Author Topic: I wasted a lot of time Hoisting and Lifting weights like Chaos.  (Read 19542 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: I wasted a lot of time Hoisting and Lifting weights like Chaos.
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
You can't deny TA is a champion

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
Yes Adonis is 1x uncrowned Mr. Getbig

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
Its true.  It really is useless.  I started slowing down the form, really squeezing, slow and controlled and its like I am new to working out all over again.  Hoisting and lifting really gets you nowhere.  It might sound cool to say, "I can do X amount of weight X amount of times", but nobody really cares.

Lifting and hoisting weights is simple, feeling the contraction and going slow is way more difficult, not to mention beneficial.

This is why a build such as Yates had looked the way it did. Match that up against a dennis wolf, and all the other such names at the top and my point is proven. All these videos I see of guys doing fast partial reps, erratic movements, countless volume, is why they look the way they do.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »
You can't deny TA is a champion

No one makes a better Vanilla Crème Brûlée.

No one wears a kitchen apron better.

All the way GetBig legend.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2014, 08:20:37 PM »
No one makes a better Vanilla Crème Brûlée.

No one wears a kitchen apron better.

All the way GetBig legend.

I often picture Adonis in an Apron and Chef's hat in his well appointed kitchen. Clasical music wafting in the background as he pulls a tray of blueberry muffins from the oven....smells them approvingly as he spins and sets them on the island.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2014, 08:43:18 PM »
lol @ idiots who worry about how much they can lift.

For what? To break your body down further and faster?

Oh brother, delusional as the day is long.

Take that egg headed pussy chaos for instance. If you saw him in real life you wouldn't look twice or think anything of him. Someone such as TA stands next to him shirtless at the beach and it's game over.

It's not even relevant in the aspect of fighting or anything of that nature either.

Goofs.

Well, because usually the heavier your capable of lifting, the larger those muscles are.  IF you wanna be big like say Kazmeir or Coleman, you've got to lift some heavier than you're capable of weights, often. Hope that helps.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2014, 08:56:23 PM »
I did 10 lb lateral raises today in a different way that I never have before.  Learned it from a Lifetime Natural.  Crazy intense burning and can`t even lift my arms up.  I normally could go up to 40s and 45s with okay form and I would feel it, but not near as much.

I've advocated laterals like this for ages.

I use 15lbs max and it whoops my ass. And delts are prob my best bodypart.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
I've advocated laterals like this for ages.

I use 15lbs max and it whoops my ass. And delts are prob my best bodypart.

Like what ?

Srs.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »
Well, because usually the heavier your capable of lifting, the larger those muscles are.  IF you wanna be big like say Kazmeir or Coleman, you've got to lift some heavier than you're capable of weights, often. Hope that helps.
no it doesnt help.

what about time under load etc. what is heavier a fast not entire rom movement with much weight ,ot more reps of perfect form and slow full squeeze with moderate weight?what do you think will build more muscle?

"strenght" has to do with bone structure, cns muscle mind connection(how comes everybody has a stronger and weaker side>),and joint-tendon strenght.

cutler trains deadlifts with 3 plates a side, go tell him about your theory ahaha.

and you ignored stuff like pre exhaustion etc.

and what frozzor said, comes down to genetics period.

i hope THIS helps.

n

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 09:05:06 PM »
Like what ?

Srs.

My bad, wasn't specific. I meant slow, controlled, concentric portion and eccentric portion, arms fully extended to lengthen the lever arm, with a half second pause at just past parallel. I know very few guys IRL who can do sets of 20 reps with 20lb DBs like this. Any time guys ask me for tips on delts I make them do this with 10 or 5lb dumbells. It's a very humbling exercise.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
yes, no of the monsters here can do a proper full concentration workout even with those allegedly small weights.

chaos would gass out middle of warmup.

n

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »
yes, no of the monsters here can do a proper full concentration workout even with those allegedly small weights.

chaos would gass out middle of warmup.

But Chaos is a big strong guy who doesn't want to look like a twinky phaggot with the pink dumbells   :D

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:25 PM »
no it doesnt help.

what about time under load etc. what is heavier a fast not entire rom movement with much weight ,ot more reps of perfect form and slow full squeeze with moderate weight?what do you think will build more muscle?

"strenght" has to do with bone structure, cns muscle mind connection(how comes everybody has a stronger and weaker side>),and joint-tendon strenght.

cutler trains deadlifts with 3 plates a side, go tell him about your theory ahaha.

and you ignored stuff like pre exhaustion etc.

and what frozzor said, comes down to genetics period.

i hope THIS helps.

