Author Topic: Real gym rules of etiquette  (Read 5227 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Real gym rules of etiquette
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 06:35:06 AM »
Meh. I don't drop heavy dumbells and I'm not one of those dudes who grunts on every rep but I grunt when needs be. 
Like when OneMoreRep has you bent over?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »
I SMH at the dudes who walk around in these 5 finger feet things.  WTF is that all about?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 06:36:52 AM »
 ;)

1 re-rack your motherfucking weights. your momma don't work at the fucking gym and the front desk isn't your goddamn maid. if you can pull the 150's off the rack to do 2" db presses, your bitch ass can put them away too

2 unload the fucking leg-press. see #1

3 if you drag shit from one end of the gym to another (i.e. kettlebells, medicine balls, foam-rollers, yoga mats, dumbbells ect...) again, see #1

4 don't scream at the top of your lungs during your set and then jump up and pace around like a pro-wrestler. I don't care if you're 250lbs and coked out of your mind, you're a fucking clown.

5 don't drop the fucking weights. you ain't Ronnie coleman, and this ain't metroflex. you pay $20 dollars a month and a years worth of your membership dues won't pay to replace or fix the dumbells you break and don't cry when we kick your ass out. you want your money back? sue us. see you in court. btw, we're calling other gyms to warm them of your tendency to break shit. professional courtesy.

6 don't moan on the fuckign treadmill

7 shower

8 trainers give advice in exchange for money. that's how they pay their bills. don't go up to them asking questions and expect detailed, in depth answers if you're not paying for it. for example, if you knew a doctor in the gym, would you constantly ask his medical advice/diagnosis?? no... it'd be fucking rude, and he'd tell you to 'go to the hospital'.... dont' get pissy and all offended/entitled when we dont' take an hour out of our booked up schedule to answer your nonsense questions you could've googled.

9 if you see a guy with headphones on, looking at the floor between sets, don't bother him for a fucking spot if you don't know him... especially if it's a 135 incline press.

10 don't bother a guy with headphones on PERIOD, if all you want to do is talk and bullshit and tell some cute little joke... we're doing a job, we're focused.. this isn't a high school lockerroom where were just bullshiting and puffing our chests up. and playing "mr. Me Too"

11 don't talk to a guy in the middle of a set... and don't act like a little bitch when we slam the weight down and say "what do you want?"

12 when gym staff is working out, don't bother them to look up something with your account or ring up a protein drink. don't get all pissy because you want to use the machine we're on because "they work in the gym and can use it anytime they want". we dont' get paid to workout, and we're not on the clock. you work at Burger King, you want me to knock on your door at home on your time off and ask you to make me some Onion Rings? no? then shut the fuck up.

13 pick up your fucking trash, especially in the restroom.

14 WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS. I saw you come out of the stall after taking a shit and NOT wash your hands... fucking disgusting motherfuckers.... touching the weights with microscopic shit particles on your hands.

15 when taking a shit, do a COURTESY FLUSH as soon as that shit hits the water. I can't believe how many of you people think it's ok to sit there and envelope the entire restroom with the stench of your pile of shit.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
I SMH at the dudes who walk around in these 5 finger feet things.  WTF is that all about? 
I`d love to drop a 100 pound plate on their foot just for the sheer joy in would bring me.  :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 07:20:36 AM »
I SMH at the dudes who walk around in these 5 finger feet things.  WTF is that all about?  

It looks pathetic, but why would you give a fuck? ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 07:23:46 AM »
Use a bench or machine? Wipe that shit down before moving on.   >:(

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 07:26:18 AM »
Lots of complaining.   ;D

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:57 AM »
 My only rule:

If you tie up 5 pieces of equipment doing 3 reps on each and then jumping to the next station I get to punch you in the solar plexus for being a douche.

1 more : if you ask me to spot you and then talk on your phone I get to hold the bar on your throat til you turn purple.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:31 AM »
Also - don't take light dumbbells and do reps and sets in from the heavy dumbbells area where people are using the heavy dumbbells and lifting heavy.   That is a real douche move. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
My only rule.

If you're gonna stare at me like a homo..make yourself useful and put my weights away.  ;D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 07:37:56 AM »
alot of ppl here indirectly hinting at how heavy they train hahahaa ;D
n

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 07:39:40 AM »
Also - don't take light dumbbells and do reps and sets in from the heavy dumbbells area where people are using the heavy dumbbells and lifting heavy.   That is a real douche move. 

When you're so easily offended, then why not train in your own basement?

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 07:42:45 AM »

Yeah and I'm not really so sure of what he's talking about...he's saying people can't use the mirror space if they are using light weights? So, like essentially if you're not lifting heavy enough you can't be graced with his presence.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 07:43:41 AM »
Soul crusher should just take his depends off and piss everywhere to mark his territory and keep everyone away

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »

Not a matter of being offended - a matter of reality.  Last night Im doing rows w 100lbs dumbbells and some skinny douche is doing curls w 20's right next to me getting in the way just so he can look at himself in the mirror since it was crowded in the light weight area.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
Yeah and I'm not really so sure of what he's talking about...he's saying people can't use the mirror space if they are using light weights? So, like essentially if you're not lifting heavy enough you can't be graced with his presence.

I think what he is saying is, lifting heavy weights on and off the rack isn't easy with you standing in front of the rack...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »

Not a matter of being offended - a matter of reality.  Last night Im doing rows w 100lbs dumbbells and some skinny douche is doing curls w 20's right next to me getting in the way just so he can look at himself in the mirror since it was crowded in the light weight area.  

So ? He paid his monthly due.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52:48 AM »

He's prob talking about folks who train right before the rack, which is annoying anyway. I always observe the current situation; how many people are busy at a given moment? Then I look for a strategic place.

A lot of 'rules' are a matter of common sense. When you treat people like kids with all kinds of do's & don't's, then some of them will ACT like kids ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »

There's a difference between 'reality' and interpretation, a huge difference...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »
There's a difference between 'reality' and interpretation, a huge difference...

Talking about the people who usually only do arms - Monday-Thursday   - never see them on a Friday night.   Jam the place Mon-Tuesday.  Etc. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »
Talking about the people who usually only do arms - Monday-Thursday   - never see them on a Friday night.   Jam the place Mon-Tuesday.  Etc. 

You're too focused on others, study your own thoughts/beliefs first..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
You're too focused on others, study your own thoughts/beliefs first..

They take up space and get in the way of people actually there to get stuff done. 

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Do not spread chalk all over the place unless you are doing at least 120% bodyweight bench, 2X bodyweight dead or Bw military press  >:(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »
They take up space and get in the way of people actually there to get stuff done. 

Can you even read ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 08:15:42 AM »
Can you even read ???

Yes - but its hard to be strategic when all these fools are jamming the area just to watch themselves do curls.  F them.