Author Topic: Does adult life always keep finding new ways of sucking.  (Read 3828 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: Does adult life always keep finding new ways of sucking.
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 08:30:55 PM »
You can pick and choose your advice RAtard. I'm just telling you what I personally went through.

If you believe you can get through this with a simple mind over matter trial then do it.

But you have other options.

I believe AD's are a last resort.....but I was at that last resort. Diet, exercise, and a solid support system were not enough at that time for me.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »
no youre not mostly happy.

and its not life that sucks, its always yourself.

must lwer the standards.

relatively a kd in afrcia will be very happy when it gets a meals, while a coke head millionaire will be bored about getting a new ferrari,he will be less excited than the african kid.

think about that.

When I get down I too think of the African kid who waits for his next meal. Then I think about the rich basketball players, Kardashian whores and hell even my friend that has a good job. I'm very close to having it good, just have a shitty job which really gets me down.

I'm actually lucky that I have very simple tastes. I always say to people I have nothing but everything I ever wanted. Almost.

I'm in America land of opportunity so I think my day will come. As halo says, soon.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
ekul of course theres something like a chemical imbalance, go on seroquel,or pop couple extasy pills, or lsd, bit cocaine, or heroin and see how chemical imbalance doesnt exist.

Drugs that raise serotonin and norepinephrine levels, such as amphetamine, ecstasy and cocaine, do not alleviate depression.(a chemical imbalance), they temporarily alter brain chemistry.  This doesn't mean their is such a thing as an ideal brain chemistry therefore the potential to have it imbalanced.

I could go on indefinitely about the flawed concept of imbalanced brain chemistry, sadly, the average getbigger is too brainwashed to understand it.  They like the idea of popping pills to mask life.  People prefer the concept of mental illness like depression having a physical cause or being labelled a “physical disease” because it does not convey the stigma and blame commonly associated with “psychological problems”. Imbalanced brain chemistry is just another of those buzzwords layman latch onto without exploring the issue.  The fact is their is ZERO evidence for such a concept.  But around here, people will believe anything without evidence it seems.
V

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »
I know a "true getbigger" doesn't believe in mental illness.  ::) Or would never take meds. Or would even admit to being depressed.  ::)

However I guarantee you there are many members here that have needed help for depression.....they just won't speak up. It's not the Getbig thing to do.  

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »
Not saying chemical imbalance don't exist but I think majority of depression is environmental.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
Does adult life always keep finding new ways of sucking?

Not to put too fine a point on the matter, yes.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »
Not saying chemical imbalance don't exist but I think majority of depression is environmental.
This theory has some validity.  It is commonly observed in some wild animals when placed in captivity, no matter how well replicated the artificial environment, the animal experiences depression.  It may gradually adapt to it's artificial environment, but will never thrive the way it would in the wild.
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:06 PM »
Yeah man but then there are days where you're mindlessly driving to work on the freeway early in the morning and you see the most beautiful sun rise ever and you just have to pull over and take it in.

Or something as simple as a child's smile and laughter.

There's so much beauty in this world. You just have to notice it.
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
RaTard, cognitive behavioral therapy is probably you're best bet.  There is some evidence to suggest that changing the way you view the world (CBT) alleviates depression.  (although I wouldn't describe your post as indicative of depression, just a growing awareness of the harsher realities of existence)
V

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »
First off, if you don't have anybody you are close to (significant other, parent, sibling) who has a mental illness, you're not qualified to speak on chemical imbalances. Yes, I do agree that we are over medicated and that minor mental health issues can be mended through diet, exercise, and some sort of therapy. MAJOR mental health issues require medication. I don't believe that those with major issues can overcome them by just being tough, or exercising.

To address the OPs issue..think of it this way: you have to know what is bad in order to recognize good. The older you get the more experiences you have....so you'll accumulate more powerfully positive and powerfully negative experiences. For most people, the worst time of their lives isn't going to happen when they're little. So, you encounter that time later in life. I truly feel that my current stage in life is my best year. I think that's the key.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »
If you guys look back at RAtards posts he's been fucking suicidal.

I highly doubt mind/matter is enough for this guy.

However he wants to know that he's not alone in his thoughts; hence why he comes here.

And he's not. We've all been where he is to a certain degree.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
Yeah man but then there are days where you're mindlessly driving to work on the freeway early in the morning and you see the most beautiful sun rise ever and you just have to pull over and just take it in.

Or something as simple as a child's smile and laughter.

There's so much beauty in this world. You just have to notice it.

