Author Topic: The True Adonis-Daily Macro Nutrient Thread (I only count calories-the results)  (Read 12819 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

Simple Simon

a natural who grows into shows.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Simple Simon

Could you summarise its content, I dont have 30 minutes to waste.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Could you summarise its content, I dont have 30 minutes to waste.
Eat more to get leaner.  Start at about 20 minutes or before and Layne will give you pictures examples with macros of clients he has worked with-lifetime naturals- who may diet on around 2400 calories, only to raise the calories to 3000 or more to become leaner even, this raising their metabolic adaptation.  He has some examples for women as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Macros for yesterday which included a 14 ounce Sous Vide Denver Steak and Deep Fried Crispy Potatoes that I made.
2,379-Calories    275-Carbs    83-Fat    131-Protein Fiber-21

Simple Simon

Eat more to get leaner.  Start at about 20 minutes or before and Layne will give you pictures examples with macros of clients he has worked with-lifetime naturals- who may diet on around 2400 calories, only to raise the calories to 3000 or more to become leaner even, this raising their metabolic adaptation.  He has some examples for women as well.

He knows they are life time naturals because he spends every waking hour with them?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
He knows they are life time naturals because he spends every waking hour with them?
Yep.

Simple Simon

galeniko

• Getbig V
aha eat more to get leaner.

lol at metqabolic damage ,whats the precise definition of that?

is there something mnew on the block ive missedd?

what about the 1000s of debunking explanation about that damage?

no shit the body up and down regulates metabolism at times?really?who would have thought?

you mean, kinda like when asleep vs when doing cardio
n

Nomad

• Getbig IV

Pretty sure this whole "idea" of metabolic damage got owned into oblivion by Lyle McDonald.
all drugs - TPPIIP

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
Pretty sure this whole "idea" of metabolic damage got owned into oblivion by Lyle McDonald.

i heard that he and Layne have argued on facebook about it

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I saw that whole exchange and Lyle clearly lost that round.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Increasing metabolic rate is a real thing and there are many things that can enable one to do this.

I came across an interesting post the other day:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919536-get-your-metabolic-rate-tested-my-metabolic-reset-story?hl=metabolism+reset
Hi

From October through to January I decreased my calories by a couple of hundred and at the same time upped my exercise. I am 5 foot 2. I have been at scale goal weight since last August. Since then I have been recomposing, ie losing fat and centimeters. I retain muscle mass easily as I have the genetics for it.

I thought I was adequatly fueling my body eating between 1700 - 1950 calories for those 3 and a half months but I was in for a huge shock when I got my resting metabolic rate tested. It was just 875. My body was in semi-starvation (survivol mode) according the the exercise physiologist. That is why my metaboic rate lowered drastically because i was not fueling myself properly so it slows way down in order to survive.

Anyway thanks to the Eat more to Weight less group I was reading up about doing a metabolic reset. The exercise physiologist suggested eating 10 - 20% more than I was and gave me some great advice concerning exercise and nutrition. I decided to do my own little experiment. Since the 2nd of February I decided to eat more than my TDEE. I wanted to see just how much I could eat without gaining weight. So I started off eating mid 2500's and then most of the time for the past 5 weeks I have been eating mid to high 2000 calories !! In that time I have put on roughly half to 1 kg in weight I think. From August till end of January my weight was in the range of 57.5 - 59.5 kg and now its in the 58 - 59.7 range for the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday I had a retest of my resting metabolic rate. (RMR) it was 1497. Originally when i had it tested it was just 875 and the man said it should be around the 1350 mark. So I am absolutely thrilled that I have increased my RMR by over 600 calories !!! Wow I couldn't believe it. My body fat % is 22.5%. I'm working towards high teens perhaps 18 - 20% body fat. Also I'm above average in the general population for my age and height :D I'm more like in the athletic range for body composition now.

I am now in the process of trying to find my true TDEE. I have reduced my calories by a few hundred and depending on activity levels I am going to be eating between 2200 - 2700. I will experiment at this level for the next 6 weeks to see if I can stabilise at this range. I think I have pretty much stabilized right now but I will give it a good 6 weeks weeks eating at this amount.

