Author Topic: Obama raises minimum wage.  (Read 9441 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Obama raises minimum wage.
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »
Median income is higher in the US. US standards of living for the median and average are significantly higher than australia.

If you raise minimum wages and product costs all increase, all you've done is devalue your currency. The entire idea of a minimum wage is moronic and illogical. Even the US Treasury recognized and stated this fact when the US min wage was first introduced, yet somehow a vocal group of populists has succeeded in eradicating common sense among the populace.
this is BS, the jump we took on minimum wage was from 7 to 10 dollars in a single shot and guess what? bigmac combos are still 8 bucks before and now 4 years later and guess what? rent is the same and guess what? a loaf of bread is still 2 bucks and milk is the same, smokes are the same, beer is the same, gym memberships are the same, nothing has changed in 4 years since this oocured

Oh BTW vehicles have taken a huge drop in prices, so due to all this a minimum wage worker where I am from can now drive a nice SUV

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
What's the Australian median income versus the United States?

I doubt wages are 130% higher.

well in the post you responded to there were jobs that were being paid at 16 dollars versus the US's minimum wage, which is indeed 130%

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
well in the post you responded to there were jobs that were being paid at 16 dollars versus the US's minimum wage, which is indeed 130%

Yes and everyone else is poorer because of it. Hence the reason why MEDIAN wage is the relevant statistic.

this is BS, the jump we took on minimum wage was from 7 to 10 dollars in a single shot and guess what? bigmac combos are still 8 bucks before and now 4 years later and guess what? rent is the same and guess what? a loaf of bread is still 2 bucks and milk is the same, smokes are the same, beer is the same, gym memberships are the same, nothing has changed in 4 years since this oocured

Oh BTW vehicles have taken a huge drop in prices, so due to all this a minimum wage worker where I am from can now drive a nice SUV

You should probably pay more attention to your local news. Ontario is trying again to raise the min wage because the cost of living has outgrown the minimum wage, even after the increase.

So no, all those things are not the same.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »

Then you're comparing apples to oranges.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 05:14:58 PM »

yah exactly   ::) which would mean the average Australian has a MUCH harder time doing this.

uhm.

i china, say an average wage is 200usd month.
cost of life is little, alright, for the basic things.
now lets say one is tight and puts away 50usd a month.

compare this

to switzerland, average wage will be 4000 or so usd(including 5 weeks paid holyday,hope this helps)

can put 1500usd a month aside.

thank you, no more questions.

yah,or even more.

increasing ones branch minimum wage cant hurt much, if some employers can afford that, they have no place in the free market ;D :D

gotta stay competitive :D

if you increase everyones minimum wage, theres a risk of higher prices on some goods as result.

or less profits for the coes, and shareholders.

n

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2014, 05:16:44 PM »
Yes and everyone else is poorer because of it. Hence the reason why MEDIAN wage is the relevant statistic.

You should probably pay more attention to your local news. Ontario is trying again to raise the min wage because the cost of living has outgrown the minimum wage, even after the increase.

So no, all those things are not the same.
the cost of living in ontario has not changed at all, i live here, I know it has not changed,

So if everyone else's is poorer as in the middle class and high class then so be it, they are not the ones struggling, they can afford to give a little.

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »
the cost of living in ontario has not changed at all, i live here, I know it has not changed,

So if everyone else's is poorer as in the middle class and high class then so be it, they are not the ones struggling, they can afford to give a little.

A quick google search tells me it has changed and exactly by how much. Your anecdotal evidence is irrelevant.

And yes, thank you for just calling it what it is. Wealth redistribution. Not economic stimulus lol

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
edit

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
ok "maynard keynes" ::)

haha , everyone is oorer bc of increased wages, have i got that lesson right? ;D
n

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
name some examples.

hes the elected potus lol, ofc he cares about an agenda.

How's this galeniko?

Quoted from the AOL/Huffpost article tonight after his State of the Union speech.

President Barack Obama vowed Tuesday night in his State of the Union address to sidestep Congress "whenever and wherever" necessary to narrow economic disparities between rich and poor.

Again the evidence proves me right about President fuckface.  His own words.  Doesn't seem very in line with our constitution and our founding principles. 

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.

