Author Topic: CM Punk walks out of WWE - not a work  (Read 10441 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: CM Punk walks out of WWE - not a work
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »

I would think twice (or even three or four times) before hitting Simmons. I've heard enough stories about him in real life altercations.

Damn.

^^See what I did there^^ ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:31 AM »

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »

I would think twice (or even three or four times) before hitting Simmons. I've heard enough stories about him in real life altercations.
Let's hear one

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »
Let's hear one

This comes from Layfield:

He and Simmons were in a bar fight one night (I believe Bradshaw had some prick-like tendencies back in the day), when many of the patrons turned on them. I think Layfield was knocked down, Simmons stood in front of him and said, "The next white boy that moves is gonna get his ass kicked!" Bradshaw looked up and said, "But Ron, I'm white."

Vince was also known to use the APA as "enforcers" back in the day. One example is when Buff Bagwell was caught in a motel room with several underaged girls. Vince wanted him gone, and so put him in a match with Ron and Bradshaw. They both stiffed the shit out of Buff, who then left the company shortly thereafter. He took a series of potatoes, including some extremely stiff "Closthelines From Hell," which apparently got the message across.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »

He and Simmons were in a bar fight one night (I believe Bradshaw had some prick-like tendencies back in the day), when many of the patrons turned on them. I think Layfield was knocked down, Simmons stood in front of him and said, "The next white boy that moves is gonna get his ass kicked!" Bradshaw looked up and said, "But Ron, I'm white."

Vince was also known to use the APA as "enforcers" back in the day. One example is when Buff Bagwell was caught in a motel room with several underaged girls. Vince wanted him gone, and so put him in a match with Ron and Bradshaw. They both stiffed the shit out of Buff, who then left the company shortly thereafter. He took a series of potatoes, including some extremely stiff "Closthelines From Hell," which apparently got the message across.
I thought buff was fired for a half assed match with Booker?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
I thought buff was fired for a half assed match with Booker?

Maybe that's the "public" explanation that was offered.
 ;)

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »
Would have loved to see APA vs LOD.......no rules..just go out and beat the f%^k out of each other..

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »

Maybe that's the "public" explanation that was offered.
 ;)
I see.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »

I heard APA & taker were lockroom police..

I heard Kurt Angle and benoit were also tuff and would police the locker room..

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 11:22:48 AM »
I also heard a interview where taker had to have a talk with Shawn Michael's. Because he
didn't want to job to a hot stone cold.. I think it might be in wrestlemania..

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
I also heard a interview where taker had to have a talk with Shawn Michael's. Because he
didn't want to job to a hot stone cold.. I think it might be in wrestlemania..
Was WM14 when he lost to Austin. He was pilled up on pain killers and being his usual self centred jackass self. Undertaker was waiting for him in the locker room with his fists taped up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

I heard APA & taker were lockroom police..

I heard Kurt Angle and benoit were also tuff and would police the locker room..

Supposedly, Benoit was one of the few guys who wasn't afraid of Scott Steiner, and also one of the few guys Scott didn't mess with backstage.

Interesting about Kurt; I'd never heard that before, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's a lot I haven't heard, and Kurt could probably clean up with just about anybody in the locker room.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
Couple of Benoit stories i love:

Vader gave him a wide berth in WCW because he was worried about his physical ability and knew he could hurt him in an altercation.

A new wrestler disrespected one of the senior guys in the locker room, Benoit stepped up to discipline him. He made the wrestler do 500 free squats - doing them simultaneously - and left him in tears.

He didnt need to get physical with guys back stage because everyone apparently knew what he could do to them. I will always be a Benoit fan and 100% respect what he was able to do in the ring.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
Couple of Benoit stories i love:

Vader gave him a wide berth in WCW because he was worried about his physical ability and knew he could hurt him in an altercation.

A new wrestler disrespected one of the senior guys in the locker room, Benoit stepped up to discipline him. He made the wrestler do 500 free squats - doing them simultaneously - and left him in tears.

