Author Topic: DETROIT- 66 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA  (Read 11261 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: DETROIT- 66 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »
It's amazing that there are places like that in America.  I would have never guessed if you had shown the pics without the captions.  That said, what the city should do, is let demolition contractors go in there and let them demolish all of the buildings, and let them keep all the salvage.  I'm sure between the concrete/brick and metal, there is enough in there for them to turn a profit.  Put it out for competitive bid if you have to, but do it by whole city blocks, not just each individual structure.  Once done, they can topsoil, grade it, seed it, and turn it into either nice open space for parks, or sell the land to developers to build nicer things there.  All you have to do is get the taxes so high on it, that only the affluent can live there, and then you don't have the problem of poor people living there.  Once the poor people are gone, there will be no more problems like this.  I could take a fleet of excavators up there, crushers/grinders, and make a mint.  I'm sure bureaucracy will stand in the way of anyone doing any such thing.
You can`t just demolish those historic buildings.  At least I wouldn`t.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 10:05:12 AM »

Even though Detroit has the highest concentration of blacks in America, being around 84 percent......the vast majority of the wealth, property, major businesses and income is still owned by whites.  Having a black mayor makes no difference whatsoever as he's just a municipal puppet.

You can't blame blacks for urban decay when they don't own the houses or buildings
You can't blame blacks for the failure of the auto unions or industry that are not controlled
You can't blame blacks for moving jobs overseas by companies not even owned by blacks

You can blame the black community for failure to properly deal with drug pushers and gangs who have polluted our community.  However, when's the last time you seen black guys importing weapons and operating poppy fields.  Most of the marijuana growers I've met were white....of course its still not an excuse.

I've been to Detroit and its a shithole just like Cleveland, Ohio.....but to say that the failure of the cities is due to blacks is simply not true.  My solution would be to sell the unoccupied areas at fireball prices...even a dollar with the promise to renovate the areas, clean the streets of drug dealers (by any means needed) and privatize some of the law enforcement to put more men out on the streets to deal with the criminal scum.  The abandoned areas are mostly due to to the rapid decline of the population.  Donald Trump and other entrepeneurs would kill at that opportunity to own that real estate for dirt cheap

Most importantly, take out the trash

I don`t know Vince, the majority of blacks (not you and the minority) fuck everything up if there is a concentration of them.  They have different norms, mores, means and ways and just don`t care about simple things such as keeping a yard nice or picking up trash.  The minority of blacks do care about this, but the majority don`t.  So its safe to say, when you get an aggregate number together, the majority will outweigh the minority and chaos will ensue.

Do a google search for Soul City, North Carolina.  It was supposed to be an all black town, founded by blacks after the civil rights era.  The government gave them huge amounts of money and you know what they did with it?  Stole it all.  It was supposed to be a black utopia.  Now it just sits there.  Seriously, they either destroy, steal or decay everything. 

http://www.northcarolinahistory.org/encyclopedia/462/entry/
Soul City was a failed attempt to build a majority black community in the heart of rural North Carolina. Conceived by civil rights leader Floyd B. McKissick, Soul City began with high expectations but ended in disappointment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_City,_North_Carolina

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
Don Lemon knows.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
Some of the houses were beautiful, but the tax rate is brutal, it's like double the US average.

On the neat end though, you could probably pick up a classic car, and live out your Omega Man fantasy pretty nicely -

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
I heard asians are buying up properties for cheapo there now.

Maybe they can turn things around. If they get enough people there to defend themselves.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »
You can`t just demolish those historic buildings.  At least I wouldn`t.

They'd have to be offering some serious incentives to do the restoration work, and even then, who's going to live there? I think it's too far gone and must be blown up and started over.  :-\

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
Maintaining your community?  Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Where's Robocop when you need him. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:13 AM »
Maintaining your community?  Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Where's Robocop when you need him

Fuck that, where's the robot from that board room meeting that went ape shit? Use him

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »
Fuck that, where's the robot from that board room meeting that went ape shit? Use him
ROFLMAO.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »

;D
O

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 11:41:56 AM »
Yes it is. It is common to see pictures like this from USSR, and no one wonder why there is such places because there was communistic system. Sadly the truth is that capitalistic system produce evenly crappy endings, but by different reasons.

