Author Topic: Blacks, politicians force Trader Joe’s out: would attract too many whites  (Read 2864 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
http://benswann.com/black-activitists-and-politicians-force-trader-joes-grocery-out-claim-it-would-attract-too-many-whites/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=nl
Black activists and politicians force Trader Joe’s grocery out: Claim it would attract too many whites

2 hours ago | Politics, US | Posted by Michael Lotfi

PORTLAND, Ore., February 7, 2014– According to local media outlet, The Oregonian (Highlighted by the Associated Press), African American activists and politicians forced the Trader Joe’s grocery chain to drop their plans for a new store in a predominately black community because the store would “increase the desirability of the neighborhood,” for “non-oppressed populations.”

Read more: http://benswann.com/black-activitists-and-politicians-force-trader-joes-grocery-out-claim-it-would-attract-too-many-whites/#ixzz2sgl7iP1R
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
I bet they want white and black drinking fountains too.  A pack of racists.  God forbid anybody tries to improve their neighborhood.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Lol.  Trader Joes doesnt sell purple drank  and menthols.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
communism and government addiction by crony communists on display

keep em down

dont allow freedom

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
OMG now they've really lost their freakin minds. Ugh!

They should be happy that Trader Joe's even wants to move in to their community.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Lol.  Trader Joes doesnt sell purple drank  and menthols.
Helping develop better eating habits
Hmmm, "no purple drank...what is this purple drink, acai berry?"

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

ROFL

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
http://benswann.com/black-activitists-and-politicians-force-trader-joes-grocery-out-claim-it-would-attract-too-many-whites/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=nl
Black activists and politicians force Trader Joe’s grocery out: Claim it would attract too many whites

2 hours ago | Politics, US | Posted by Michael Lotfi

PORTLAND, Ore., February 7, 2014– According to local media outlet, The Oregonian (Highlighted by the Associated Press), African American activists and politicians forced the Trader Joe’s grocery chain to drop their plans for a new store in a predominately black community because the store would “increase the desirability of the neighborhood,” for “non-oppressed populations.”

Read more: http://benswann.com/black-activitists-and-politicians-force-trader-joes-grocery-out-claim-it-would-attract-too-many-whites/#ixzz2sgl7iP1R
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

Sounds like there's a need for new black leaders......pretty stupid
A

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
As a guy living in Portland...the only good parts of this city are parts where 'whites' (lol, ridiculous, of course it's whites doing the gentrification in portland...there are hardly any minorities here and never have been) gentrified and pushed the ghetto out. The rest of the city is a piece of shit.

NAACP just wants everybody to be ghetto. It's equal that way.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
As a guy living in Portland...the only good parts of this city are parts where 'whites' (lol, ridiculous, of course it's whites doing the gentrification in portland...there are hardly any minorities here and never have been) gentrified and pushed the ghetto out. The rest of the city is a piece of shit.

NAACP just wants everybody to be ghetto. It's equal that way.

I remember as a kid MLK blvd was all black, now white folk moved in and pushed the black folk elsewhere.

Not that I care for the hippy whites that shop at trader Joes but what a ridiculous story. So many parts of Portland is shit and we all know why.  :-X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Blacks, politicians force Trader Joe’s out: would attract too many whites
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
I remember as a kid MLK blvd was all black, now white folk moved in and pushed the black folk elsewhere.

Not that I care for the hippy whites that shop at trader Joes but what a ridiculous story. So many parts of Portland is shit and we all know why.  :-X

This is at the core of the problem here. Gentrification has raised the cost of housing and services in what was once a black ghetto. Now blacks and some other minorities feel deposed to outer South and North East Portland where housing is less expensive. Another issue is that Trader Joe's was offered a sweet deal on the land and some African American business people are resentful that they are not afforded the same advantages when setting up businesses.

But hey, what do I know? I live in a part of the Metro area where African Americans are less then 1% of the population and those who do live here are Blazer's teammates living in mansions that are out of my price range.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »
How can you be equal if you insist on acting inferior?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
How can you be equal if you insist on acting inferior?

It's a circular problem. They act inferior and blame the white man. Zero accountability. When will they say to themselves enough is enough. We had it rough for a long time but let's pull ourselves up by the boot straps and not let anyone even the white devil hold us down! 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
It's a circular problem. They act inferior and blame the white man. Zero accountability. When will they say to themselves enough is enough. We had it rough for a long time but let's pull ourselves up by the boot straps and not let anyone even the white devil hold us down! 