He didnt need to get physical with guys back stage because everyone apparently knew what he could do to them. I will always be a Benoit fan and 100% respect what he was able to do in the ring.

I forget who the rookie was, but I do remember it was Shawn Michaels he disrespected. Benoit made him do 500 squats, and did them with him just to show that this is a "team effort."

Benoit's life had a horrible ending, but it in no way diminishes his professional accomplishments. O.J. Simpson is a piece of shit for what he did, but it doesn't change his pro football stats.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »

I forget who the rookie was, but I do remember it was Shawn Michaels he disrespected. Benoit made him do 500 squats, and did them with him just to show that this is a "team effort."

Benoit's life had a horrible ending, but it in no way diminishes his professional accomplishments. O.J. Simpson is a piece of shit for what he did, but it doesn't change his pro football stats.

i have a co worker who killed himself and wife this past week and although he is a piece of garbage for what he did I for some reason keep trying to explain the same thing to people.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 05:43:07 AM »

i have a co worker who killed himself and wife this past week and although he is a piece of garbage for what he did I for some reason keep trying to explain the same thing to people.

Emotion often overrides practical and rational thinking abilities in many people.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »
Not to mention that Benoit's brain was analyzed after his suicide and it was determined that he had the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Too many shots to the head, apparently.

I'll never forget meeting him and getting his autograph at Gold's gym. Super nice guy.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:27 PM »
Not to mention that Benoit's brain was analyzed after his suicide and it was determined that he had the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Too many shots to the head, apparently.

I've a very difficult time believing that claim. If accurate, then I would have expected him to have a lot more trouble performing mundane daily activities, much less highly complex physical maneuvering in a ring and following a mind-boggling travel schedule.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »

I've a very difficult time believing that claim. If accurate, then I would have expected him to have a lot more trouble performing mundane daily activities, much less highly complex physical maneuvering in a ring and following a mind-boggling travel schedule.

Very good point !

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »

Be that as it may, what other motive is there as to why he deiced to kill his own family and himself? Dementia? No alcohol, I don't think. I think the autopsy report showed a mixture of pain killers, elevated testosterone levels, and some steroids.

Not trying to hijack the thread with Chris Benoit but obviously the guy wasn't right in the head. Guy had some sort of brain trauma for doing what he did.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
Be that as it may, what other motive is there as to why he deiced to kill his own family and himself? Dementia? No alcohol, I don't think. I think the autopsy report showed a mixture of pain killers, elevated testosterone levels, and some steroids.

Not trying to hijack the thread with Chris Benoit but obviously the guy wasn't right in the head. Guy had some sort of brain trauma for doing what he did.

There is a reason, but I don't think the Alzheimer's comparison is it.
Additionally, I don't think it was limited to one motive; I suspect there were multiple issues at play there.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 01:14:14 AM »

you're right bud, surely it would have effected his daily functions and his ring performances would have been very badly effected.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 02:37:37 AM »
Listen to Jericho's podcast with Chavo, some very interesting Benoit stories, talks about text's going back and forth from Chavo/Chris the weekend of the tragedy...

Back to this thread.....raw in Chicago 2 nights ago..Punk not there...I think it is obvious, Punk ain't coming back for WM

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:54 AM »
Listen to Jericho's podcast with Chavo, some very interesting Benoit stories, talks about text's going back and forth from Chavo/Chris the weekend of the tragedy...

Back to this thread.....raw in Chicago 2 nights ago..Punk not there...I think it is obvious, Punk ain't coming back for WM

I agree.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »

There is a reason, but I don't think the Alzheimer's comparison is it.
Additionally, I don't think it was limited to one motive; I suspect there were multiple issues at play there.
The reason is simple but everyone is in denial. Hes a murderer.  People kill everyday but that doesn't mean that these people are suffering from dimentia. But because its Benoit and "hes such a nice guy and hes quiet" everyone's making excuses.