Detroit is an example of a liberal Democratic big government, powerful union model and you see the results. The problem with Detroit is the absence of Capitalism.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 11:44:11 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Detroit is an example of a liberal Democratic big government, powerful union model and you see the results. The problem with Detroit is the absence of Capitalism.
Thats not the problem at all.  All of Vermont is liberal run, the most liberal in the country and its a paradise and one of the best if not the best run state in the nation.  With such a strong government, many companies there, like King Arthur Flour are all able to be employee owned.  

You know what the difference is between Vermont and Michigan?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
So, where all those poor & homeless will go ?.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »
What shithole is worse, Detroit or New Jersey? (in Europe those 2 are always named when u ask for USs ugliest shithole)

Detroit is a city, Jersey is a state.  NJ has some very shitty industrialized parts but also plenty of nature (if it's still there), and it has areas of uber-expensive real estate.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 01:53:27 PM »
Detroit is a city, Jersey is a state.  NJ has some very shitty industrialized parts but also plenty of nature (if it's still there), and it has areas of uber-expensive real estate.

Yeah, New Jersey is Shangri La compared to Detroit. Gary, Indiana, East St. Louis, are closer in feel to detroit, but fail to match it. Not even the South Bronx of the 70's comes close.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
Thats not the problem at all.  All of Vermont is liberal run, the most liberal in the country and its a paradise and one of the best if not the best run state in the nation.  With such a strong government, many companies there, like King Arthur Flour are all able to be employee owned.  

You know what the difference is between Vermont and Michigan?

One of them is that Vermont's pop. is 500k and has no big cities.  Michigan's is 10 million. Detroit by itself has a greater population.

Liberals are always making these absurd comparisons, like comparing Norway to the U.S, in order to justify failed policies. Chicago is a much better comparison. How's that city doing?

Obviously, you want to look at the racial aspect. It's not the skin color. Go to Montreal. You'll see intelligent, educated blacks.

The problem with blacks in this country is excessive government dependency.

After the civil rights movement, the black leadership looked to the government and said "You owe us."

Had they said, "Just leave us alone. You've fvcked us enough." Things might be completely different.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »
One of them is that Vermont's pop. is 500k and has no big cities.  Michigan's is 10 million. Detroit by itself has a greater population.

Liberals are always making these absurd comparisons, like comparing Norway to the U.S, in order to justify failed policies. Chicago is a much better comparison. How's that city doing?
Try again, what does Vermont not have, that Michigan does?  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
Try again, what does Vermont not have, that Michigan does?  :D

Read the modified version of my previous post.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
I don`t know Vince, the majority of blacks (not you and the minority) fuck everything up if there is a concentration of them.  They have different norms, mores, means and ways and just don`t care about simple things such as keeping a yard nice or picking up trash.  The minority of blacks do care about this, but the majority don`t.  So its safe to say, when you get an aggregate number together, the majority will outweigh the minority and chaos will ensue.

Do a google search for Soul City, North Carolina.  It was supposed to be an all black town, founded by blacks after the civil rights era.  The government gave them huge amounts of money and you know what they did with it?  Stole it all.  It was supposed to be a black utopia.  Now it just sits there.  Seriously, they either destroy, steal or decay everything. 

http://www.northcarolinahistory.org/encyclopedia/462/entry/
Soul City was a failed attempt to build a majority black community in the heart of rural North Carolina. Conceived by civil rights leader Floyd B. McKissick, Soul City began with high expectations but ended in disappointment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_City,_North_Carolina

My parents told me about that when I was growing up....bad ass scam.  However there are waaaaay more white communities that have done the same thing.

