Author Topic: Philip Seymour Hoffman just died  (Read 12080 times)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman just died
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2014, 08:47:33 AM »
Love the fact that a thousand no name junkies OD in NYC all the time and now one big name junkie OD's and the cops and politicians are all "This heroin is terrible! We must arrest all heroin dealers!"

exactly...

for all its sanctimonious clamoring for "equality," the left sure does worship celebrities
K

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »
He was intent on destroying himself. He did, and then some. Give him an Oscar. Excellent performance.  ::)
you've got all the answers......don't you? ::) you talk like you knew the guy.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
you've got all the answers......don't you? ::) you talk like you knew the guy.

Sure do, chief.

Wild Willie ... oh, brother.  ::)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
Love Lisa was a great movie of his where he played a dude that started sniffing gasoline after his girlfriend took suicide... excellent actor. RIP
MIRAGETROPIN

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2014, 04:21:45 PM »
Sure do, chief.

Wild Willie ... oh, brother.  ::)

:D
K

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »
Love the fact that a thousand no name junkies OD in NYC all the time and now one big name junkie OD's and the cops and politicians are all "This heroin is terrible! We must arrest all heroin dealers!"

my thoughts exactly. All over the nation people of varying classes are ODing every day, every week, and some rich actor who just came back a 10 day detox, dies. Now, "it's time to get serious"? Please. This dude had millions to go into the best rehab and detox facilities. Does the average junkie have that?
The rich (and powerful) will do what the rich will do. Personal responsibility is not their priority, but when they slip up, then "something must be done."

whitewidow

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
my thoughts exactly. All over the nation people of varying classes are ODing every day, every week, and some rich actor who just came back a 10 day detox, dies. Now, "it's time to get serious"? Please. This dude had millions to go into the best rehab and detox facilities. Does the average junkie have that?
The rich (and powerful) will do what the rich will do. Personal responsibility is not their priority, but when they slip up, then "something must be done."

That is a little odd,tons of musicians and actors have overdosed and no LE ever gave a shit, then this happens and they arrest people i don't even think sold him the drugs. The drugs that were found had a diffrent stamp although brand change everyday as alot of heroin gets sold in NY. It is true heroin is on a major comeback. cocaine and crack are dying down a bit. NY does have a serious Heroin problem though. Tons of heroin mills bagging up and stamping heroin 24/7.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2022, 07:02:11 AM »
Matt reminded me about this thread, in which we celebrate the stunning heroin-overdose-death performance by some chubster actor.

“The craft”

Oh, brother.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2022, 10:46:21 AM »

sup bro

you still selling magazines door to door?

hows your corolla running?

you get it all fixed up?

does jay still have wrinkles in his back?

where have you been?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2022, 11:49:47 AM »
Matt reminded me about this thread, in which we celebrate the stunning heroin-overdose-death performance by some chubster actor.

“The craft”

Oh, brother.

Fortress - your comments in this thread were so great I shared it with several friends.

It makes me wonder if David Spade may have copied you for his 2014 comedy special, that came out slightly after your comments here.

You can search for "David Spade acting is easy" on YouTube, or start watching from 13:10 here, because this video has better audio:

LOL!

I never thought much of actors, but wow - you said it. As did David Spade there.

Now I just can't escape the thought that acting is a sham.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2022, 12:04:38 PM »

Is Philip Seymour Hoffman still dead?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »

Is Philip Seymour Hoffman still dead?

Yes, but:

Supposedly, he went from 1989 to 2012 without heroin until he started again.

And he started again with a $35M net worth. It's just sad.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2022, 12:16:02 PM »
Fortress - your comments in this thread were so great I shared it with several friends.

It makes me wonder if David Spade may have copied you for his 2014 comedy special, that came out slightly after your comments here.

You can search for "David Spade acting is easy" on YouTube, or start watching from 13:10 here, because this video has better audio:

LOL!

I never thought much of actors, but wow - you said it. As did David Spade there.

Now I just can't escape the thought that acting is a sham.

Thanks again.

The “great talent” myth that is acting has been pushed so hard and for so long most don’t even consider the plain-as-day evidence to the contrary.

Now, writers, cinematographers, editors, directors, costume and set designers, lighting technicians, etc?

At a professional level, THESE folks require talent, along with plenty of training and/or experience.

There have been Oscar winners for Best Actress, etc. who hadn’t ever so much as considered taking part in a school production when they were children.