Author Topic: gym problems  (Read 2551 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
gym problems
« on: January 10, 2006, 12:40:12 PM »
so I got a little decision to make here.  My gym just shut down :( at which i had a free membership....all the the memberships and equiptment are being transfered to a different gym which i tried out yesterday for free (my free membership won't work at this new gym so im memberless) the gym i do have a free one at is Golds.  Golds is great but the heaviest dumbs go to 120 only.....the other gym now goes up to 160.  The gym with the heavy dumbs is very poorly put together and unorganized and i hated it on top of that i will have to buy a membership so that i can keep training with a partner.  or i can go to where i can for free alone...to a well organized gym with lighter dumbs.  This is only temporary until april when i go home back to my home gym where i work. so tell me guys what you think i should do.......im tight for money but training is important.....my partner leaves in a month so i could get a 1 month until he leaves and then go for free to golds but i really don't like this gym where my old gym's equiptment has gone. damn this is gay.
bodybuildersreality.com

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: gym problems
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »
 hwo did u get a free memembership???  mym is the same way. but i doint care. bc aall i need is the dumbbell rack and a bb rack and thats it

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:05:05 PM »
i'd stick with the free membership and use BB's for a while if the DB's are too light. then when you get back home you can hammer the DB's again and get a good workout. i just don't see the point in spending the tight money on something so short term.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:00:08 PM »
i'd stick with the free membership and use BB's for a while if the DB's are too light. then when you get back home you can hammer the DB's again and get a good workout. i just don't see the point in spending the tight money on something so short term.

8)
Agreed.

Use the money your saving on a free membership on other things, such as more food.

Also, don't worry about training alone. I go through spurts of having a partner and training alone and it works out fine. Sure, having a partner is preferable, but at most any gym I've been to, most people don't mind lending a hand to give you a spot now and again. If having a partner is purely a motivational issue, just suck it up until you get back home and find other means of motivating yourself...but from the majority of your post, I doubt lack of motivation is a concern.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:18:59 PM »
Isnt that sweet.... Arnold Jr. helping Jr. Yates.  :'(
S

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 04:02:48 PM »
i've always felt that guys use dumbbells instead of the bar because they're easier, most guys can work up to heavy weights on db's for some reason but how many dudes do you see who bench 4 or 5 plates, not many, plus guys want to look cool in the gym and db's have a way of making you look like you really know what you're doing as opposed to a bar which looks outdated and old fashioned.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »
thanks guys!! yeah while i was waiting for some replys i just drove down to golds for my workout and got them to fill out my agreement form.....as for the free membership question....i worked at the gym where im from (which got me a free membership to that one)and i don't know if you've heard of IPFA? my gym at home is a part of it and so are alot of golds and other facilities. but IPFA definatly has worked to my advantage.....now don't call me a prick cuz i would love to pay the gym and give my support but right now training is more important than anything and if i can get away with it i will.
bodybuildersreality.com

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
ii can of figured that you had something to do with the gym.

dude, if i ever get a free membership. i would be all of it. why pay for stuff you doint need to.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 05:47:14 PM »
exactly! but ya my gym problem is all figured out now.
bodybuildersreality.com

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »
partner-less from here on in
big or bust

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »
you know who to blame.....the owner of the gym that shutdown 10 months is a long time to pay the lease.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
raises an interesting question....

you obviously can't work out without a gym membership.

but suppose that cuts into your budget so you can't afford healthy food and/or supplements.

still worth it, right?  what does one do in that situation, to counteract the problems? 
:-)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
lift rocks and tree trunks and hunt food.
bodybuildersreality.com