Author Topic: Think about it, we, the usa, used an atomic bomb!  (Read 16688 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Think about it, we, the usa, used an atomic bomb!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 07:20:41 AM »
the japanese would never ever have surrendered its said.

but the usa could have done the following:

drop the bomb on an japanese islnad that where no people live and show the footage to the japanese people.

that could have worked.i mean the thread works all the way till today.

japan citizens werent all 100% behind their leaders agreeing with everything.,thats a myth.

excellent idea,only a fool would not stop after seeing an entire vacated island goup in flames. that probably would have worked

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »
this would have worked too

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 07:26:52 AM »
You don't know how long a war will go on for, no one does and the solution to ending war is certainly not to kill innocent woman and children, you kill soldiers in war and civilians get killed in the process, that is understandable but not deliberately, no never.

I'm sorry OTH your wrong. This is EXACTLY how wars used to be won. Who kills the most people wins. What war is now with media and lawyers is a show... A bastardization.

My point stands. We SAVED millions of lives.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »
While I agree with your sentiment, you are wrong in this instance.  The Japanese would have never surrendered.  They were flying planes into our ships.  Their civilian population was literally jumping off of cliffs in Okinawa to avoid being taken prisoner.  Nan King (sp?) was probably a more brutal month by the Japs to the Chinese than anything the Nazis had ever done to the Jews in that time period.  The fact is, even after two atomic bombs, and the incendiary bombs dropped on Tokyo, killing more than the A bombs, it took their "God Emperor" to get them to surrender.  The war cabinet wanted to keep fighting until the last person was dead, as did a large portion of the population.  Why oh why there is not the vilianizing of the Japs the way the Germans were is beyond me.  But hey, it's war, and probably the last great one that will happen without total world destruction.
Japan was not targeting civilians, they were targeting a military compound where they figured everyone was military personnel.

Also dictators as you described above get over thrown by their own people. It is extremely convenient now to claim predictions of how much worse the out come would have been but the truth is the Japanese military where nothing, come on, one measly offensive attack(pearl harbor) in 4 years and they were this so called deadly threat that would have cost millions of live, Ya right.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 07:29:26 AM »
Effective war is genocide - WW1 and WW2 weakened the US and Europe way more than what met the eye.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »
I'm sorry OTH your wrong. This is EXACTLY how wars used to be won. Who kills the most people wins. What war is now with media and lawyers is a show... A bastardization.

My point stands. We SAVED millions of lives.
your point is shit and holds no credibility, in 4 years they managed one attack, pearl harbor,and you some how translate this to a threat of millions, you are the one buying into the propaganda that millions would have died.

, I on the other hand have studied my history and have memorized the entire Sun Tzu, i know that wars are fought with numbers but the primary attack is on soldiers and civilians fall on the way side not a head force attack on the civilian population by the 100's of thousand, that is not war at all.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 07:35:18 AM »
thanks for proving my point, the numbers in pearl harbor were what? .....exactly, oh and BTW that was 4 years earlier, why do you think they did not attack in those 4 years? ah, because the US had put a defense up, nothing could come close without getting fucked up.

That decision would not stand in this day and age, it is cruel and barbaric burning innocent children alive and letting them melt to death with their eyeballs falling out or crushing them under concrete for days to die suffocating while every bone in their body is broken.

War is hell.

I'm sure the innocent people that drowned to death on the USS Arizona didn't enjoy it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:46 AM »
War is hell.

I'm sure the innocent people that drowned to death on the USS Arizona didn't enjoy it.
Groink if your are on a military vessel expect an attack and you have signed up for military consequences, you compare that to a husband, a wife, and 2 innocent children walking their dog in the park getting sizzled to death by fire  ???

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
Japan was not targeting civilians, they were targeting a military compound where they figured everyone was military personnel.

Also dictators as you described above get over thrown by their own people. It is extremely convenient now to claim predictions of how much worse the out come would have been but the truth is the Japanese military where nothing, come on, one measly offensive attack(pearl harbor) in 4 years and they were this so called deadly threat that would have cost millions of live, Ya right.

While I'm not a WWII historian, I have researched a fair amount on it, and to say that Japan was not a formidable foe is just silly.  They had rule over the entire Southeast Pacific, and won may naval battles, as well as chased the French out of Indo China, and the British out of Burma.  These dudes were bad ass, and the only way to stop them was total annihilation.  Seriously, I realize that the killing of civilians was bad, but a full scale invasion of the home islands would have still cost civilian lives as well as military personnel.  A life is a life, and I know that soldiers sign up for this stuff, but a half a million soldiers versus a few hundred thousand Japs (military and civilians) is simple math to me.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »
this would have worked too

exact drone strike coordinates?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »
your point is shit and holds no credibility, in 4 years they managed one attack, pearl harbor,and you some how translate this to a threat of millions, you are the one buying into the propaganda that millions would have died.

, I on the other hand have studied my history and have memorized the entire Sun Tzu, i know that wars are fought with numbers but the primary attack is on soldiers and civilians fall on the way side not a head force attack on the civilian population by the 100's of thousand, that is not war at all.

