health benefits or a competition that requires you be able to perform in any athletic fashion, just showing yourself off like a glistening hunk of meat for the drooling "fans".

then you have the temerity to claim that crossfit, an actual sport still in its infancy which strives to make athletes which are healthy, strong, and agile, is "idiotic".

whether you find their methods proper (and anyone who actually possesses a triple digit IQ realizes that it is evolving and learning), the fact remains that the worst of crossfit cannot hold a candle to the sadness of the slums of bodybuilding.

after all, crossfitters offer private training to supplement their income. bodybuilders offer... "private posing sessions". ;)

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 10:35:58 AM »
Cross fit is the most creative way to injure yourself " working out" while accomplishing nothing. A cult of busy idiots is what they are. As for the video I didn't think I would see worse than Genova in terms of people taking advantage of someone who is handicapped but again crossfitters up the game in the wrong way...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
If some stupid asshole wants to injure him or herself by doing crossfit, fine, that is their choice.

But gee, this girl is disabled. Very dangerous stuff.
X

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
Everyday, we have clients with parkinsons.

You donate your time huh?  No financial gain?  None?

Funny you couldn't respond to the question on where she should have researched this.  Do you have special certification for coaching/training those clients with Parkinson's?

Magoo is making you look ridiculous again.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
i wish i could say i'm surprised with how bad you are at inference but, well, i'm not. so i'll explain it slowly.

i find it hilariously ironic that you call out crossfit for its supposed "idiocy" when you are engaged in an... um... activity that is centered around filling yourself with dangerous drugs in order to shave yourself, tan, pose, and flex in front of a crowd of cheering men to win a little trophy. no allusions of health benefits or a competition that requires you be able to perform in any athletic fashion, just showing yourself off like a glistening hunk of meat for the drooling "fans".

then you have the temerity to claim that crossfit, an actual sport still in its infancy which strives to make athletes which are healthy, strong, and agile, is "idiotic".

whether you find their methods proper (and anyone who actually possesses a triple digit IQ realizes that it is evolving and learning), the fact remains that the worst of crossfit cannot hold a candle to the sadness of the slums of bodybuilding.

after all, crossfitters offer private training to supplement their income. bodybuilders offer... "private posing sessions". ;)

Bodybuilding as of now, takes up hardly any part of my life. WTF are you talking about?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Bodybuilding as of now, takes up hardly any part of my life. WTF are you talking about?

As of now....you mean this week.  I do recall last year you takes about competing again.  Are we to assume you would not use any pharmaceuticals for this endeavor?  Please don't come back and try and say what you would have used wouldn't have been illegal.   ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:52 AM »
You donate your time huh?  No financial gain?  None?

No, I have a business. That doesn't mean I won't help them though.

Funny you couldn't respond to the question on where she should have researched this.  Do you have special certification for coaching/training those clients with Parkinson's?

Pleeaasssee. I have enough certs and education have no need to add another. I also have 40 years of practial application and enough commonsense to realize I don't over head press someone who can barely stand up.

Magoo is making you look ridiculous again.   

Perhaps I'm missing it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »
As of now....you mean this week.  I do recall last year you takes about competing again.  Are we to assume you would not use any pharmaceuticals for this endeavor?   Please don't come back and try and say what you would have used wouldn't have been illegal.   ::)

Yes and yes. Whats your point?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »

Enough certifications and common sense.  Hmm.  Glad that's all you need to deal with a severe neurological condition.  Oh, and 40 yrs of practical practice?  How old are you again?  Because if you are anywhere under 60yo I will laugh my ass off. 

You have a business...sure.  donate some time Joe fire someone like this.  I should have been more clear...ever work with someone who has a mental defect?  I am sure in your 40 yrs you have...but I thought I would ask.

You aren't going to use any pharmaceuticals to "compete"...lol.  surrrrre

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »
Enough certifications and common sense.  Hmm.  Glad that's all you need to deal with a severe neurological condition.  Oh, and 40 yrs of practical practice?  How old are you again?  Because if you are anywhere under 60yo I will laugh my ass off. 

