Author Topic: Why is Vince Taylor coming back?  (Read 10927 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Why is Vince Taylor coming back?
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:58:10 AM »
He's looked hige in recent pics from the last year.  He hasn't competed in what, 5+ years? He was at his peak in the early 90s.   Why the comeback?   I'm as happy an anyone else to see him onstage again, but I'm just wondering what new supplement or clothing line will coincidentally come out in FLEX that month...  ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Why is Vince Taylor coming back?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 09:12:52 AM »
He's looked hige in recent pics from the last year.  He hasn't competed in what, 5+ years? He was at his peak in the early 90s.   Why the comeback?   I'm as happy an anyone else to see him onstage again, but I'm just wondering what new supplement or clothing line will coincidentally come out in FLEX that month...  ::)

maybe a new edition of Geritol    :)

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:39:34 AM »
I think it would be cool...  Vince was one of the all-time winningest pros with 21 IFBB pro victories.  And he actually started his pro career relatively late in life--he won the overall at the 1988 NPC Nationals at age 32 and made his pro debut the following year.

Now he's 49. :o  I just think it would be cool to see an older guy mix it up with the young bucks.  But you have to wonder how he would do, realistically.  But in any case it would be great to see him competing again because he's practically a bodybuilding legend.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »
anyone got any pics

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »
He is coming back because relatively speaking the man has genetics probably second only to God himself.

He can easily place ahead of  Bob, Shari, and the rest of the lower rung bodybuilders.   I don't see him beating any of the top tier pros like Dexter, Jay, Gustavo, Chris, Ronnie, though.   If he comes back in top condition and not pull a Lou come-back, he could be battling for placings with Melvin, Vic, Lee and Warren/Jackson.

He has the potential to make some money, though like you  I suspect it is just establishing name recognition for sponsorship purposes.   Overall, everytime I met him he was a very pleasant guy to be around and chat with.

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:39:35 PM »
maybe he misses bodybuilding and jsut wants to come back

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »
I remember when Vince competed in the Masters O.

That seemed like a healthy alternative to the regular bodybuilding scene.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 02:41:25 PM »
picts?

Google.

Here, I'll even get you started.  Ignore the guy in the first pic, that's a different Vince Taylor. :D

http://images.google.com/images?q=vince+taylor&hl=en

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »
I always thought Vince had a pretty good physique which wasn't the biggest, but one of the more realistic.

Good luck, Vince.

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 03:16:17 PM »
he needs the money  :P
pain day

GMCtrk

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 03:17:10 PM »
Go eye patch!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 03:20:46 PM »
aaaarrrrrgghhhhhhhh!!!!!
Flower Boy Ran Away

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »
The guy never stops amazing me he's gotta be like 45 and competeing since about 1981 (when i was born!) He still looks great and seemingly healthy a true acheivement in todays bodybuilding.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »
The guy never stops amazing me he's gotta be like 45 and competeing since about 1981 (when i was born!) He still looks great and seemingly healthy a true acheivement in todays bodybuilding.

I think it would be cool...  Vince was one of the all-time winningest pros with 21 IFBB pro victories.  And he actually started his pro career relatively late in life--he won the overall at the 1988 NPC Nationals at age 32 and made his pro debut the following year.

Now he's 49. :o  I just think it would be cool to see an older guy mix it up with the young bucks.  But you have to wonder how he would do, realistically.  But in any case it would be great to see him competing again because he's practically a bodybuilding legend.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »
vinces pre contest diet-red meat and coca cola,talk about a great metabolism
R

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »
He has the best calves I ever saw on a black man.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

I agree....

I'd like to see him compete again

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
I saw Vince Taylor at the 1991 Mr. Olympia where he placed third.  Personally, he was the best conditioned athlete in the show.  The man has the smallest joints I have ever seen on a BB and a huge amount of muscle.  I also spoke with him a few times and hung out with him at a bar once.  Nicest, most humble dude you ever met.  Used to live in Ft Lauderdale, but I don't know if that is still the case.  BTW, his woman back then was fine. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 09:05:30 PM »
I saw Vince Taylor at the 1991 Mr. Olympia where he placed third.  Personally, he was the best conditioned athlete in the show.  The man has the smallest joints I have ever seen on a BB and a huge amount of muscle.  I also spoke with him a few times and hung out with him at a bar once.  Nicest, most humble dude you ever met.  Used to live in Ft Lauderdale, but I don't know if that is still the case.  BTW, his woman back then was fine. ;D

in the bar- what was vince drinking?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
He seems like a bit of a showman, I'm sure he misses the glamour of the pageant

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »
He should get a sponsorship from coca cola.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:30 PM »
Vince is almost 50 years old.  No matter what he looked like 10 or 15 years ago, he'll be a shadow of his former self at this  point.  I don't know why athletes think they can beat father time... he always wins in the end.

Not only that...why, at his age, would he want to be fuccking around with the dosages of drugs it would take to get his elderly ass into contest shape? Didn't he learn anything from Don Youngblood's fate?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Fitfire

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 09:32:08 PM »
Taylor IS one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time.  A pleasant physique and great posing.  If he is coming back I wish him well.  And even if it is for money, so be it.  He probably STILL could demolish several of todays pro's.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 09:43:02 PM »
Taylor IS one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time.  A pleasant physique and great posing.  If he is coming back I wish him well.  And even if it is for money, so be it.  He probably STILL could demolish several of todays pro's.

If they still had a "best poser" award then Vince would have that locked up.  I remember his routine from the 1999 Masters Olympia, it was very powerful and dramatic and you could tell he put as much effort into his posing as he did into every other aspect of his contest preparation.

Remember the scene in Pumping Iron where Arnold was taking ballet lessons so he could pose more gracefully?  Bodybuilders used to give a shit about their onstage presentation.  That seems to be for the most part, a lost art nowadays.  For example, our reigning Mr. Olympia could display his physique so much more advantageously with just a little more attention to his posing skills.