I told the exercise physiologist I still want to cut. I want to lose more off my tummy area. I want a more defined tummy. He believes I can lose the fat eating 2200-2300 calories. I got some great tips in the Eat more to Weight less group and have decided that in 6 weeks time or once i am sure my weight has stablised when im figuring out my TDEE I will cut first down to 2,300 weekly average and see how I go losing at that for a month. Then if its too high an amount still I'll reduce down 100 calories till I hit my sweet spot. So out of all this it appears I do need to eat above the 2000 calorie mark to lose the fat and not f*** up my metabolic rate. It all depends on my exercise levels. If Im heaviily exercising I have to adequately fuel myself so that I'm not cutting any higher than 10 - 15% off my TDEE.

I highly recommend getting your RMR tested. If its plummeted you can fix it doing a metabolic reset eating at TDEE, you will put on a little bit of weight however once you stablize and are ready to diet again you will then be able to eat more when you go to lose the weight. It is also much more life sustainable.

Also another tip. According to katch mcardle my estimated rmr is just 1200 calories now if I went by that figure i would be 300 calories out. Also the TDEE is just an estimate too. According to TDEE it says I should maintain on 2100. Nope I can maintain on a lot higher than that. Its all just a starting point you really need to do your own experiment, track what you eat over a time period and see what amount works for you. ie what you can maintain on, what is your cutting sweet spot.

If you are new and just started your diet. If I were you for the next 6 weeks track all the foods you eat on your phone, and do your own little experiment to see what amount your true maintenance is before you even start cutting calories. So then 6 weeks later cut 10 or 20% off that amount to lose the weight at a healthy sustainable amount.

If you want help in how to do a metablic reset/eating more then join the Eat more to weight less. There is some awesome information there. Huge plug for this group! They have turned peoples lives around there!! Also check out the roadmap thread for some help too.

Any questions fire away!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Ive been semi-using adams method. ... I simply eyeball my calories and eat primarily chicken, fish, and lean beef steaks, brown rice and veggies. .. but I leave a couple hundred calories underneath my target for extra items like sugary sauces or the occasional desert.

I find its much easier to stay on a diet like this and also that I see no real difference in results by adding in a sugary/fatty treat now and then as long as im under my caloric limit.

I utilize this approach as well, except I've completely jettisoned the starchy carbs from my regular diet, no rice/pasta/bread or potatoes. I've found doing so gives one a lot more wiggle room when it comes to that piece of cake or bowl of ice cream

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/scientific-method-to-weight-loss-20110722-1hryb.html

Scientific method to weight loss

Date
    July 22, 2011

The room isn't much to look at. Small and plain, with a single bed, a chair, a tiny refrigerator, a sink and a toilet.

But the spartan appearance is deceiving.

This "metabolic chamber" at the UNC Nutrition Research Institute has cost almost $1 million to build and maintain. It's the newest and most sensitive of 17 such research tools in the world, according to Dr Steven Zeisel, the institute's director.

Institute scientists hope the chamber will help them unlock the secrets of human metabolism and provide answers for people who struggle to control their weight.

By monitoring volunteers who stay overnight in the 2.4-metre-by-3.4-metre space, researchers hope to identify foods, activity levels and genes that affect human metabolism. With that, they'll be able to prescribe customised diets and exercise plans that are more likely to work for specific people.

"Nowadays people jump around from diet to diet, and most of the time it doesn't work. Then they get discouraged and maybe just give up," said Karen Corbin, a dietitian and research fellow at the institute. "But once you know for sure what's going to work for someone, and they follow your recommendation and see a result, they're going to be more motivated to stick to it."

The nutrition institute is housed at the North Carolina Research Campus, a $US1.5 billion ($1.4 billion) biotechnology complex. The campus is a collaboration of eight North Carolina universities to promote research in the areas of health and nutrition

Collaboration among nutritionists, plant biologists and exercise scientists on the same campus enhances the research process, Corbin said.

"There is something to be said for having everybody here. It's easy to get together and talk and say 'Hey, I have this idea. What do you think?'"

Earlier this year, researchers from UNC and Appalachian State published results from the first study using the metabolic chamber. It found that 10 men who exercised vigorously for 45 minutes in the morning continued to burn calories over the next 14 hours.

