Author Topic: Racket ball as cardio  (Read 2516 times)

Subaru66

• Getbig I
  • AWD whore
Racket ball as cardio
« on: January 10, 2006, 12:34:46 PM »
Me and a few guys at my gym are pretty into racket ball atm you move almost nonstop and definitly a nice adrenaline rush anyone else here play or suggest it as a possible form of cardio?
Played today for almost an hour and every muscle i have was burning and my heart was racing
Matt

Wolverine

• Getbig III
  • The Rabid Wolverine
Re: Racket ball as cardio
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »
i never played till i got to college but ya, its a good workout and addicting as hell
mrechef

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:03:28 PM »
Excellent cardio. i play once a week at least.

8)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
I'm sure it's good for burning calories. I wouldn't do it personally though, afraid I would lose too much musclemass.
Z

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »
I'm sure it's good for burning calories. I wouldn't do it personally though, afraid I would lose too much musclemass.

unless you played all day every day i doubt that could even be a factor...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
Not sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm talking about Squash

According to an article in Washington Post:

" The space is small, and you're in constant motion. In a 30-minute game, you can burn 600 calories"

That's 1200 calories in an hour, no thanks! I'm having a hard time eating enough calories as it is allready.
Z

Wolverine

• Getbig III
  • The Rabid Wolverine
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 02:40:40 PM »

That's 1200 calories in an hour, no thanks! I'm having a hard time eating enough calories as it is allready.

thats a tasty brownie a week...
mrechef

Subaru66

• Getbig I
  • AWD whore
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »
nice to see a few fellow racket ballers it is pretty damn addicting and pretty good workout thanks for the feedback
Matt

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 08:28:42 PM »
Man I used to play EVRYDAY.  In fact I snapped my achilles in a tournament in LA.  I played A but felt better in B.  We had one of the best racquetball players in history from Hawaii. Egan Inouye.  He invented the E-Force racquet.  The Olympic team wanted to use them but they were sponsored by Ektelon.  His serve was timed at 185 mph.  He used to go around the world doing exhibitions.  He could take a new ball out of a can and bust it within 3 hits.  He could play a game against a curb.  He gave me a great compliment.  He said my serve was as good and fast as any pro he has played against.  It got me so tired.  It is GREAT cardio

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 07:28:12 AM »
Not sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm talking about Squash

According to an article in Washington Post:

" The space is small, and you're in constant motion. In a 30-minute game, you can burn 600 calories"

Well, if you think it will really impact you that much don't do it. i haven't had a problem and i doubt most people would unless they played 4 hours straight every day.

8)

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 08:10:23 AM »
One of the best forms of cardio....involvesd pretty much all muscles and you will probably burn 1000+ calories if you really get into it. None of this 3 wall BS....need 4 walls to really get it going!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 09:43:03 AM »
ya i like racket ball fun game

cshep57

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 10:49:28 AM »
I used to play 3x a week for about 4 months.  Fantastic workout, but I tore my elbow apart and took 6 months to get back to normal.  Invest in an elbow brace and make sure your form is right.