Author Topic: DETROIT- 66 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA  (Read 11266 times)

HandsomeMOFO

DETROIT- 66 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: DETROIT- 66 YEARS AFTER HIROSHIMA
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 02:03:59 AM »
It's actually beautiful. You don't have that here, so I'm sort-of jealous. I'd love to take my camera there. I wouldn't survive, so I won't.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:05:20 AM »
A concentration of black people in an area and a government run by greedy black people is worse than any atomic bomb.  Everything they touch turns to shit.  Its not just Detroit, its any place where those two things occur.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:57:19 AM »
There is a movie about it called Detropia. Interesting but boring.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:05:09 AM »
A concentration of brown people in an area and a government run by greedy black people is worse than any atomic bomb.  Everything they touch turns to shit.  Its not just Detroit, its any place where those two things occur.

fixed
brown

its all about incentives

where there are handouts given with cash stolen from producers you get nothing

let them have simple country life but own thier cheap dome and it be clean n nice

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 06:35:29 AM »
Detroit

Dat Däre Ghost Town?

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
A concentration of black people in an area and a government run by greedy black people is worse than any atomic bomb.  Everything they touch turns to shit.  Its not just Detroit, its any place where those two things occur.

i generally dont agree with anything your crazy ass posts but I'll be damned.. This is spot on. This is true..and yes its sad.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:35 AM »
The place needs the Falcons skills, he could fix it ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
It's amazing that there are places like that in America.  I would have never guessed if you had shown the pics without the captions.  That said, what the city should do, is let demolition contractors go in there and let them demolish all of the buildings, and let them keep all the salvage.  I'm sure between the concrete/brick and metal, there is enough in there for them to turn a profit.  Put it out for competitive bid if you have to, but do it by whole city blocks, not just each individual structure.  Once done, they can topsoil, grade it, seed it, and turn it into either nice open space for parks, or sell the land to developers to build nicer things there.  All you have to do is get the taxes so high on it, that only the affluent can live there, and then you don't have the problem of poor people living there.  Once the poor people are gone, there will be no more problems like this.  I could take a fleet of excavators up there, crushers/grinders, and make a mint.  I'm sure bureaucracy will stand in the way of anyone doing any such thing.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 07:29:40 AM »
Detroit is a shit hole to say the least.  So is most of the state of louisiana

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 08:06:36 AM »
It's amazing that there are places like that in America.  I would have never guessed if you had shown the pics without the captions.  That said, what the city should do, is let demolition contractors go in there and let them demolish all of the buildings, and let them keep all the salvage.  I'm sure between the concrete/brick and metal, there is enough in there for them to turn a profit.  Put it out for competitive bid if you have to, but do it by whole city blocks, not just each individual structure.  Once done, they can topsoil, grade it, seed it, and turn it into either nice open space for parks, or sell the land to developers to build nicer things there.  All you have to do is get the taxes so high on it, that only the affluent can live there, and then you don't have the problem of poor people living there.  Once the poor people are gone, there will be no more problems like this.  I could take a fleet of excavators up there, crushers/grinders, and make a mint.  I'm sure bureaucracy will stand in the way of anyone doing any such thing.

Yes it is. It is common to see pictures like this from USSR, and no one wonder why there is such places because there was communistic system. Sadly the truth is that capitalistic system produce evenly crappy endings, but by different reasons. Soviet cities are ghost towns because for example, mining is moved to the other place, and city and the people follow. USA ghost towns are what they are because bank has kick the people out and take over their houses. All what you see in those pictures is owned by bank. Capitalism = No job  = no money = just die, bastard. Simple as that. If you try to talk about helping the weak ones, you are communist, up till the point when economy chances and you are among the weak ones yourself. That gives you completely different point of view, but it is too late. There will be plenty of pictures like that before economy of the USA has risen from the swamp where it is up to it's eyeballs ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »
Would be a great place to raise your son.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
Would be a great place to play hide and seek your red headed stepson.

;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »

Could be pics of post WWII Berlin and I would've believed it.  Sad.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:38 AM »

Even though Detroit has the highest concentration of blacks in America, being around 84 percent......the vast majority of the wealth, property, major businesses and income is still owned by whites.  Having a black mayor makes no difference whatsoever as he's just a municipal puppet.

You can't blame blacks for urban decay when they don't own the houses or buildings
You can't blame blacks for the failure of the auto unions or industry that are not controlled
You can't blame blacks for moving jobs overseas by companies not even owned by blacks

You can blame the black community for failure to properly deal with drug pushers and gangs who have polluted our community.  However, when's the last time you seen black guys importing weapons and operating poppy fields.  Most of the marijuana growers I've met were white....of course its still not an excuse.

