Author Topic: Girl, 4, fatally shoots boy, 4, at Detroit home  (Read 2595 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Girl, 4, fatally shoots boy, 4, at Detroit home
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
Yeah I think it matters.  Anyone who has a gun in the house for protection should have it loaded if it's going to be of much use.  An intruder isn't going to wait for someone to load a gun.  So the fact it might have been loaded doesn't mean much to me.

If there are little kids in the house, it shouldn't be accessible to them.  If it was loaded and easily accessible to four and five year old kids, then I agree that's a big problem.  

That's true, not being loaded is an issue in the heat of the moment.  But even then, In my mind ( I don't own a gun), I am not likely to keep a loaded gun in the house with children.  It would be kept in a lock safe or box, maybe with a trigger lock.  I would beef the defense of the house  at the points of entry to allow time for me to get and load the gun.  Hopefully with a speed loader lol.  But i wouldn't take the chance under any circumstances to have a loaded gun in the house even if its in a safe with kids present.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 11:11:23 AM »
That's true, not being loaded is an issue in the heat of the moment.  But even then, In my mind ( I don't own a gun), I am not likely to keep a loaded gun in the house with children.  It would be kept in a lock safe or box, maybe with a trigger lock.  I would beef the defense of the house  at the points of entry to allow time for me to get and load the gun.  Hopefully with a speed loader lol.  But i wouldn't take the chance under any circumstances to have a loaded gun in the house even if its in a safe with kids present.

I agree.  That's why I never owned a gun when my kids were small.  Keeping it unloaded and locked up in a closet somewhere makes it somewhat useless as a self defense tool.  Keeping it loaded and easily accessible makes it too dangerous for young kids. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
they make gun boxes that hold a gun and a couple clips,has a 4 digit code.leaving a loaded gun in a desk or draw is just stupid

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »
It is stupid if you have kids running around, yes. Otherwise no. That said, you do realize that its kind of dumb to generalize all legal gun owners the way you do, being that the vast, vast majority are actually quite careful, responsible people? Criticising gun ownership (80 million strong) for the occasional dumbass is like saying no one should own cars because occasionally a kid gets the keys to one and runs someone over.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
For 80 bucks you can own a box i can get into the box as fast as you can your gun out of your draw stupid not to have one

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
It is stupid if you have kids running around, yes. Otherwise no. That said, you do realize that its kind of dumb to generalize all legal gun owners the way you do, being that the vast, vast majority are actually quite careful, responsible people? Criticising gun ownership (80 million strong) for the occasional dumbass is like saying no one should own cars because occasionally a kid gets the keys to one and runs someone over.

Good point.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »
For 80 bucks you can own a box i can get into the box as fast as you can your gun out of your draw stupid not to have one
sure you can boss, if youve ever played with one of those you would know youre full of shit but thats ok weve known that since the moment you opened your mouth on the subject of guns and gun ownership so......

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 06:50:39 AM »
this coming from a guy that has to come on a body building site and tell people he.s a judo champ to show how tough he is   :D :D priceless ,and those boxes are very easy and fast to access

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 07:08:19 AM »

::)

We'll chalk this one up with Jag claiming the laws of physics on Jupiter are different than the laws of physics on earth.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 07:19:31 AM »

We'll chalk this one up with Jag claiming the laws of physics on Jupiter are different than the laws of physics on earth.

do you own one or are you just talking out your ass as usual . :D how about them steelers another year of sucking ;D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 07:23:39 AM »
do you own one or are you just talking out your ass as usual . :D how about them steelers another year of sucking ;D

Yes, all of my guns are locked up save the one.

I'm in mourning over the Steelers and I hate the *&**& Patriots.  But, NE is always a well coached team.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 07:26:49 AM »

Yes, all of my guns are locked up save the one.

I'm in mourning over the Steelers and I hate the *&**& Patriots.  But, NE is always a well coached team.

I agree best coach in the nfl .just can't see having a loaded gun not protected,accident waiting to happen

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
this coming from a guy that has to come on a body building site and tell people he.s a judo champ to show how tough he is   :D :D priceless ,and those boxes are very easy and fast to access
haha this coming from the faceless gimmick who doesnt lift on a bodybuilding site...

those boxes are easy to get into, especially when you arent in a hurry and under pressure...

