Author Topic: New Snowden interview, media blackout  (Read 13581 times)

agenda21nwo

Re: New Snowden interview, media blackout
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »
Some people out there like to make a mark and change it.

Groinks goal in life is to take low quality pictures of his muscles and post them on getbig.  AS long as his steroid supply is left alone, he is happy.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2014, 09:12:15 PM »
Groinks goal in life is to take low quality pictures of his muscles and post them on getbig.  AS long as his steroid supply is left alone, he is happy.

And apparently yours is to whine about me

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »
I  Agree 100%

Heres my thing...no wiseass...what can anyone do about it ?

Vote Republican ?  LOLOLOL.

No... vote for NONE of those fuckers. Vote outside of the big two... shake it up.

I don't have it in me to just throw my hands up... can't help it.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
No... vote for NONE of those fuckers. Vote outside of the big two... shake it up.

And support people who speak out so the big two are FORCED to change.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »

Exactly. Don't vote for the big 2

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
The chance for people to again rule themselves, given they've ever pulled of such a feat, is slim.
Forging your destiny requires to know who you are, your concerns, obligations to yourself and others + have wit & guts.
I kinda agree with Schnauzer that the US is made out to be the bogey man when there's so many islamic shitholes all over the world(soon including parts of Europe) where you get stomped if you jump out of the line.

On the other hand the US has been slowly captured and its virtues and raw power misused and misguided against its own citizens and many others all over the globe.

World Wars, Solipsism and Internationalism have destroyed much of the west.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
And a couple of realists.

You may as well complain about gravity...or racism.

Accept the world you live in and make the best of it.

"stay the course, do as your told, don't make waves, make the best of things"....the words of people who contribute nothing to the evolution of humanity.   But to each their own.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2014, 10:41:06 AM »
The chance for people to again rule themselves, given they've ever pulled of such a feat, is slim.
Forging your destiny requires to know who you are, your concerns, obligations to yourself and others + have wit & guts.
I kinda agree with Schnauzer that the US is made out to be the bogey man when there's so many islamic shitholes all over the world(soon including parts of Europe) where you get stomped if you jump out of the line.

On the other hand the US has been slowly captured and its virtues and raw power misused and misguided against its own citizens and many others all over the globe.

World Wars, Solipsism and Internationalism have destroyed much of the west.

Oh I agree with him that we are not nearly as bad as others make out... BUT, it has been steadily going backwards against the constitution and the citizens just dont care, or say "well were still the best!".... If we don't start trying to guide ourselves back on track, we'll be on the road to totalitarianism soon enough.

Giovanni1443

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
Edward Snowden is a hero some Americans are so brainwashed there is no point in debating with them !

FLUORIDE !

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2014, 01:58:52 PM »
Edward Snowden is a hero some Americans are so brainwashed there is no point in debating with them !

FLUORIDE !

Yep the media and the idea of chauvinism has really got ahold of their brains.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
I have to agree... As pro military as I am.... I'm more pro-constitution... and while I believe there are certain things the public doesnt need to know... the US Gov has been out of control and we need more people like Snowden to help bring it back into equilibrium... the gov has no respect or fear of its citizens and is running rampant.

Unfortunatley I don't see balance coming.. the Gov is too good at manipulating the citizens.

Yes, I can't see how anyone could think a guy that outed such massive government crimes could be a traitor.

He deserves a fucking award.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:55 PM »
Yes, I can't see how anyone could think a guy that outed such massive government crimes could be a traitor.

What "massive crimes"? People here keep repeating the same platitudes ad nauseum with no facts.

December 27, 2013 - A federal judge ruled on Friday that the National Security Agency's bulk collection of millions of Americans' telephone and Internet records is legal and a critical component of the country's effort to combat the threat of terrorism.

In the 54-page opinion issued in New York, U.S. District Judge William Pauley said the sweeping program "represents the government's counter-punch" to eliminate al-Qaeda's terror network by connecting fragmented and fleeting communications.

"There is no evidence that the Government has used any of the bulk telephony metadata it collected for any purpose other than investigating and disrupting terrorist attacks," he wrote.

The judge further maintained that the program, which sucks up vast amounts of data, is subject to executive and congressional oversight as well as monitoring by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/27/new-york-nsa-phone-surveillance/4219055/  

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »

Because they are told by the media to think this way. Thats how powerful they are.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »
What "massive crimes"? People here keep repeating the same platitudes ad nauseum with no facts.

