Author Topic: I like Toney Freeman's training philosophy  (Read 8774 times)

prizm

• Getbig III
Re: I like Toney Freeman's training philosophy
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2014, 01:08:55 AM »
High volume, lighter weights, a lot of pumping sets.  The philosophy is interesting, but it's hard to say if it was that type of training that gave him his current size.

Years ago he talked about squatting 600 for reps at one point in his career.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 01:33:01 AM »
size is given by the quantity of the hormones flowing through the system not by heavy weights.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »
For the last few months I've really been trying to focus on the mind-muscle connection. Lifting lighter and squeezing the muscle. But to be honest I do mix it up. I like to go lighter on certain exercises like dumbbell flies and heavier on benching exercises.

This!

Watched through some more vids of Toneys training. It is interesting stuff. Can't find his whole leg routine though. Only one with leg ext + leg curls being done same style as the rest.
MIRAGETROPIN

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
size is given by the quantity of the hormones flowing through the system not by heavy weights.
THIS...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 06:49:46 AM »
when u been training 30 yrs u learn how to take a 30lb dumbell n make it feel like 80lbs from mind/muscle connection n great form, at 48 yrs old i gotta train smart or ill b sitting home injured n thats not gonna help my muscle growth
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 06:53:11 AM »
when u been training 30 yrs u learn how to take a 30lb dumbell n make it feel like 80lbs from mind/muscle connection n great form, at 48 yrs old i gotta train smart or ill b sitting home injured n thats not gonna help my muscle growth
good points man..

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
indeed

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
Used both the unilateral training and the 1 and 1/4 reps on back and triceps today and I must say I loved it. At 57 it felt good plus some crossfit chick was staring at me. Bonus!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
Today I trained legs using all unilateral .. much better focusing on one leg, less weight, greater benefit.

I was so impressed with Freeman's common sense that I stood up until 1:30 AM watching every interview I could find. It was so nice to discover a smart bodybuilder, down to earth who made sense on every fucking subject.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »
Today I trained legs using all unilateral .. much better focusing on one leg, less weight, greater benefit.

I was so impressed with Freeman's common sense that I stood up until 1:30 AM watching every interview I could find. It was so nice to discover a smart bodybuilder, down to earth who made sense on every fucking subject.

Agreed but that shirt! My wife said "really?"

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »

If you ever see https get rid of the "s" so its just http and enclose the web address with youtube brackets by using the youtube icon within getbig on the far left

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 12:14:21 PM »
Who's that fucking moron behind him at 5 minutes in?  I can't stop laughing

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »

after 10yrs training there is no muscle growth unless hormone consumption rises, you can however maintain a good physique on less drugs and lifting alot lighter and smarter