But seriously, Detroits problems are a result of over 60 years of pilfering and stealing....blacks had very little to do with Detroit's demise although I've already stated that the black leaders need to start putting a foot in the asses of those who disgrace the black race....do like Joe Clark did in Lean on Me, throw out every fucking bum that's destroyed the place....black or white. 
A

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
In the early 90s I was a student near Detroit on the other side of the border. A good friend was at Michigan State so we traveled over the border. The first thing we did was visit the Henry Ford mansion and take a public tour. A couple of Ford mansions are in the same neighborhood. It really hits you that this was the heart and soul of the automobile industry. One you see all over the world. The Ford name is splashed all over the town. If you have Ford blood you are like royalty.

Detroit has a strange layout. You can be in a neighborhood full of mansions, travel one block were the stores get more middle to lower class. Within another block you see beer, wine, and lotto shops, and the ghetto. Not much separation. The sewers also smoke like they are on fire in the winter time giving off a bad smell.

My friend's dad gave us a city tour to some historical sites. Hard to believe that once busy train stations, popular schools, libraries,  and good neighborhoods could now be abandoned and trashed. While we were there people were stealing materials like metals from buildings. Nobody seemed to care. Every few blocks was known as a car block in the old manufacturing area. Cadillac had this block, Ford, Chrysler...on and on. The factories were humongous.

Detroit maybe a crap hole but many neighboring areas have a lot of money. The whites simply moved as much as necessary, except for a small percentage of white trash who remained.

One old black guy talked to us as were were entering an abandoned school. He came from the south, got a labor job with Cadillac, and his pay more then  tripled from what he was making in the south. He died and went to heaven. At one time, they were growing so fast there wasn't enough people in the area to work these very well paying jobs. It was like being in a movie. Hard to believe.

In the school there was some old graduating photos of various years. You can see where the kids were all white, and gradually how the blacks were more and more of the class until it was mostly blacks. It was very sad. Detroit was once an area where whites and blacks had money and lived together. As things worsened the whites were able to get out. The blacks remain.Hard to believe this used to be a close rival New York. The problem is the town was based on one industry. The entitled liberals and unions didn't care that their policies would make the auto industry non competitive. They promised the world knowing they wouldn't be in office to pay up. Paying some unskilled laborer $40 an hour, and another $30 bucks an hour in benefits and pensions wouldn't be competitive compared to a Mexican guy getting $7 an hour.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
I don't know how I can contribute to this thread without using "the n-word"

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
Blacks are a result, rather than a cause of Detoit's ineptitude.  Even with a slightly increased US automotive manufacturing presence, they have very little to draw on to fill out their rosters. Half of the city's population CANNOT READ, have criminal convictions, and do not possess a shred of formal education.  Combine that with a yearly decreasing population, and there isn't many who can fill a needed job. Blame globalization, labor unions, and the shifting of the buying public to purchase foreign made vehicles. 

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
Keanu gives interesting insights.

Another thing is that the import of autos from Japan, Germany, Sweden and other foreign countries had a major impact on the jobs and work force of Detroit. As was noted, Detroit was a one trick pony when it came to jobs and industry manufacturing; the auto and auto related products. Plus any company, from Ford, GMC, etc was making pretty much dull and sub-standard products for a very long time, thinking they have the American buyers where they wanted them. With the newer foreign autos, with upped performance and designs, they found a ready buying Americans. Took many years before the U.S. auto makers understood this.

Blacks, by the thousands, came up from the south during WWII for better paying labor or semi skilled jobs, stayed and raised family's. This labor flow continued for many years. The actually educational system, in Detroit, was very good and rivaled anywhere else in the U.S. The surrounding area has some of the better university's, even today. Could even say that  black are the actually victims of the few controlling political blacks who handled the continual funds and grants received from Washington and other large private agency's. Creating a slave mentality in the process in the name of welfare favors.

The term White Flight is said to have started within urban Detroit. Blacks have controlled city management for decades. This week is the 50th year of the War On Poverty, a complete failure, as with 300 trillion being spent on it's efforts. Most thinking people want to be fair minded, but some of the conclusions are quite obvious.
F