Author Topic: A few paople have been asking about this sort of thing so heres my 2 cents?!  (Read 2719 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I am hoping to start a full body program soon (mayb next week or start of february):
Something along lines of JPM wrote on hear earlier.
MON=
Squats 3x6
clean squat push press 3x12
Pullover and Press 2/3x15
BB rows 3x8
Incline DB Bench 3x8
DB press 3x8
Rear Lat 2x10
Tricep weights dips 3x12
BB curl, heavy. 3x8

WED=
BB hack Squat 3x12
Deadlift 2/3x7
T-Bar Row 2x10- Then   2x8 Closegrip palms facing Pulldowns. 2 heavy and then 1 light set after.
Flat DB press or slight inclin BB 3x8
Lateral Raises 3x10
rear lat raises 2x10
Close grip Bench 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x8

FRI=
Same as monday?

What u think. I think volume is ok for all parts, may be a wee bit high on shoulders,but let me know. Im just fine tuning at the mo before i start it in February.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Aimed at Haider,JPM etc. what you think????

davie

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
Depends on what your body to look like.  I would not do that program, but my goal is to getbig :P

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
seems too much, too many exercises. Select a few good ones and try to improve on them for progressive load. Give HST a try, please. Thats what everyones been tellin you.
follow the arrows

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I tried HST before, year or so ago, Nothing Much happened. Granted my diet is better now, but i wanted to incorporate such things and clean push press/pullover press etc as mass buidling +power building exercises?
I will have a look at HST again i h=still have routine somewer but i am not a huge fan.

davie

P.S SLYY this routine is for teh purpose of getting big, what is wrong with it?

davie

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Think it looks pretty good. The main concern here would be the intensity and if you're getting enough rest, but you can always adjust later on by adding more rest days or by dropping one or two exercises if you feel it's getting too much, or it takes too much time in the gym. For example, maybe you'll find out that training biceps 3 times a week is too much for such a small muscle group, then you will just drop it from one of the days.
Z

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Thanks,thats the sort of constructive crit i want. I am thinking of moving pullover/press to wednesday. and putting dips on WED as well, and moving closegrip bench to FRI and having skull crushers on MON.
Probs gonna remove Bi work from monday and only doing it on Wednesday and friday.
Might throw in shrugs sumwer.

Wanna keep workout to good hard basic exercises which i think i have, not really any isolation work (though it is useful and i use it in my normal body part once a week program,but for wee change im sticking to compound).

davie

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
I think it is way to much to do in one day.  You plan to do squats, bench and BBrows all in one day?  I dont think that is possible to do, if you are intense in the gym.  Also, working your back chest bi's etc. three times a week is way too much.  Your muscles need rest to grow, the days inbetween is not enough especially when you work them soon after.  You had said something about no isolation work, it is hard to get big full bodybuilding type muscles without doing isolation work.  I am a fan of a bodypart or two a day type of workout. Muscles need rest to get big.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I see what ur saying and take it on board, I currently have a split which i MON=chest/back/traps WED=legs FRI shoulder/arms
With 12 sets for chest. 9 sets for tri's, 6/9 sets for bi's and traps. 14/16 sets for legs and 14/15 sets for back. I have been reading alot of posts and believe that a change every so often is good for ur muscles even if ur still making gains on current routine. I love my current split and routine, but just wandered if different approach wud b gud as a change?!

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Might think of reducing exercises etc, but am considering adding in more olympic lifts i.e. unilateral db snatches (done them before), or bb snatches. Already got clean squat push press in there, but might add normal cleans in 2,any thoughts????

davie