- Abraham Lincoln

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:27 AM »
My American friends, Australians live much better than you.
Every time when I visit yours shores there is more & more beggar's (black & white),more homeless, sad picture of once mighty nation.
Australian social security & medical system (just like in EC) is far ahead of yours.
Every one has right for free medical assistance & unemployment benefits (no cut offs here).
Food,climate & much more relax life is easy win for Aussie, you guys work much harder for much less.

Without massive WW3, there is simply no way for yours industrial recovery.
O, yes you have never ending Red Carpet TV circus & yes BB freaks.
Looks like God bless America is no more.
This week I am buying another Jeep (JK8 Wrangler ) the best car in the World.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2014, 05:28:45 AM »
My American friends, Australians live much better than you.
Every time when I visit yours shores there is more & more beggar's (black & white),more homeless, sad picture of once mighty nation.
Australian social security & medical system (just like in EC) is far ahead of yours.
Every one has right for free medical assistance & unemployment benefits (no cut offs here).
Food,climate & much more relax life is easy win for Aussie, you guys work much harder for much less.

Without massive WW3, there is simply no way for yours industrial recovery.

::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:22 AM »
How's this galeniko?

Quoted from the AOL/Huffpost article tonight after his State of the Union speech.

President Barack Obama vowed Tuesday night in his State of the Union address to sidestep Congress "whenever and wherever" necessary to narrow economic disparities between rich and poor.

Again the evidence proves me right about President fuckface.  His own words.  Doesn't seem very in line with our constitution and our founding principles. 

At that point he should have been dragged outside and hung by an oak tree on principle alone.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2014, 05:34:28 AM »
At that point he should have been dragged outside and hung by an oak tree on principle alone.

Yep.  No admin has tried so hard to circumvent the system to get their agenda furthered.  Disgrace in every possible way.   

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2014, 05:38:01 AM »
How's this galeniko?

this is bad indeed.

he knew gop would block that, but such is life.theres no excuse for this,we agree.

btw usa has 2% ppl on minimum wage, increasing that will have no eonomical effect.

nothing worth mention atleast.

keep in mind i never said obama is sound in all decisions.

Yep.  No admin has tried so hard to circumvent the system to get their agenda furthered.  Disgrace in every possible way.   
dont be so sure about that, read the book "dirty wars"

n

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »
this is bad indeed.

he knew gop would block that, but such is life.theres no excuse for this,we agree.

btw usa has 2% ppl on minimum wage, increasing that will have no eonomical effect.

nothing worth mention atleast.

keep in mind i never said obama is sound in all decisions.

dont be so sure about that, read the book "dirty wars"

Have studied US politics for years and know that many admins have played dirty but nowhere near this level.  Just look at the number of executive orders this clown has signed. And if you arent sure what that means, essentially instead of having input from congress ie: the people, an exec order overrides the process.  He seeks ways to get his personal agenda across with no regard to what the majority want. 

alabama ftw

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2014, 05:52:15 AM »
this is bad dont be so sure about that, read the book "dirty wars"

its not just the military industrial complex that works like that. The whole system is based on "crony Capitalism".  

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:44 AM »
its not just the military industrial complex that works like that. The whole system is based on "crony Capitalism".  
this.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »
Quote from: Teutonic Knight link=topic=515699.msg7299708#msg7299708

LOL

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »
Good for Obama.....if the flat earther's don't want to work, then fuck them\

In the history of the Republic, there have been 168 filibusters of executive and judicial nominations. Half of them have occurred during the Obama Administration – during the last four and a half years
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »

In the history of the Republic, there have been 168 filibusters of executive and judicial nominations. Half of them have occurred during the Obama Administration – during the last four and a half years

Hey Vince, are you still charging $3000.00 for business seminars?

Wondering how many of the posters on here that agree with this minimum wage increase bafoonery actually have small businesses and employees?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:20 PM »
Hey Vince, are you still charging $3000.00 for business seminars?

Wondering how many of the posters on here that agree with this minimum wage increase bafoonery actually have small businesses and employees?
yes I do own my own my own business and yes I employ workers, why ask? what is your point exactly? please explain

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »

lolwut

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:28 PM »

i had one, i was very generous, i paid them in food,on a good day, 1 extra bread piece no problemo(leftover from last day)
n