Author Topic: Philip Seymour Hoffman just died  (Read 12076 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman just died
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2014, 04:23:13 AM »
Who is defending his heroin use? Making sense of something is not defending it.
The man was using heroin, overdosed and died... what's to defend about that?
The only thing I defend is his talent as an actor. He was truly one of the greats.
And yes, it is tragic, ...a tragic waste of talent & potential. A husband, lover, father, actor is dead...
...because of an addiction to heroin! That is a tragic loss to his family, his loved ones, and the artistic community.

Fortress was right...your endless bullshit about how "amazing" he was...

Of course, you and you alone have the "insight into the craft"  (oh, brother    ::)     )

I had said that I could see it as tragic for his kids...but of course you want to include "the artistic community"  (that is the gayest thing I've heard in a while)

How did PSH feel about magic gas pills?
K

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2014, 04:29:19 AM »
PSH looked 20 years older than he was.  Some people just do not age well.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
fuck him he died because of his drug abuse
T

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2014, 06:48:49 AM »
without personally knowing clinically about what makes a person turn to drugs and not having any experience in it ( i have never drank or smoked much less anything else) while he was of course greatly talented, while NOT trying to be judgemental of him,... it's hard to fathom how someone like him who 1) was rich 2) doing what he loved which most of the public doesn't have AND able to work in a business that 95 % of people in this world who try to become just working actors much less well known or even greater superstars fail at 3) had fame and appreciation 4) had a woman and young kids with love in his life and STILL STILL NEED DRUGS TO FEEL SOMETHING?... is it sad and pathetic? crazy and ridiculous? or what... only 46 years old....

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
Homicide by overdose. Iluminati did it. I feel sad for his family.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
PSH looked 20 years older than he was.  Some people just do not age well.

the hardcore drugs didn't help

you'd think a persons vanity would prevent them from using

E
E

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
From today's NYT;

"... According to the New York Daily News, Hoffman was discovered with a syringe in his arm and reportedly nearly 50 bags of heroin were found throughout his home..."

Sounds like he was planning to cut before the 2014 Oscars.
a

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
I feel nothing.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:58 PM »
drugs are fantastic but too bad only a few can handle it.

buttt heroine i would never do.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
Hollywood is filled with homosexuals that live a very risky life...If they let strange men stick their filthy kawks up their ass, then shit like Heroin probably seems like a cake walk...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2014, 03:47:39 PM »
i don't give a shit about drug addicts who think they know it all

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »

my condolences.

Eat in Peace PSH

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2014, 04:26:21 PM »

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
Found with a hypodermic needle still in his arm on Sunday morning, an insider reveals exclusively to RadarOnline.com just how bad Hoffman’s drug habit had escalated — spending upwards of $10,000 per month on heroin and using the prescription drug, Oxycontin.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-heroin-10-thousand-per-month-oxycontin-habit/

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »
He was intent on destroying himself. He did, and then some. Give him an Oscar. Excellent performance.  ::)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2014, 07:09:10 AM »
Hollywood is filled with homosexuals that live a very risky life...If they let strange men stick their filthy kawks up their ass, then shit like Heroin probably seems like a cake walk...

And this one was gay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552207/I-Philip-Seymour-Hoffmans-gay-lover-I-saw-freebasing-cocaine-night-died-says-Manhattan-writer-star-body.html

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:13 AM »
http://thewallstreetexecutive.tumblr.com/post/75622226233/do-you-think-the-mass-media-would-have-the-same

Do you think the mass media would have the same glowing, heart warming reaction if Philip Seymour Hoffman was an unknown poor inner city minority kid who died of a drug overdose with 70 bags of heroin in his apartment?

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:11 AM »
http://thewallstreetexecutive.tumblr.com/post/75622226233/do-you-think-the-mass-media-would-have-the-same

Do you think the mass media would have the same glowing, heart warming reaction if Philip Seymour Hoffman was an unknown poor inner city minority kid who died of a drug overdose with 70 bags of heroin in his apartment?

of course not..

and the "artistic community" (oh, brother  ::)  ) that Judi/24KT/Samon the convict says is saddened by PSH's death wouldn't give a shit either
K

whitewidow

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2014, 03:54:27 AM »
I didn't know who everyone was talking about this morning until I put a face to his name. That sucks!

Heroin, man... fucking opiates. They're so powerful. He could probably score real good H no problem, but that's the inherent problem. Could have been a super potent does. I don't know if he's fucking around with Fentanyl and all those other crazy opiates. Those are all some serious ass drugs. One dose and I'd be on my ass.

Lets hope people take a positive message away from this. No one's invincible. Opiates ruin lives and if someone's facing addiction or knows someone facing it, they should seriously consider professional help.

The heroin was cutt with fentnyl. Phillip Seymour Hoffman has been a on and off heroin user for years ,he just recently got out of a 10 day detox program. he died in a bothroom with a needle in his arm when he had a bottle of subutex in the same bathroom. Subutex is a miracle drug when soming off of heroin and other strong opiates. Subutex is a opioid antagonist that latches onto that same receptor heroin and other opiates latch onto. That Subutex could of save his life!

whitewidow

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »
Phillip Seymour Hoffman turned his 10,000$ Apartment in NY into a shooting gallery. The drug that could of saved his life and is like gold was right in the bathroom he died in. I have been on subutex for 3 weeks and the stuff is amazing!

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:35 AM »
Phillip Seymour Hoffman turned his 10,000$ Apartment in NY into a shooting gallery. The drug that could of saved his life and is like gold was right in the bathroom he died in. I have been on subutex for 3 weeks and the stuff is amazing!

What is subutex?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »

Shit like this from the media pisses me off. It was the same recently in the UK during the trial of Nigella Lawson's former housekeepers that Nigella had been snorting coke for years. The media downplayed it big-time and continued to laud her as a "national treasure".

Yet when a guy with a little bit of muscle dies the media scream "steroids" and they get vilified like they were a pedophile or something.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2014, 08:34:11 AM »
No, I am not kidding. Acting isn't some big deal. The "craft", as you say (oh, brother), is one of the least impressive artistic talents; if not THE least impressive.

And as far as this Hoffman guy, well, I see him in every role he has ever done.

The big sham has been exposed, as I say. Acting is not much of a talent.

Put it this way. There are much more talented people walking the streets of any city on any given day, anywhere, than all these glorified "artists" known as actors.

What a racket it all is. Huge awards shows to "honour" a bunch of people who took the whole drama class schtick too far after high school. Believing in the whole "craft" nonsense.

I love movies. But the true talent is ALWAYS behind the camera, not in front of it.  

This!

LOL @ everyone saying how incredibly talented this man was. He was an actor, not a composer of classical symphonies or something.  :D

His portrayal of Capote wasn't even the best portrayal of the author that I've seen. That award I would give to Toby Jones.

I feel bad for the guy that he died, but his death was hardly an accident either. Everyone knows what the consequences of heroin abuse are. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »
acting = saying lines without laughing.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »
Love the fact that a thousand no name junkies OD in NYC all the time and now one big name junkie OD's and the cops and politicians are all "This heroin is terrible! We must arrest all heroin dealers!"

a