Ill side with the historians on this one over anti-American propaganda, the Art of War, and random interwebs postings. Sorry.
$

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:01 AM »
Yes we do not fuck around

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
While I'm not a WWII historian, I have researched a fair amount on it, and to say that Japan was not a formidable foe is just silly.  They had rule over the entire Southeast Pacific, and won may naval battles, as well as chased the French out of Indo China, and the British out of Burma.  These dudes were bad ass, and the only way to stop them was total annihilation.  Seriously, I realize that the killing of civilians was bad, but a full scale invasion of the home islands would have still cost civilian lives as well as military personnel.  A life is a life, and I know that soldiers sign up for this stuff, but a half a million soldiers versus a few hundred thousand Japs (military and civilians) is simple math to me.
OK first I take that back, they were indeed formidable.

Now as for your simple math, maybe it is not so simple, I really do not think this is over and I mean if real Nuclear power catches up to the rest of the world which is inevitable, The US will be the first to get stomped on.

Remember Osama's excuse for attacking the US (whether it was him or not is irrelevant) he said the US started it when they bombed Hiroshima

You study history you know feuds can last for centuries, it is not uncommon. This was a big mistake made and the consequences are yet to be seen, but never mined that, the immoral despicability ( is that even a word, lol  ???) of the acts is as high as the sky.

you want to take pride in killing innocent children then so be it, but make no mistake you are in fact taking pride in this act of cruelty by agreeing with it.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 07:55:28 AM »
I contend if we dropped a low grade nuclear weapon on Saudi Arabia after 911, we'd have avoided 5-6?? conflicts since. But we didn't because it's not as profitable to end wars so quickly, and the media would have tried to undermine it.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 07:55:53 AM »
Yes we do not fuck around
no argument there

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »
I contend if we dropped a low grade nuclear weapon on Saudi Arabia after 911, we'd have avoided 5-6?? conflicts since. But we didn't because it's not as profitable to end wars so quickly, and the media would have tried to undermine it.
You are an idiot, if we dropped a nuc anywhere we would be at war with entire world, PUBLIC OPINION WOULD HANG US and we would be on trial

wooooooooooooooosh.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
You are an idiot, if we dropped a nuc anywhere we would be at war with entire world, PUBLIC OPINION WOULD HANG US and we would be on trial

wooooooooooooooosh.

Not right after 911. Everyone was with us. The initial backlash would have been bad, but today this nonsense would all be over. Instead we have what 5 active conflicts still going on? I'm sorry but again it would have saved lives.. A lot of lives.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »
Not right after 911. Everyone was with us. The initial backlash would have been bad, but today this nonsense would all be over. Instead we have what 5 active conflicts still going on? I'm sorry but again it would have saved lives.. A lot of lives.
Of course they would fucken hang us, are you fucken retarded, you can not drop a nuke now,it would be suicide to whoever drops a nuke and yes even on the day after 911, wow I am talking to a teenager or something

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »
And, in doing so, saved millions of lives.

Your welcome.

seriously ?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »
Of course they would fucken hang us, are you fucken retarded, you can not drop a nuke now,it would be suicide to whoever drops a nuke and yes even on the day after 911, wow I am talking to a teenager or something

I disagree and am refraining from name calling etc. because you are clearly passionate about issue... Wrong, but passionate.

Today, I agree we would get roasted for doing it, because a lot has changed since 911. Specifically the anti-American American media.  15/19 hijackers from Saudi Arabia... The day after dropping a small nuke that takes out about 10k people and destroys Mecca... And you have no such thing as the war on terror, death cultists, the rise of the left in the US, etc.

So 10k in one strike is not better then what... 500k since? Please think logic instead of emotion. And stop calling names OTH. It is unbecoming of you.
$

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
$

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 08:14:16 AM »
;D

And because of that, now even that north Korean inbreeded insane blimp has nuclear missiles. Thank you very fucking much. I will rather give nuclear weapons to the apes than Americans, if some one has to be in charge of them..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 08:15:35 AM »
I disagree and am refraining from name calling etc. because you are clearly passionate about issue... Wrong, but passionate.

Today, I agree we would get roasted for doing it, because a lot has changed since 911. Specifically the anti-American American media.  15/19 hijackers from Saudi Arabia... The day after dropping a small nuke that takes out about 10k people and destroys Mecca... And you have no such thing as the war on terror, death cultists, the rise of the left in the US, etc.

So 10k in one strike is not better then what... 500k since? Please think logic instead of emotion. And stop calling names OTH. It is unbecoming of you.
ok fair enough no name calling and I am sorry,

but really anybody on this planet even a grade 5 knows you would have to go to war with entire world if you dropped a nuke on innocent people in todays era, this is not even debatable. Come on bro.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:09 AM »
"Think about it, we, the usa, used an atomic bomb!"
YES! But we did it in the name of almighty gawd and cuntry.
so that made it ok.

our military is nothing but a bunch of murderous thugs.
I'm not proud to have been part of it and do not support them
or their commander in chief.

Code 4 Never Again.  FTN