Cutler is on everything his body can handle and all he can afford, as are the rest of these "pros". Does partial and light deads because he has a bad back and already built the size from lifting for 20 years. Time under tension tends to build size sure. But no one out there has 20" arms doing 40lb db curls and press downs, or 30" quads doing 4-2-1 tempo squats with 135 or 225 for that matter. None sense on your bone structure theory. There are incredibly strong and small power lifters as you know, likewise, very large framed ones.

What it comes down to is more the effort applied long term. Genetics.. Only will determine how a muscle looks, not how big or small it can be.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 09:25:16 PM »
I often picture Adonis in an Apron and Chef's hat in his well appointed kitchen. Clasical music wafting in the background as he pulls a tray of blueberry muffins from the oven....smells them approvingly as he spins and sets them on the island.

You're giving me a chubby.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »
You're giving me a chubby.

I gave myself a chubby...you should have read the ending I edited out.. ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »
My bad, wasn't specific. I meant slow, controlled, concentric portion and eccentric portion, arms fully extended to lengthen the lever arm, with a half second pause at just past parallel. I know very few guys IRL who can do sets of 20 reps with 20lb DBs like this. Any time guys ask me for tips on delts I make them do this with 10 or 5lb dumbells. It's a very humbling exercise.

I use only 5 lbs but that's right after a drop set with partials at the end on the Nautilus lateral. I can use 10 lbs for 10 reps when fresh and then have to swing a bit to get to full parallel and above after doing 10 clean reps.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
dumbbells over barbells ... the proverbial "mind-muscle connection" ... and train alone so you're not tempted to move big weight just for the sake of moving big weight

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »
As natural as a potato with a dick.
You are a moron if you think they are on anything or ever have been.  Shoots holes in your own credibility actually.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:23 PM »
You are a moron if you think they are on anything or ever have been.  Shoots holes in your own credibility actually.

Of course it does, stud.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »
My how times have changed. It used to be train heavy with volume now it's no better than the local soccer mom wanting to "workout" with "small weights" because they don't want to get bulky..
Haha. Holy shit, imagine if you clowns actually trained...it would last about 10min. Hahaha.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2014, 11:39:38 PM »
Of course it does, stud.
Why are you a moron you ask?  You are the same guy who brags and touts and salivates over high school football prospects, teenagers, benching 400-500 pounds with decent physiques, yet you see two pale white guys, (dare I say skinny even) who have devoted 25 years plus of his life to training, earning degrees in that field, writing for magazines, never coming close to your teenage fantasies yet somehow they are the ones on roids, despite no indication thereof.

Stick to watching stinky children run a few hundred feet, stud, natural bodybuilding is completely out of your realm.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 11:45:12 PM »
I often picture Adonis in an Apron and Chef's hat in his well appointed kitchen. Clasical music wafting in the background as he pulls a tray of blueberry muffins from the oven....smells them approvingly as he spins and sets them on the island. Then checks on the abductant hanging in the larder.

*Hannibal Lector vibe*      ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2014, 11:51:21 PM »
Cutler is on everything his body can handle and all he can afford, as are the rest of these "pros". Does partial and light deads because he has a bad back and already built the size from lifting for 20 years. Time under tension tends to build size sure. But no one out there has 20" arms doing 40lb db curls and press downs, or 30" quads doing 4-2-1 tempo squats with 135 or 225 for that matter. None sense on your bone structure theory. There are incredibly strong and small power lifters as you know, likewise, very large framed ones.

What it comes down to is more the effort applied long term. Genetics.. Only will determine how a muscle looks, not how big or small it can be.

This.

Why are you a moron you ask?  You are the same guy who brags and touts and salivates over high school football prospects, teenagers, benching 400-500 pounds with decent physiques, yet you see two pale white guys, (dare I say skinny even) who have devoted 25 years plus of his life to training, earning degrees in that field, writing for magazines, never coming close to your teenage fantasies yet somehow they are the ones on roids, despite no indication thereof.

Stick to watching stinky children run a few hundred feet, stud, natural bodybuilding is completely out of your realm.

And this too.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2014, 11:55:40 PM »

Training modalities are a complete 180 degree difference. The HS football players train for power and strength and compared to the few years of training experience they have, they are light years ahead in strength compared to those you're posting. In the same light, these same kids do not nor will they ever have the level of density or muscular development than these guys without gear. You're a naive simpleton.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
Training modalities are a complete 180 degree difference. The HS football players train for power and strength and compared to the few years of training experience they have, they are light years ahead in strength compared to those you're posting. In the same light, these same kids do not nor will they ever have the level of density or muscular development than these guys without gear. You're a naive simpleton.
Yes, just look at this Density only roids can provide.  You are a moron.