You shouldnt have a loaded gun around children who havent been taught to respect them and you dont trust. I grew up around guns and never went around with my brother and played with them ::)

Your opinion is pretty moot though as a person you dont own a gun and probably have never shot one so...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
haha this coming from the faceless gimmick who doesnt lift on a bodybuilding site...

those boxes are easy to get into, especially when you arent in a hurry and under pressure...

You shouldnt have a loaded gun around children who havent been taught to respect them and you dont trust. I grew up around guns and never went around with my brother and played with them ::)

Your opinion is pretty moot though as a person you dont own a gun and probably have never shot one so...

at lease I don't come on here and trying to impress people I don't know by telling them I'm a judo champ  :D :D :D let me guess when you were 10 you use to tell kids my father is bigger than your father :D leaving a loaded gun unattended is fucking stupid it's that simple.but you are pretty fuckin stupid

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »
I'm responding to tell you how ironic it is that you repeatedly call people dumb, when you sound like someone with a room temperature IQ.  I'm sure you could be intelligent in real life, but that's not the way you sound.  

And yes, I know you don't care that you write like a mentally retarded Canadian.  

Calling an American a "mentally retarded Canadian" is no insult to the American.
If anything, ...it's quite the compliment. Everyone knows that even the stupidest Canadian is by far,
heads & shoulders above even the most intelligent American. When you want Smarties ...look to Canadians!  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »
Yeah I think it matters.  Anyone who has a gun in the house for protection should have it loaded if it's going to be of much use.  An intruder isn't going to wait for someone to load a gun.  So the fact it might have been loaded doesn't mean much to me.

If there are little kids in the house, it shouldn't be accessible to them.  If it was loaded and easily accessible to four and five year old kids, then I agree that's a big problem.  

What do you mean "if there are little kids in the house" or "if it was loaded and easily accessible to four and five year old kids" ?

There is no IF!

There WERE little kids in the house

The gun WAS loaded and easily accessible to four year olds.

You make it appear like these FACTS are in dispute. They are not.

Or is your premise the bedroom was in a shed outside? That adults somehow magically morphed into 4 year olds, and these little tykes managed to crack open or pick the lock on a secure lockbox, retrieve both gun and ammunition, ...and load the gun themselves? Your conditional statements make you appear like a very retarded American.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 02:48:29 PM »

Excuse me?! Please refresh my memory here. This is not something I recall.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »
at lease I don't come on here and trying to impress people I don't know by telling them I'm a judo champ  :D :D :D let me guess when you were 10 you use to tell kids my father is bigger than your father :D leaving a loaded gun unattended is fucking stupid it's that simple.but you are pretty fuckin stupid
hahaha impress ppl?

nice try boss but it wasnt to impress ppl ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 07:05:09 PM »
Calling an American a "mentally retarded Canadian" is no insult to the American.
If anything, ...it's quite the compliment. Everyone knows that even the stupidest Canadian is by far,
heads & shoulders above even the most intelligent American. When you want Smarties ...look to Canadians!  :P
haha, youre such a pretentious derp of a woman.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 07:12:29 PM »

I suppose I could choose to be insulted if I knew what a derp was. What's a derp?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »
Lmao

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
Lmao

ROTFLMAO... ok, I confess... I had to google it.

The first definition was so/so... but the 2nd definition was BRUTAL!  ;D

derp

Web definitions

To act stupid or foolish; To make a stupid mistake; To point in different directions; (of a person) To have a facial expression with one's eyes pointing in different directions; Draws attention to an act of foolishness or stupidity; placeholder for unimportant details, blah blah blah

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/derp

derp

As used to describe a person who acts like, well....like a Dumb Egotistical Retrograde Prick.
Give 'em a hammer. They'll do the rest.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?page=2&term=derp
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »

So you think I'm a derp... {sigh}  that's ok, my life will still go on... and in fabulous style too.  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »

I know some very smart, friendly Canadians.  You're not one of them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »
What do you mean "if there are little kids in the house" or "if it was loaded and easily accessible to four and five year old kids" ?

There is no IF!

There WERE little kids in the house

The gun WAS loaded and easily accessible to four year olds.

You make it appear like these FACTS are in dispute. They are not.

Or is your premise the bedroom was in a shed outside? That adults somehow magically morphed into 4 year olds, and these little tykes managed to crack open or pick the lock on a secure lockbox, retrieve both gun and ammunition, ...and load the gun themselves? Your conditional statements make you appear like a very retarded American.

I don't know all the facts.  I read a couple paragraphs of a news story.  Unlike you, I don't just fiat out make stuff up.