I'm 51, I started training at 11.

You have a business...sure.  donate some time Joe fire someone like this.  I should have been more clear...ever work with someone who has a mental defect?  I am sure in your 40 yrs you have...but I thought I would ask.

Define "Mental defect" and no I don't. If there is something what I feel is beyond me or my trainers scope, I do the right thing and refer them out.

You aren't going to use any pharmaceuticals to "compete"...lol.  surrrrre

I meant that I will use.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »
HA HA HA......you are trying use your 'training' at 11yo towards your years of 'practical experience'???

That's like a surgeon including their high school education as practical experience because they happen to dissect animals  during biology class.  Can't believe you actually did that.

Still waiting on you to enlighten me on :

3) Please show us where she she should have researched?  Enlighten us seeing as we are obviously not as intelligent as you.

You don't have any special certification or background with Parkinson patients...do you?  Oh wait...you have been lifting for 40yrs.  I forgot that quickly.

Lastly...going to use some anabolics.  That makes Magoo's point:

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
HA HA HA......you are trying use your 'training' at 11yo towards your years of 'practical experience'???

When it comes to training, of course I do.

That's like a surgeon including their high school education as practical experience because they happen to dissect animals  during biology class.  Can't believe you actually did that.

Not quite the same thing, son and you know it.

Still waiting on you to enlighten me on :

She could have gone to a number of research sites (PubMed, NEJM, NSCA Journal of S&C, etc, etc) consulted her physician and/or physical therapist as to what surgerys she has had and what route to take as to what she can and cannot do.

You don't have any special certification or background with Parkinson patients...do you?  Oh wait...you have been lifting for 40yrs.  I forgot that quickly.

No..and? I have enough education (and continue to learn) and speaking with the clients doctor as well as research to understand what needs to be done. We can't stop it, we can't reverse it but we can slow the process.

Lastly...going to use some anabolics.  That makes Magoo's point:

It's my choice. In 40 years I haven't had an injury until I turned 40 and that only kept me out for a few days. In my 30 years of using sparse amouts of gear, I have NEVER had a side effect and blood panals always comeback clean

Enough of me, lets talk about you. You're a Chiro and you're defending this trainer as to what she's doing, plain and simple there is no denying it. This is disturbing to think that you're defending the exploitation of this disabled girl and defending the trainer who probably has less than 3 years of experiance and a "Crossfit certification". You also seem to think that education ends when you get your degree when in fact it's just beginning and like me, will continue or at least should be, continuing until the day you either retire or die.

I know for a fact there are Chrio's out there going WAAAYYY beyond their scope when a patient comes in with an ortho issue and tries to resolve it with out referring out just so they don't that $$. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro Chrio, they have their place and we employ one, I also employ an physical therapist. Once every couple of months we have meetings with all of us and our trainers that will last about 3-4 days discussing EACH client. our athletes and their programs.

As some one who should have some knowledge of bio-mechanics you, especially should know that don't do shit like that with come one who can hardly walk because of the lack of a neurological connection especially doing anything overhead with anykind of weight. That video was a sad exploitation of a disabled girl and pathetic display of what this trainer did. She's so naive and I hope one day she realizes it.

There is a reason why we don't have injuries in my gym whether they squat the bar or 500lbs!!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »

Enough of me, lets talk about you. You're a Chiro and you're defending this trainer as to what she's doing, plain and simple there is no denying it. This is disturbing to think that you're defending the exploitation of this disabled girl and defending the trainer who probably has less than 3 years of experiance and a "Crossfit certification". You also seem to think that education ends when you get your degree when in fact it's just beginning and like me, will continue or at least should be, continuing until the day you either retire or die.

I know for a fact there are Chrio's out there going WAAAYYY beyond their scope when a patient comes in with an ortho issue and tries to resolve it with out referring out just so they don't that $$. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro Chrio, they have their place and we employ one, I also employ an physical therapist. Once every couple of months we have meetings with all of us and our trainers that will last about 3-4 days discussing EACH client. our athletes and their programs.

