Author Topic: Obama raises minimum wage.  (Read 9433 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama raises minimum wage.
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »
also, lol, give me a break, usa govt foreign "Help" comes with a catch22.
something like "we will establish a military base in exchange" or whatever other shenanigans.

but yes there are very charitable individuals in the usa, john d rockefeller always always donated 10% of his income to charitable things, this is good to know.
uhm, yes personal basis stuff.

screw all those govt releases and "Ngo"s statistics.

hell i even said, as wolrd poilce usa is most charitable, by will or not, but it is.and is a good thing.
see above, those are all too vague.

its all just worldplay.

helpfulness,theres much more of that in 3rd world shitholes where ppl have real problems.

its a vague term used to twist stats.helpfulness cant be measured properly, theres  too many interpretations.

I dont know if youre drunk or just fucking retarded but the study seems to be based on individual actions not the actions of govts.

Look bro I know that for some reason you dont want to admit the US is a great nation and give it much credit. Dont know why people like you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the US and dont care.

LOL so your new argument is that true helpfulness cannot be measured? ok...so basically you have made up criteria that cannot be measured so that youre premise cannot be proven wrong...awesome

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
yes I do own my own my own business and yes I employ workers, why ask? what is your point exactly? please explain

How much do you pay your employees? Do you employ workers that would warrant making a minimum wage? Why exactly are you in business? If you're In a business that warrants paying a minimum wage are you raising the cost of your goods? See how that works??

What warrants a minimum wage worker? IMO, it's someone with at a low education that can only get an entry level job. You said you were in roofing, so was I as a contractor, consultant, inspector and system designer. A first year apprentice would warrant this pay. If I had to pay more, i would have to work that labor into my bid then in turn would raise my cost. When the price of oil rises, do you raise the cost of materials? Of course you do.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
How much do you pay your employees? Do you employ workers that would warrant making a minimum wage? Why exactly are you in business? If you're In a business that warrants paying a minimum wage are you raising the cost of your goods? See how that works??

What warrants a minimum wage worker? IMO, it's someone with at a low education that can only get an entry level job. You said you were in roofing, so was I as a contractor, consultant, inspector and system designer. A first year apprentice would warrant this pay. If I had to pay more, i would have to work that labor into my bid then in turn would raise my cost. When the price of oil rises, do you raise the cost of materials? Of course you do.
I understand your point and in fairness I do not run a biz that pays out minimum wage, however I did explain in a post that a guy begged me for work and was willing to accept 12 dollars an hour but I gave him 15 because i have a conscious and roofing is a tough gig, 15 is where I start from..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
I understand your point and in fairness I do not run a biz that pays out minimum wage, however I did explain in a post that a guy begged me for work and was willing to accept 12 dollars an hour but I gave him 15 because i have a conscious and roofing is a tough gig, 15 is where I start from..
how much would you pay a person to push buttons on a computer and clean tables?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
how much would you pay a person to push buttons on a computer and clean tables?
talent deserves more, so I would pay them based on there ability for the computer job. there is minimum wage jobs that slave the workers though, like a dishwasher.

I mean I can still get workers at 12 dollars an hour to roof all day long but I just will not pay that little

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

Truth is, almost no one pays out minimum wage anyway with the exception of fast food joints, small businesses, etc so this is almost a moot point. But there are small businesses that have no choice, then tack on higher taxes, insurances, obamacare there is no choice but to pass on the added expenses to the consumer. We got into business to make more money, that's the goal and not to give away or have our livelihood stolen from is. Again, I got into business to make money and of course help others. But it comes at a premium as it should.

Even I now, I could easily get back into the roofing industry without missing a beat making very good living but why take a pay cut when I could have my own business making more?  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
talent deserves more, so I would pay them based on there ability for the computer job. there is minimum wage jobs that slave the workers though, like a dishwasher.

I mean I can still get workers at 12 dollars an hour to roof all day long but I just will not pay that little
You responded without answering, how much would you pay them?

If you say you would pay them based on their ability how can you shit on people who pay the minimum wage or even less? I mean if that's the extent of the ability those workers have for that position then are they not following your ideals?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2014, 09:56:31 PM »
You responded without answering, how much would you pay them?

If you say you would pay them based on their ability how can you shit on people who pay the minimum wage or even less? I mean if that's the extent of the ability those workers have for that position then are they not following your ideals?
your post is dumb, there has to be a minimum, i can not get bums off the street to shovel my lane way for 3 dollars an hour, ya that is all I would be willing to pay cause I do not have that in my budget to spend on that sort of thing so will I though?, of course not, that is wrong, so jobs have to be worth a minimum in order for them to operate, if not then discontinue the job but do not slave someone for minimum wage because that is all they are worth to you,

Minimum wage should be slightly higher, jobs who can not afford to accommodate higher pay then the present minimum wage should not be operatable

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »
your post is dumb, there has to be a minimum, i can not get bums off the street to shovel my lane way for 3 dollars an hour, ya that is all I would be willing to pay cause I do not have that in my budget to spend on that sort of thing so will I though?, of course not, that is wrong, so jobs have to be worth a minimum in order for them to operate, if not then discontinue the job but do not slave someone for minimum wage because that is all they are worth to you,

Minimum wage should be slightly higher, jobs who can not afford to accommodate higher pay then the present minimum wage should not be operatable

Let me ask you about that last paragraph. What is slightly higher in your opinion? If you keep raising minimum wage, it cuts into profits, when you cut into profits it slows growth because you're taking less of a portion of the profits for reinvestment. If you can't grow, you cannot hire.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »
It's about time. Here in Canada, minimum wage is over $10/hour.