I've been to Detroit and its a shithole just like Cleveland, Ohio.....but to say that the failure of the cities is due to blacks is simply not true.  My solution would be to sell the unoccupied areas at fireball prices...even a dollar with the promise to renovate the areas, clean the streets of drug dealers (by any means needed) and privatize some of the law enforcement to put more men out on the streets to deal with the criminal scum.  The abandoned areas are mostly due to to the rapid decline of the population.  Donald Trump and other entrepeneurs would kill at that opportunity to own that real estate for dirt cheap

Most importantly, take out the trash

A

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 08:45:47 AM »
What shithole is worse, Detroit or New Jersey? (in Europe those 2 are always named when u ask for USs ugliest shithole)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
when's the last time you seen black guys importing weapons and operating poppy fields.  Most of the marijuana growers I've met were white....

So again: a lack of initiative. So many unemployed 'brews, so much land not being used, and no police presence. Sounds like the perfect environment for hobby farming. And you can't say it's because they don't get financial support from banks. White criminals also don't get that.*

*unless they make millions.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »

Even though Detroit has the highest concentration of blacks in America, being around 84 percent......the vast majority of the wealth, property, major businesses and income is still owned by whites.  Having a black mayor makes no difference whatsoever as he's just a municipal puppet.

You can't blame blacks for urban decay when they don't own the houses or buildings
You can't blame blacks for the failure of the auto unions or industry that are not controlled
You can't blame blacks for moving jobs overseas by companies not even owned by blacks

You can blame the black community for failure to properly deal with drug pushers and gangs who have polluted our community.  However, when's the last time you seen black guys importing weapons and operating poppy fields.  Most of the marijuana growers I've met were white....of course its still not an excuse.

I've been to Detroit and its a shithole just like Cleveland, Ohio.....but to say that the failure of the cities is due to blacks is simply not true.  My solution would be to sell the unoccupied areas at fireball prices...even a dollar with the promise to renovate the areas, clean the streets of drug dealers (by any means needed) and privatize some of the law enforcement to put more men out on the streets to deal with the criminal scum.  The abandoned areas are mostly due to to the rapid decline of the population.  Donald Trump and other entrepeneurs would kill at that opportunity to own that real estate for dirt cheap

Most importantly, take out the trash

The wealthy people live in Bloomfield Hills, not inside the city limits of Detroit.  Any wealthy people who own property in Detroit own lofts/suites in the ComeriFord Arenafield area that they only use on rare occassions...theyre not "living there," and most of them (of the couple dozen of them total) have permanent residence in other states.

No one is renting those homes...they arent the result of insufficient maintanance planning by the rental property owner.  No one owns rental property in these areas.  You can BUY a home for a couple grand (literally...as in $2,000 or less...look up the "average" home price inside the city limits...).  

The place is a shithole and it's a shithole because of the people who live there.
Y

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »
Dat Däre Ghost Town?

Unfortunately, it is full of ghost riders, not ghosts. But there's still a chance to remedy this situation -- see Hiroshima.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 08:54:49 AM »
Dropping an Atomic bomb in Detroit would cause over $1,000 in damage most likely.
a

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
Dropping an Atomic bomb in Detroit would cause over $1,000 in damage most likely.

A friend of mine almost bought a home for $300 a few years ago.  That's not a typo
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
If you got 20,000 maintance guys armed with paint cans and building materials, the place would still look like a shit hole because the Government wouldn't allow anyone to fix it up. They want it to be this way...There are more cities to follow...All part of the Doom and Gloom agenda...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 09:41:35 AM »
A friend of mine almost bought a home for $300 a few years ago.  That's not a typo

Yea, but those leases are with a shitload of restrictions.  Remove those restrictions and let a developer put what he wants up there....that's all along with allowing them to privatize police forces up there to clean up the scum and get rid of the unions
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
No joke...

One of the biggest mansions in detroit was going for just 750K a few months back. This home sat on 3 acres of land and was a 14-room beast with 8 bathrooms, a wine cellar, pool, chef's kitchen, library/study, fully furnished basement and had tremendous surrounding grassy areas accordingly fenced in.

It's truly sad what has occurred in Detroit.

Here is an example of a home presently going for $100:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3139910127-12652-Washburn-St-Detroit-MI-48238

A mansion sitting on 1.7 acres, goes for 600k:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3136699088-18240-Fairway-Dr-Detroit-MI-48221

"1"

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
How unsafe is it in Detroit the decrepit state of that city interests me and I am curious to visit it....for a day and take some pictures