I couldn't agree more. African Americans aren't the only race or group of folks who have been oppressed. Despite their contributions to the U.S. Asians, mostly Japanese folks were locked  up in Internment camps and all their possessions taken from them during WWII. They seem to have recovered nicely. During WWI and WWII, waves of immigrants came to the U.S. from various countries, often ending up in big city ghettos. Italians were called wops. Irish were considered to be dumb and so on. You don't see where this has held them back over the decades. Jews really had a rough time not just in the U.S. but the world over and yet today, some of the most successful people in the world are Jewish. Why is this? Perhaps because they help one another get a leg up and they believe in themselves.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 04:46:49 AM »
because certain someones, aided by a PC culture, see Victimhood as a means to eat comfortably...and they get the lion's share.
They seem to think that being castrated is ok---as long it's not them.

Also, be careful. It's been said that no one is more harder on the down trodden than the man who lifts himself up from the boot straps.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 05:53:48 AM »
Fukn white people.  If you let trader joe and his sesame sticks in the next thing you know they build a strip mall. Then you have to put up with a bed bath and beyond with stupid white women textn and drivin yukons all over the damn place.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 06:23:07 AM »

;D

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 06:26:19 AM »
I bet it's because they don't accept EBT cards.  You know the black motto, if it ain't free it ain't for me.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 09:59:16 AM »
The Crenshaw District in L.A. is a middle class 95% black neighborhood. Magic Johnson and his wife have made quite an investment there in women' fashion and movie theaters. The shopping mall is being joined by a second major retail investment this year. I was sure that there would be a TJs going in there. Nope!! There was a petition by a few citizens asking them to open a store but the developers, African American, said NO. No Macys, Nordstoms, Whole Foods either.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 10:33:30 AM »
I bet it's because they don't accept EBT cards.  You know the black motto, if it ain't free it ain't for me.

Unfortunately, the Trader Joe's in NYC accept EBT. My nice, clean, polite and well kept grocery store now has two security guards and looks like Uganda.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »
I think the issue is the name. If they changed it to something that fit the neighborhood, like Trada Hoe's, it would be fine for the Hebrew community.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »
I think the issue is the name. If they changed it to something that fit the neighborhood, like Trada Hoe's, it would be fine for the Hebrew community.

Lmao!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
Lmao!
38-26-40 are some nice measurements may we see them?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
The Crenshaw District in L.A. is a middle class 95% black neighborhood. Magic Johnson and his wife have made quite an investment there in women' fashion and movie theaters. The shopping mall is being joined by a second major retail investment this year. I was sure that there would be a TJs going in there. Nope!! There was a petition by a few citizens asking them to open a store but the developers, African American, said NO. No Macys, Nordstoms, Whole Foods either.

The Whole Foods near me seems to employ a lot black folk. Not sure of the Nordstrom's, or Macy's.
The fact is, Trader Joe's comes with jobs, and good food. And that's what these ignoramuses need to realize.

If you ever go into a 7/11 near a middle/upper middle class area take a look at the drinks. All the good stuff---Muscle Milk, Naked, Marley (yes, They have drinks named after Bob Marley), Coconut Water, Odwalla, about 15 different Arizona Ice Teas, Bolthouse Farms, etc. And take a look at the snacks. A ton of protein bars, and different types of nuts and dried foods. Apples and Bananas. And it contrasts against the offerings in a 7/11 near a low income area. All the sugary drinks, candies.
The contrast is like night and day. In one area you get a variety of healthy offerings. And the other you get a variety of sugary drinks and candy.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »
The Whole Foods near me seems to employ a lot black folk. Not sure of the Nordstrom's, or Macy's.
The fact is, Trader Joe's comes with jobs, and good food.

If you ever go into a 7/11 near a middle/upper middle class area take a look at the drinks. All the good stuff---Muscle Milk, Naked, Marley (yes, They have drinks named after Bob Marley), Coconut Water, Odwalla, about 15 different Arizona Ice Teas, Bolthouse Farms, etc. And take a look at the snacks. A ton of protein bars, and different types of nuts and dried foods. Apples and Bananas. And it contrasts against the offerings in a 7/11 near a low income area. All the sugary drinks, candies.
The contrast is like night and day. In one area you get a variety of healthy offerings. And the other you get a variety of sugary drinks and candy.

When I was younger I worked security at a 7-11 convention. Let me tell you, EVERY item the sell has a purpose and a target market. A lot of research and psychology goes into what they sell in their store and where in the store it's located. They don't just stock the store with shit and hope people buy it.