Author Topic: i am sick with bodybuilding  (Read 7059 times)

ironrocks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
i am sick with bodybuilding
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:44:42 AM »
man im bodybuilding for the last three years.im not thinking of becoming a pro or anything like that.im a final year medical student but im over obssessed with bodybuilding.im thinking 24 hrs about bbing.also my college contest is three months away,i feel depressed but cannt stop thinking.i have quit smoking four months back.im now going to cutt but during cutting im afraid ill again start smoking.any suggestions because a lot of u r also obssesssed with bbing.

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: i am sick with bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:20 AM »
all part of the sport my friend

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:11:32 AM »
i think you need to give yourself a break from time to time and think long term. bodybuilding is something you can do for life, but exams is probably just this time in your life or maybe for the next few years depending on where you at... quitting smoking is a wise decision gotta stay with that no matter what i think.
maybe you can cut back and just maintain what you got, that doesnt require as big commitment, you dont need to be at the gym as much, hit it as hard, eat as much or clean... (there's also plenty of programs that are based around being in the gym just 2-3 times a week, less exercises and sets now might be a good idea to try one of them) and then when you get more time you can pick up the pace a little more...
thinking long term is the key here.
Z

Bigmal10

• Getbig I
  • Holding my own with Gus
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
Dude I feel you. I was the same way especially after i took home a deserving 2nd at my first show last may. I didnt take a day off. The day after I lost I graduated from Morehouse College and trained the same day. Up until it damn near comsumed me. I had a talk with a couple of pros who told me that bodybuilding will be here and to just take a break. I thought they were crazy but after reassessing the situation (they were pros and im not) i took there advise and it was the best thing that could have happend to me. But we are all different. And you are soo cool for going to med school. 
Be massive

AlexFolino`

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 08:43:16 PM »
Many smokers i have known told me that if you can stop smoking for 2 days, you can stop smoking forever.  Keep working hard bro, it will come!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 09:02:58 PM »
man im bodybuilding for the last three years.im not thinking of becoming a pro or anything like that.im a final year medical student but im over obssessed with bodybuilding.im thinking 24 hrs about bbing.also my college contest is three months away,i feel depressed but cannt stop thinking.i have quit smoking four months back.im now going to cutt but during cutting im afraid ill again start smoking.any suggestions because a lot of u r also obssesssed with bbing.
I feel you bro, it consumes me too, almost to the point to where it gets on my nerves. But like I've said a million times on this board, your addiction is a better placed one then the ones 99% of the rest have.

Congrats on kicking the cancer sticks...stay strong! If your obsession with BB is as big as you claim, I don't think you'll pick them up again...you are smart enough to know that it would be detrimental to your BB goals, and not to mention your overall health.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 10:15:11 PM »
your a doctor (almost) and a smoker?  weird
Valhalla awaits.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 12:49:25 PM »
be strong and don't b so hard on yourself! u can stop if you really want to. hell, i gave up drinking alomst 11 years ago! be tough! >:(

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 11:16:43 PM »
Once you're an intern and working 90 hrs a week smoking and training will be the last thing on your mind!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 12:41:17 AM »
He can barely form complete sentences. Does anyone really think he's in medical school?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »
One thing that I have noticed over the years that most bodybuilders have in common is that they tend to be a bit obsessive compulsive.  I may be wrong on this but I believe that someone who has an addictive personality tends to be pretty "dedicataed" to working out, eating, taking supplimentss, steroids (if they have chose to go that route), ect.  I too smoked for many years yet was very strict when it came to eating right and working out. 

Its easier said than done but I would definatly suggest to focus on your education for the time being.  If you are in med school your future is likely to be much more successful than you could ever be in bodybuilding even if you were to become a top pro (obviously).  Good luck bro. 

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 06:11:26 PM »
I got a solution for ya ....QUIT !!!!! working out ... :o

ironrocks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 09:29:03 PM »
im trying to get myself out of this obssession but not thinking to quit.

ironrocks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »
He can barely form complete sentences. Does anyone really think he's in medical school?  ::)
man im not american and also english is not my mother tongue.many doctors from south asia also have poor english when they  come to america.really.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 09:39:39 PM »
why better your body with bodybuilding then smoke that doesn't make sense ???

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 12:19:07 PM »

Doc, I would recomend 5 mg. lorazepam Q.I.D.  and 10mg oxycodone prn.  That should do it.  And you can send me the same as a consultant. ;)
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »
Jay Cutler used bodybuilding and weights during school just to take his mind off of things..

Bodybuilding wasn't everything to him at that point, but that's what peaked his love..

Of course weights will always be there but have some balance in your life, the gyms there to help... you should still be able to train and focus in on school, just dont kill yourself trying to become the next Pro if your really looking to do your best with school

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:03 PM »
I agree with the above post. Focusing on school is most important. Take me, I took a year off after high school, I worked a crappy job maybe 3 days week and ate and slept bodybuilding. I took that bodybuilding mentality into school though once I finally went. My main focus now is school no matter what. Bodybuilding will always be there, I'm more concerned about having a REAL job though. I mean sure, we all probably have that dream of competing but seriously, you probably have a better chance of getting into a plane crash...twice.

School makes your life, and though bodybuilding may help it your nothing without school. These days its pretty safe to say you dont get anywhere without school. You going into the medical field is pretty cool man. After I'm done I'm actually thinking about coming back in a few years to get my masters and one day, one day (prays), if I have enough dedication and drive in years, is to go further and possibly break into the medical field myself.

Focus on school man, and good luck.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 02:43:24 PM »
good info.
bodybuildersreality.com