Author Topic: Is Bodybuilding dying?!  (Read 12536 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is Bodybuilding dying?!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
Like someone said prior bodybuilding is a alive in the gyms. Competitive bodybuilding is dying. Back in the 70's and most of the early 80's you couldn't find a girl in a gym. Now the gyms seem to be half women and sometimes more. The park I run in has more women runners than men. Women seem to be more involved in keeping fit than men today. Then again men have always been delusional about how they look. Ask most men how they look, most will give them self a 8 or higher. They can be fat and look like a troll but they think they are a stud.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 10:36:10 AM »
Hello, longtime lurker here! Always been a fan of a great physique, however these later years I find lots of pro-bodybuilders repulsive. Here in Scandinavia the interest for aesthetics(musclemania, Classic bodybuilding) is growing, slowly but surely.
Friends who used to be good followers of Mr.Olympia and Mr. Arnold Classic have totally gone either mma, thaibox or other sport.
My prognosis is that Pro-Bodybuilding will implode or simply disappear into a oblivion, considering that this is how it looks right now.

this
vs

vs

What will "IT" take in order to change bodybuilding in it's direction? Just let it die and wait for another reform or sport? Will it ever change? Solutions??
thanks have a good day getbiggers!!
NUMBERS ARE BIGGER THEN EVER, Bodybuilding is growing and growing now it is at its peek. The direction it is taken is crap I agree but it is still growing

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »
The numbers are bigger but that is due to the new categories.

Regardless it's still a type of bodybuilding in my opinion.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
It's dying in Canada and the US, but it seems to be gaining momentum in Europe and the rest of the world. For the most part.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

IT'S THE JUDGES FAULT.
nope, it is humungus in Canada, bigger then ever, The promotors here in Ontarios have had shows were we have to send peopl home because the audience is full, no seats available. We had regional events with 300 entries, it is huge in Canada. Your area must suck

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
Europe, are you Scandinavian, or a Moslem invader?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »
nope, it is humungus in Canada, bigger then ever, The promotors here in Ontarios have had shows were we have to send peopl home because the audience is full, no seats available. We had regional events with 300 entries, it is huge in Canada. Your area must suck

Not Alberta.  :(

Except for when Nationals was held here. Not a sell out but a decent crowd.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" here....but it hasn't vastly increased. It's not bigger than ever.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
The numbers are bigger but that is due to the new categories.

Regardless it's still a type of bodybuilding in my opinion.
wrong again, the numbers within the regular bodybuilding categories are way bigger and growing, I know I have to organize these guys on stage, it suck lately for me, especially the middle weights mens at regional shows, 20 + competitors right there.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
Not Alberta.  :(

Except for when Nationals was held here. Not a sell out but a decent crowd.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" here....but it hasn't vastly increased. It's not bigger than ever.
really? That is weird, here it is crazy, real crazy.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
wrong again, the numbers within the regular bodybuilding categories are way bigger and growing, I know I have to organize these guys on stage, it suck lately for me, especially the middle weights mens at regional shows, 20 + competitors right there.

I'm not wrong. That's just how it is here.

Obviously it's different in Ontario.

I'd say it's still a decent number of competitors here. But 5 years ago there were many more. 20 plus in all categories except for maybe Heavyweight ones.

The Idol

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
It's dying in Canada and the US, but it seems to be gaining momentum in Europe and the rest of the world. For the most part.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

IT'S THE JUDGES FAULT.
you really need to square away your issues surrounding being a man posing as a female before you tackle the politics of bodybuilding.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
I'm not wrong. That's just how it is here.

Obviously it's different in Ontario.

I'd say it's still a decent number of competitors here. But 5 years ago there were many more. 20 plus in all categories except for maybe Heavyweight ones.

but you said the numbers are bigger answering my post ( I assume since I was the only  one saying so) and then said due to the new categories. So assuming you were answering me in saying do to the new categories, I said you were wrong.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »
but you said the numbers are bigger answering my post ( I assume since I was the only  one saying so) and then said due to the new categories. So assuming you were answering me in saying do to the new categories, I said you were wrong.

Gotcha. We're back on the same track. We were on a different one.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »
Gotcha. We're back on the same track. We were on a different one.
but not to be a prick here,  :D  your southern bodybuilding championship in alberta in 09 had 25 male bodybuilders and in 2013 had had 39, just saying  ;)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
Then why are you all here?? why care about Mr.Olympia at all? why create a bodybuilding forum and degrade it?
Reason is that I think Bodybuilding is still a young sport, it only needs a right direction, kinda like when UFC was dying then Dana White took it to the right direction.

I know steroids will be an issue and supplements company making some competitors the winner but if NO one says anything, Bodybuilding is phucking everybody's ass and people seem to like it!??
I love Bodybuilding just stating a fact! It is not a real sport it is subjective, you are being judged like Ice Skating, Gymnastics or a beauty contest! You are on the Gossip and Opinions forum in case you haven't noticed on Getbig

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »
I love Bodybuilding just stating a fact! It is not a real sport it is subjective, you are being judged like Ice Skating, Gymnastics or a beauty contest! You are on the Gossip and Opinions forum in case you haven't noticed on Getbig
I agree, not a sport, but we call it a sport for lack of a better term. I do not like calling it a sport but I work with promoters and commentators at shows and they are forced by the upper echelon to refer to it as a sport so in my case I have to call it a sport.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:15 PM »
Bodybuilding in the 60's, 70's and early 80's had guys with relatively small waists and many had dense looking muscle. The top pros of today their muscles have the strangest look. It looks like it's inflated with fluid instead of being muscle. Just balloon bag muscle look. No normal guy would want to look like that.
X100, they lack that "earned" look. Just all watery and funky.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
X100, they lack that "earned" look. Just all watery and funky.
true but this does not translate to ''bodybuilding dying''

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »
Europe, are you Scandinavian, or a Moslem invader?
I'm a migrant yes.. but not a muslim, far from it. I andean mixed, I do not believe in religion per say. I love Scandinavia(sweden) and would defend it like it was my own country.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »

Lol wut??

Thanks for all replies, I see different replies..: "it's a sport";"it's not", "it never lived", "schmoes",etc..
Is everyone confused?? I want the truth..!!!
inb4 youcan'thandlethetruth.jpg

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »
The fact that magazines are dying, cero tv exposure. And mainstream having less respect for steroids users than a Coke head.  Are clear signs that bodybuilding is in its worst state.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »

I was head of Security for this event. It was a wonderful evening.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
true but this does not translate to ''bodybuilding dying''
The common folk know it's all drugs, back in the 60s and 70s the physiques looked very obtainable.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2014, 05:49:43 PM »

She's in Alberta where bodybuilding isn't as frowned upon like it is in Ontario. Still, people in the Canadian bodybuilding scene are all fucked in the head.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »