Author Topic: Monica  (Read 9789 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Monica
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »
UJ, her name is "Lobstah", go talk to her!

Uncle Junior

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:48 AM »
Talk to her and sneak in the phrase "so do you like to come here with your boyfriend? " and if she says "oh no i don't have a boyfriend" that's when you make your move and ask her out

How do I initiate the conversation in the first place, I kinda have a persona in my gym of the super intense guy, so how do I start the conversation without being creepy?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 07:26:20 AM »
stop thinking ahead, you don't know if she has a boyfriend so don't worry about it, go ask her out. Now! You'll deal with the boyfriend/rejection issue later, not now ...and so what if she has a boyfriend, you'll show your affection and plant the seed in her mind. If she's interested in you maybe she'll contact you one day, you never know but if you don't ask her out you'll never know! I've been there mate ;)

Yes but I am not sure if the potential rejection that might ensue would be worth it, I mean it might make me feel like not working out there anymore etc.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 07:27:08 AM »
Hit her with this J

Uncle Junior

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
Why? You're the only that has an emotional investment in the threads on Getbig. And maybe Shizzo to an extent.

No one here TRULY cares about a 21 year you want to bang/date. It's all fun and games for us. It's only serious to you.

:D

Maybe me and Shizzo are actually super honest guys who don't feel the need to hide behind our tough guy persona because of the anonymity the internet provides and wear our hearts on our sleeves, for all his faults/demons, Shizzo is probably one of the more honest guys on Get Big.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »
I getting to like RUDE more and more, very creative, how do you do it bro?
creative  ??? lets not get carried away now J  ;D

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »
Unc I am always getting crushes on girls at my gym. Something about seeing femininity invading a typically male dominated place.

Sounds to me like you are getting enough subtle signs to suggest you have a good chance. Life is too short to worry about her reaction, grab your balls and go over and say 'Hi'. Don't over think about what you are going to say just chat and be friendly. Shit will work out for you I am sure.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 07:40:01 AM »

How do I initiate the conversation in the first place, I kinda have a persona in my gym of the super intense guy, so how do I start the conversation without being creepy?

just start saying hello when she gives you eye contact

then after a few times of this chat about training for a while

if she is interested she will make it obvious
T

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:08 AM »
When I saw the thread title, I figured I would look over and immediately see the author was The General, boy was I mistaken, and disappointed.  No Joker/Monica pics.  :-\

Uncle Junior

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 07:44:21 AM »
Unc I am always getting crushes on girls at my gym. Something about seeing femininity invading a typically male dominated place.

Sounds to me like you are getting enough subtle signs to suggest you have a good chance. Life is too short to worry about her reaction, grab your balls and go over and say 'Hi'. Don't over think about what you are going to say just chat and be friendly. Shit will work out for you I am sure.

Fuck it, enough has gone wrong in my life in the last 2 weeks for me to actually not give a fuck, I am gonna ask her out/talk to her next time I see her.

This is going to be so tough, I almost wish I didn't have to deal with this right now.

I honestly am freaking out now.

I will probably say something dumb and chicken out.

I have no idea what the open line will be?

How do you just randomly go up to a girl you have never talked to and just start chatting to her.

If this was in business I would have no issues whatsoever.

Potential Lines:

1) "Hi, sorry what is your name? Ahh Monica's that's a lovely name, always see you training in the morning, should I show you how to do a proper lat pulldown"?

2) "Ah hi sorry don't really know, can you give me a spot with this bench press"?

Ahh fuck it, whatever I say is gonna suck, I just know it.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
start flirting

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »

Fuck it, enough has gone wrong in my life in the last 2 weeks for me to actually not give a fuck, I am gonna ask her out/talk to her next time I see her.

This is going to be so tough, I almost wish I didn't have to deal with this right now.

How do you just randomly go up to a girl you have never talked to and just start chatting to her.

Potential Lines:

1) "Hi, sorry what is your name? Ahh Monica's that's a lovely name, always see you training in the morning, should I show you how to do a proper lat pulldown"?

2) "Ah hi sorry don't really know, can you give me a spot with this bench press"?

You will be fine brother. Try not to think ahead too much and worry about what to say. Every time I have done this it has made me nervous and self conscious.

We idolise and put women on a pedestal and this can be our undoing. They are just people remember and appreciate the same things as everyone else.

Don't think too much just smile and ad lib. I know you are a smart dude from reading your posts so really don't think you have anything to worry about.

ps good luck and report back  :)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »

Wait for eye contact and come over: "Hey, I don't usually talk to people in the gym, but I know I'd kick myself if I didn't ever introduce myself to you..... "

The important thing is not to overthink and anticipate the encounter, otherwise it'll come off as rehearsed.  She's probably as nervous as you, and she'll be relieved when you approach her

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 01:10:18 PM »

Thanks man will do. I was thinking to ask Ash to ask her first if she's got a boyfriend or not and if not then I can try but if she does I wouldn't even bother embarrassing myself, nothing wrong with a bit of forward planning.

What's embarrassing about being told that she has a boyfriend? If you are only willing to talk to her if you are 100% assured of success, then you are doomed to failure. Using ProudVirgin's opening line (which is nice and sincere) and she lets you know that she has a BF, well then she knows you are interested and that probably makes you a tad more interesting to her, boyfriend or not.

Seriously, a little confidence goes a LONG way here. Don't be a cowering beta bitch.

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
If she's making eye contact all the time just go over to her and see how she responds.. jesus

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
I gave her a cocking already she wasn't that great.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
If she is interested, any words that don't make you sound like a total idiot will break the ice. Whether that is achievable, given you are such a blatant beta fag, is debatable.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:24:10 AM »
If she is interested, any words that don't make you sound like a total idiot will break the ice. Whether that is achievable, given you are such a blatant beta fag, is debatable.

Going to gym now, hope she is there, but usually I don't see her on Saturdays. She probably goes out Friday nights and sleeps in on Saturday mornings.

Still if she is there I might find my balls and just say "hi" or "hello" but I doubt I could do more right now unless she totally starts initiating a conversation or starts asking me questions which probably is unlikely.

Wish me luck, I am gonna need it.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:48 AM »
Don't get involved with her. She will break your heart. You need to find an older woman that is more desperate and will enjoy your neurosis - in that it won't freak her out and she can mother you.

I'm being serious here. Find a woman a bit older than you and she'll overlook a lot.
O

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 01:58:39 AM »
I gave her a cocking already she wasn't that great.
;D

---

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 02:08:24 AM »

Potential Lines:

She will smell the reek of desperation.

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »
Uncle Joon is the worst gimmick ever but getbig is so ridiculously dumb to see it.

If it's not a Gimmick then it's a Genova or a mandatory suicide.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:49 AM »

Just got back from gym, she wasn't there, didn't think she would be on a Saturday.

Was planning on training legs today but I didn't feel it and ended up doing cardio instead. Going a lot on instinct at the moment and training what I feel like rather than having a plan.

I am still sick (still on antibiotics) but feeling lot better than last week, still my cardio was like 50% less than what it should be. Amazing how that works when you are sick.

Kinda feel a bit relieved, maybe I should get little bit better shape before I ask her and stuff.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2014, 03:31:36 AM »
Don't get involved with her. She will break your heart. You need to find an older woman that is more desperate and will enjoy your neurosis - in that it won't freak her out and she can mother you.

I'm being serious here. Find a woman a bit older than you and she'll overlook a lot.

Grit honestly you are no far from the truth brother.

I always get on splendidly with girls/ladies that are older/more mature than me. It's the younger one that cause me all the problems usually.

I have like 3-4 MILF type friends in the gym who are so sweet and like me and end up like talking about all kinds of stuff with them etc

---

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2014, 03:35:59 AM »
Grit honestly you are no far from the truth brother.

I always get on splendidly with girls/ladies that are older/more mature than me. It's the younger one that cause me all the problems usually.

I have like 3-4 MILF type friends in the gym who are so sweet and like me and end up like talking about all kinds of stuff with them etc

If they pat you on the head and say "awww" when they are talking to you then they are not keepers.