How much is a big mac in Canada?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
Let me ask you about that last paragraph. What is slightly higher in your opinion? If you keep raising minimum wage, it cuts into profits, when you cut into profits it slows growth because you're taking less of a portion of the profits for reinvestment. If you can't grow, you cannot hire.
14 years ago I was paid $ 6.85 per hour as a dish washer at 18 years old, I had a bachelor apartment for 500 bucks a month, where a 2 bedroom apartment at the time was 750 bucks a month.

Fast forward to present day, a whopping 11 dollars for minimum wage, it went up that much in 14 years, and guess what 2 bedroom rent is now, 850 bucks a months, only up 100 dollars.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »
How much is a big mac in Canada?
A big mac is the price of 50% of minimum wage and a bic mac 14 years ago was 75% of minimum wage.  ;)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
14 years ago I was paid $ 6.85 per hour as a dish washer at 18 years old, I had a bachelor apartment for 500 bucks a month, where a 2 bedroom apartment at the time was 750 bucks a month.

Fast forward to present day, a whopping 11 dollars for minimum wage, it went up that much in 14 years, and guess what 2 bedroom rent is now, 850 bucks a months, only up 100 dollars.

I like it when people make enough to be independent. I don't see why you guys think McDonald's is obligated to pay "a living wage" though.

McDonald's being considered legitimate adult employment, brings us all down as a society.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
If the government would instead cut Walmart employee's welfare and gov. benefits, those employees would no longer find it possible to work at Walmart unless Walmart raised their wages.

Gov intrusion causes all these problems, more intrusion won't fix anything.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
I like it when people make enough to be independent. I don't see why you guys think McDonald's is obligated to pay "a living wage" though.

McDonald's being considered legitimate adult employment, brings us all down as a society.
and this is really my only argument here, is being able to get by and the wages now do not allow for this in the US like they do where I live. In fact with our minimum wage you can live in a 2 bedroom apartment and drive an SUV comfortably, all because minimum was increased dramatically.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »

I totally agree.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
Costco is known for paying their employees very well and the business is doing just fine

Costco's CEO and president, Craig Jelinek, has publicly endorsed raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, and he takes that to heart. The company's starting pay is $11.50 per hour, and the average employee wage is $21 per hour, not including overtime.

I know someone who works at Costco and he makes like $19.00 per hour.

However, research shows that it pays to pay employees well, because satisfied workers are more productive and motivated, according to MIT Sloan School of Management professor Zeynep Ton, who focuses on operations management.

"How many times have you gone to a store, and the shelves are empty or the checkout line is too long, or employees are rude?," she said. "At Costco, you see a huge line that disappears in minutes."

The productivity translates into sales, she said.

According to Ton's research, sales per employee at Costco were almost double those at Sam's Club, its direct warehouse competitor owned by Wal-Mart.

X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:58 PM »
and this is really my only argument here, is being able to get by and the wages now do not allow for this in the US like they do where I live. In fact with our minimum wage you can live in a 2 bedroom apartment and drive an SUV comfortably, all because minimum was increased dramatically.

I just can't see how it's fair or even economically sound to force an employer to pay so much more than someone's market value. This would have to be the final blow to thousands of struggling small businesses.

If you can't live on your McDonald's salary, it's because you're so easily replaceable by a teenager that doesn't demand a living wage, or it's because the government is subsidizing the rest of your income.

I think we should try to get to the root of the problem.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »
I just can't see how it's fair or even economically sound to force an employer to pay so much more than someone's market value. This would have to be the final blow to thousands of struggling small businesses.

If you can't live on your McDonald's salary, it's because you're so easily replaceable by a teenager that doesn't demand a living wage, or it's because the government is subsidizing the rest of your income.

I think we should try to get to the root of the problem.

I wonder how much Queen Vissy makes.
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »

I wonder how much Queen Vissy makes.

I though Vissy was some kind of male model?

Hopefully Goodrum lets him borrow his Costco card.  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
I though Vissy was some kind of male model?

Hopefully Goodrum lets him borrow his Costco card.  ;D

Goodrum takes Queen Vissy for romantic dinners at Costco.
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »

Goodrum takes Queen Vissy for romantic dinners at Costco.

ROFL

I bet Goodrum can totally clean them out of free samples.

It would be funny if Vissy collected all kinds of samples and they went to have a picnic in one of the outdoor displays... And Vissy wore a beautiful sun dress, and some Marilyn Monroe sunglasses.   ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2014, 11:05:53 PM »
ROFL

I bet Goodrum can totally clean them out of free samples.

It would be funny if Vissy collected all kinds of samples and they went to have a picnic in one of the outdoor displays... And Vissy wore a beautiful sun dress, and some Marilyn Monroe sunglasses.   ;D

Well, on Queen Vissy's Facebook page, he has a few pictures of him where he is wearing a cute penguin hat. So maybe he can wear that when Goodrum takes him out.

And yes, Vissy would be going crazy for all those free samples at Costco. He would feed them to Vince while on their picnic blanket.
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2014, 11:21:48 PM »

Well, on Queen Vissy's Facebook page, he has a few pictures of him where he is wearing a cute penguin hat. So maybe he can wear that when Goodrum takes him out.

And yes, Vissy would be going crazy for all those free samples at Costco. He would feed them to Vince while on their picnic blanket.

That cracks me up!!! Vince should try and get his Bees wax or pollen or whatever it is sold at costco.