As some one who should have some knowledge of bio-mechanics you, especially should know that don't do shit like that with come one who can hardly walk because of the lack of a neurological connection especially doing anything overhead with anykind of weight. That video was a sad exploitation of a disabled girl and pathetic display of what this trainer did. She's so naive and I hope one day she realizes it.

There is a reason why we don't have injuries in my gym whether they squat the bar or 500lbs!!

1) never did I say she was right....nor did I say she was wrong.  Find a post of mine where I said it. 
2) How do you know she has less than 3yrs experience?  Maybe she has been lifting since she was 11yo....that counts as practical experience...doesnt it?
3) Explain how the girl is being exploited and what does that have to do with me being a chiro?
4) I seem to think that education ends when I get a degree?   I have to do more continuing ed than you do.  WAY more.  Nice try
5) Oh, so you want to throw the Chiro going out of their scope?  Please Joe...tell me how YOU know they are going out of their scope.  NOT that you were told...but you said you know some that went beyond their scope.  Give me an ortho issue that a chiro tried to resolve that they shouldn't. 
6) Again with the exploitation.  How is she is exploited?
7) Neurological connection?  You mean to tell me that the motor nerves normally present to certain muscles aren't there?  Or did you mean to say that the motor control centers of the brain were damaged?  Before you talk anymore out of your ass on something YOU should do your research on strength training / functional training on people cerebral palsy.  I will make it easy....check this out : http://www.pelinks4u.org/articles/bruns4_11.htm  While I may not agree with some of the things the affected girl was doing, the other things were not going to have a detrimental effect on her.  What, would you have preferred she was in leg braces and a helmet while one of your athletes pushes a sled right by her and then proceeds to use a hammer on a truck tire to show awesome he is? 

Who gives a flat flying fuck how much your athletes can squat?  You must have the BEST training place ever to NEVER have injuries.  Wow...so impressive.  Why don't you ever start a positive thread...or make a thread that will benefit someone rather than bashing EVERYTHING that goes against your ideals?  Serious answer to that one.

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
1) never did I say she was right....nor did I say she was wrong.  Find a post of mine where I said it. 
2) How do you know she has less than 3yrs experience?  Maybe she has been lifting since she was 11yo....that counts as practical experience...doesnt it?
3) Explain how the girl is being exploited and what does that have to do with me being a chiro?
4) I seem to think that education ends when I get a degree?   I have to do more continuing ed than you do.  WAY more.  Nice try
5) Oh, so you want to throw the Chiro going out of their scope?  Please Joe...tell me how YOU know they are going out of their scope.  NOT that you were told...but you said you know some that went beyond their scope.  Give me an ortho issue that a chiro tried to resolve that they shouldn't. 
6) Again with the exploitation.  How is she is exploited?
7) Neurological connection?  You mean to tell me that the motor nerves normally present to certain muscles aren't there?  Or did you mean to say that the motor control centers of the brain were damaged?  Before you talk anymore out of your ass on something YOU should do your research on strength training / functional training on people cerebral palsy.  I will make it easy....check this out : http://www.pelinks4u.org/articles/bruns4_11.htm  While I may not agree with some of the things the affected girl was doing, the other things were not going to have a detrimental effect on her.  What, would you have preferred she was in leg braces and a helmet while one of your athletes pushes a sled right by her and then proceeds to use a hammer on a truck tire to show awesome he is? 

Who gives a flat flying fuck how much your athletes can squat?  You must have the BEST training place ever to NEVER have injuries.  Wow...so impressive.  Why don't you ever start a positive thread...or make a thread that will benefit someone rather than bashing EVERYTHING that goes against your ideals?  Serious answer to that one.

Why are you and Magoo even on here? Just joing a CF board and continue the circle jerk there a fool is happier when he has company.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 02:57:38 PM »
Why are you and Magoo even on here? Just joing a CF board and continue the circle jerk there a fool is happier when he has company.

Who are you again?