Proof that an "after-burn" exists could motivate people to exercise intensely enough to get the added benefit, Corbin said.

Currently, the chamber is being used to study whether black pepper increases metabolism. If it does, look for the sponsoring spice company to tout weight-loss enhancing properties.

Institute researchers will work with other food companies and pharmaceutical manufacturers as they try to increase understanding of the role of diet and activity in normal brain development, cancer prevention and the treatment of obesity.

"Everyone's trying to develop products that help people lose weight," said Andrew Swick, director of obesity and eating disorders research at the institute.

"The ultimate goal is individualised nutrition," he said. "We'd love to be able to tell people, 'You're more likely to lose weight by exercising' or 'you're more likely to lose weight by eating this'. We'd like to be able to make recommendations individually based on somebody's genetics."

So far, about 50 volunteers have spent time in the metabolic chamber.

On a recent day, a 50-something woman sat inside the soundproof space, watching a movie on a laptop computer. In an outer room, a computer displayed measurements of the amount oxygen she had consumed, carbon dioxide emitted and calories burned.

She is one of 18 postmenopausal women being monitored for the pepper study. Animal studies suggest that black pepper increases metabolism. Anecdotally, people get hot when they eat pepper, which could mean they burn more calories. But this is the first human study of the hypothesis, Swick said.

Research subjects stay in the chamber for about 24 hours on two occasions, a week apart. During one stay, they eat food made with pepper. During the other stay, they eat food without pepper.

Although they eat the same foods, they get different amounts. "Some people burn less calories per pound [kilo]. Some people burn more calories per pound," Swick said. "We have to feed them an exact amount of calories based on their energy needs."

For example, one woman required 1550 calories while another needed 2150.

In the institute's "metabolic kitchen", cooks prepare food to order, with the exact number of calories, proteins, carbohydrates and fats prescribed by researchers.

Meals are delivered to the chamber in a pass-through between double doors that prevent air from escaping. Subjects must eat their meals at specific times and finish in a certain amount of time. They get up every hour to stretch, and they're not allowed to sleep, except at night-time, because that would decrease their metabolism and skew the study results.

At the end of the study, Swick said, "We'll find out whether black pepper increases metabolic rate or not ... We'll be able to detect less than a 100-calorie difference (per day)."

That's a small amount, but it adds up over time.

"If you overeat by 100 calories per day, you would gain 10 [4.54 kg] a year," Swick said. "If we can find three or four things that raise your calorie requirements and your energy expenditure by 50 to 100 calories (per day), that would be huge."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/scientific-method-to-weight-loss-20110722-1hryb.html#ixzz2ssLsHU7q

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Macros for yesterday which included a 14 ounce Sous Vide Denver Steak and Deep Fried Crispy Potatoes that I made.
2,379-Calories    275-Carbs    83-Fat    131-Protein Fiber-21

Fuck! I love the way you name your food. Makes it sound so down appetizing. With me it's always chicken/rice, beef/potatoes, fish/pasta. It's only when I eat out that I get to have fancy name food and it's more like: Jumbo Jack, Bacon Western Cheeseburger, Big Mac...

Seriously, I want to be your best friend.

pellius

• Getbig V
BTW, don't think I don't go crazy sometimes. Because it's Sunday I had six fried eggs and bread and in the last minute I just said "fuck it" and left in all the yokes. That's right. ALL the yokes. Made it nice and runny so I could dip my bread in it.

Living large in Hawaii.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Increasing metabolic rate is a real thing and there are many things that can enable one to do this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/919536-get-your-metabolic-rate-tested-my-metabolic-reset-story?hl=metabolism+reset
Hi

From October through to January I decreased my calories by a couple of hundred and at the same time upped my exercise. I am 5 foot 2. I have been at scale goal weight since last August. Since then I have been recomposing, ie losing fat and centimeters. I retain muscle mass easily as I have the genetics for it.

I thought I was adequatly fueling my body eating between 1700 - 1950 calories for those 3 and a half months but I was in for a huge shock when I got my resting metabolic rate tested. It was just 875. My body was in semi-starvation (survivol mode) according the the exercise physiologist. That is why my metaboic rate lowered drastically because i was not fueling myself properly so it slows way down in order to survive.