December 27, 2013 - A federal judge ruled on Friday that the National Security Agency's bulk collection of millions of Americans' telephone and Internet records is legal and a critical component of the country's effort to combat the threat of terrorism.
In the 54-page opinion issued in New York, U.S. District Judge William Pauley said the sweeping program "represents the government's counter-punch" to eliminate al-Qaeda's terror network by connecting fragmented and fleeting communications.

"There is no evidence that the Government has used any of the bulk telephony metadata it collected for any purpose other than investigating and disrupting terrorist attacks," he wrote.

The judge further maintained that the program, which sucks up vast amounts of data, is subject to executive and congressional oversight as well as monitoring by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/27/new-york-nsa-phone-surveillance/4219055/  

His leaks revealed much more than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »

Again, no facts, but a Wiki on the definition of the 4th Amendment. In September 2013 Judge Claire Eagan issued an opinion on NSA surveillance:

Judge Eagan’s legal analysis starts with a Fourth Amendment discussion that, while entirely unsurprising to anyone with any kind of background in modern Fourth Amendment law, will probably surprise some people who have loudly denounced NSA’s activity. Many critics of NSA’s programs casually throw around the allegation that this sort of collection implicates—or shreds—the Fourth Amendment. But Judge Eagan clearly regards Section 215 as not presenting a close question under the law. The Fourth Amendment does not bar the government’s proposed collection of telephony metadata, she writes, because the production “is squarely controlled by” Smith v. Maryland, in which the Supreme Court held that it was not a search for the government to install a pen register on telephone company equipment to capture non-content data concerning telephone calls. An individual has no legitimate expectation of privacy with respect to telephone numbers he dialed and thereby conveyed to the company, the Supreme Court concluded in Smith. Judge Eagan concludes that if metadata does not implicate an individual’s Fourth Amendment privacy interest in his telephony metadata, neither does the bulk collection of metadata about numerous persons. She writes, “where one individual does not have a Fourth Amendment interest, grouping together a large number of similarly-situated individuals cannot result in a Fourth Amendment interest springing into existence ex nihilo.”

http://www.lawfareblog.com/2013/09/congress-has-no-clothes-a-quick-and-dirty-summary-of-the-new-fisc-opinion/#.Uu7FwPldXh4

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »

January 29, 2014 - WASHINGTON (AP) — Two congressmen say a classified Pentagon report on former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden says most of the documents he took concerned current military operations.

House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., and ranking Democrat C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland say Snowden tipped off U.S. enemies to spying methods used to defend the country, and potentially jeopardized U.S. troops overseas.

They say the classified report by the Defense Intelligence Agency found that Snowden stole approximately 1.7 million intelligence files that “concern vital operations of the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/09/lawmakers_snowdens_leaks_may_endanger_us_troops/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
His leaks weren't limited to telephone meta data. Although lots of people would still argue that that's still a clear violation of the Constitution. It's convenient how they can reinterpret to infringe on our rights, we've s3en that happen a lot with the Second Ammendment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/01/03/the-three-types-of-nsa-snooping-that-edward-snowden-revealed/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
"Edward Snowden Is a Patriot": Ex-NSA CIA, FBI and Justice Whistleblowers Meet Leaker in Moscow

The Sam Adams Associates Integrity and Intelligence Award is given each year by a group of retired CIA officers. It is given to an individual who takes a stand against abuse of information gathering. Many of the award’s past recipients have been whistleblowers — in fact, the award itself is named after Vietnam whistleblower Samuel A. Adams. Wikileak’s Julian Assange received the award in 2010.

http://benswann.com/ed-snowden-emerges-from-hiding-to-receive-award-father-lon-snowden-makes-trip-to-russia/

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »
He should join Getbig to make some knuckleheads aware of the fact that they life in a police state.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »
He should join Getbig to make some knuckleheads aware of the fact that they life in a police state.

Only a knucklehead would think the US is a "police state"  ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »

Not a matter of thinking, conditioned good citizen..

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »

lol

agenda21nwo

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2014, 04:32:16 AM »
Schnauzer, wipe your boss's cum of your shirt, and don't rush home, because the next door neighbor is fucking your wife.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2014, 06:48:31 AM »
How can he be acused of treason if he told the truth to the american people. Who did he betrayed? Certainlly not americans.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »
How can he be acused of treason if he told the truth to the american people. Who did he betrayed? Certainlly not americans.

exactly