Anyway thanks to the Eat more to Weight less group I was reading up about doing a metabolic reset. The exercise physiologist suggested eating 10 - 20% more than I was and gave me some great advice concerning exercise and nutrition. I decided to do my own little experiment. Since the 2nd of February I decided to eat more than my TDEE. I wanted to see just how much I could eat without gaining weight. So I started off eating mid 2500's and then most of the time for the past 5 weeks I have been eating mid to high 2000 calories !! In that time I have put on roughly half to 1 kg in weight I think. From August till end of January my weight was in the range of 57.5 - 59.5 kg and now its in the 58 - 59.7 range for the last couple of weeks.

Yesterday I had a retest of my resting metabolic rate. (RMR) it was 1497. Originally when i had it tested it was just 875 and the man said it should be around the 1350 mark. So I am absolutely thrilled that I have increased my RMR by over 600 calories !!! Wow I couldn't believe it. My body fat % is 22.5%. I'm working towards high teens perhaps 18 - 20% body fat. Also I'm above average in the general population for my age and height :D I'm more like in the athletic range for body composition now.

I am now in the process of trying to find my true TDEE. I have reduced my calories by a few hundred and depending on activity levels I am going to be eating between 2200 - 2700. I will experiment at this level for the next 6 weeks to see if I can stabilise at this range. I think I have pretty much stabilized right now but I will give it a good 6 weeks weeks eating at this amount.

I told the exercise physiologist I still want to cut. I want to lose more off my tummy area. I want a more defined tummy. He believes I can lose the fat eating 2200-2300 calories. I got some great tips in the Eat more to Weight less group and have decided that in 6 weeks time or once i am sure my weight has stablised when im figuring out my TDEE I will cut first down to 2,300 weekly average and see how I go losing at that for a month. Then if its too high an amount still I'll reduce down 100 calories till I hit my sweet spot. So out of all this it appears I do need to eat above the 2000 calorie mark to lose the fat and not f*** up my metabolic rate. It all depends on my exercise levels. If Im heaviily exercising I have to adequately fuel myself so that I'm not cutting any higher than 10 - 15% off my TDEE.

I highly recommend getting your RMR tested. If its plummeted you can fix it doing a metabolic reset eating at TDEE, you will put on a little bit of weight however once you stablize and are ready to diet again you will then be able to eat more when you go to lose the weight. It is also much more life sustainable.

Also another tip. According to katch mcardle my estimated rmr is just 1200 calories now if I went by that figure i would be 300 calories out. Also the TDEE is just an estimate too. According to TDEE it says I should maintain on 2100. Nope I can maintain on a lot higher than that. Its all just a starting point you really need to do your own experiment, track what you eat over a time period and see what amount works for you. ie what you can maintain on, what is your cutting sweet spot.

If you are new and just started your diet. If I were you for the next 6 weeks track all the foods you eat on your phone, and do your own little experiment to see what amount your true maintenance is before you even start cutting calories. So then 6 weeks later cut 10 or 20% off that amount to lose the weight at a healthy sustainable amount.

If you want help in how to do a metablic reset/eating more then join the Eat more to weight less. There is some awesome information there. Huge plug for this group! They have turned peoples lives around there!! Also check out the roadmap thread for some help too.

Any questions fire away!

blinding red isn't going to enhance this article one bit.

One / two personal cases? That is not enough to prove that metabolic damage exists...
all drugs - TPPIIP

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Adonis, you need to debate this man:

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
I feel like shit if I eat shit.

shitty nutrients = poor brain/body function.

fuck dis.

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
this is an optimal microwave meal.  tastes great and 20g protein
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Michael-Angelo-s-Meat-Lasagna-32-oz/19399838

Benjamin_pearson

• Getbig II
One born every minute.

You sir are a moron.... Try getting off TA's nuts.... Yu have been owned about thirty times in this thread

pellius

• Getbig V
You sir are a moron.... Try getting off TA's nuts.... Yu have been owned about thirty times in this thread

LOL. He gets owned in every thread where he picks a fight. He just doesn't catch on. Hence the "Simple".

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers

Hi

Any questions fire away!

Body fat 22% working towards 20% ::)