Good advice on pulling the car over to take in the sights every now and the.  Little things matter.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »
I'm atheist and not an addict or AA person; but I do find the serenity prayer helpful at times. I sometimes find myself worrying about things I cannot change.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
First off, if you don't have anybody you are close to (significant other, parent, sibling) who has a mental illness, you're not qualified to speak on chemical imbalances. Yes, I do agree that we are over medicated and that minor mental health issues can be mended through diet, exercise, and some sort of therapy. MAJOR mental health issues require medication. I don't believe that those with major issues can overcome them by just being tough, or exercising.

To address the OPs issue..think of it this way: you have to know what is bad in order to recognize good. The older you get the more experiences you have....so you'll accumulate more powerfully positive and powerfully negative experiences. For most people, the worst time of their lives isn't going to happen when they're little. So, you encounter that time later in life. I truly feel that my current stage in life is my best year. I think that's the key.
How is having a relative with mental illness EVIDENCE for chemical imbalance?  Honestly, the things that the average GETBIGGER believes qualifies as evidence is staggering.  Humans instinctively no what is bad, we have an instinct called self preservation and an Imagination, we don't need to experience BAD to know the GOOD, that's ridiculous.   And I believe one of the biggest roadblocks to an adults happiness is in fact their childhood's.  It is those that didn't have their needs met or suffered the usual humiliation and neglect that the average child rearing practices guarantees.  For those who are presented with psychological issues in their adult life, a very good start is to explore their childhoods and determine what needs that weren't met and then work to rectify them.  Essentially this is the role of psychotherapy, teaching the adult to self counsel, to self soothe, to teach them the skills they didn't get when children due to their parents inability to transfer such abilities by meeting the child's needs and the child internalizing such concepts.
V

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »
When I get down I too think of the African kid who waits for his next meal. Then I think about the rich basketball players, Kardashian whores and hell even my friend that has a good job. I'm very close to having it good, just have a shitty job which really gets me down.

I'm actually lucky that I have very simple tastes. I always say to people I have nothing but everything I ever wanted. Almost.

I'm in America land of opportunity so I think my day will come. As halo says, soon.
nah bro nobody is entitled to the dream, it comes or comes not.

the system as is, is bit rigged, like british pm is some grand grand grand son of former kings etc.

rich are born into money the rest has to fight, but oppurtunity was never fairer.

happynes comes from being happy about small things, not money.

ofc being dead skint is shit, but many ppl are 1 month unemployemnt away from bankrupcy.

have a frend whos on anti depressant, cant sleep wo nightmares etc, must use certain drug protocol to evenf all asleep, i tell him the same thing about the african kids,he says well depression doesnt work like that.

i still say hes just too soft mentaly.the vast majority of ppl do not lve their job,they simply do it.just enoy the time outside of the job,its the best we can do.

@ekul, ofc theres a ideal state of mind and chemical brain balance,lol.
being on lsd is not ideal.and cant say temporarily alter brain chemistry, theyre highly addictive.
n

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »

Have a big cup of "fuck off". Stupidest statement of the year.  ::)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
I'm atheist and not an addict or AA person; but I do find the serenity prayer helpful at times. I sometimes find myself worrying about things I cannot change.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

You don't have to be religious to appreciate things like this. If anyone lives near a bahai temple, I'd recommend visiting. It's an incredibly peaceful place.

A sauna can do the trick, too. :)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »
Have a big cup of "fuck off". Stupidest statement of the year.  ::)

I'm just saying it's one thing to ponder the idea, and it's a different thing to live it. How is that a stupid statement? You said that you thought people could will their way through something, and that you found that was not the case.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:15 PM »
How is having a relative with mental illness EVIDENCE for chemical imbalance?  Honestly, the things that the average GETBIGGER believes qualifies as evidence is staggering.  Humans instinctively no what is bad, we have an instinct called self preservation and an Imagination, we don't need to experience BAD to know the GOOD, that's ridiculous.   And I believe one of the biggest roadblocks to an adults happiness is in fact their childhood's.  It is those that didn't have their needs met or suffered the usual humiliation and neglect that the average child rearing practices guarantees.  For those who are presented with psychological issues in their adult life, a very good start is to explore their childhoods and determine what needs that weren't met and then work to rectify them.  Essentially this is the role of psychotherapy, teaching the adult to self counsel, to self soothe, to teach them the skills they didn't get when children due to their parents inability to transfer such abilities by meeting the child's needs and the child internalizing such concepts.

I don't think it's evidence for a chemical imbalance, I'm saying you can't truly understand the importance of medication without being in a situation yourself.

And yeah, I felt like childhood experiences were going to factor into the conversation after what I said.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
I'm just saying it's one thing to ponder the idea, and it's a different thing to live it. How is that a stupid statement? You said that you thought people could will their way through something, and that you found that was not the case.

Boob....read the statement I bolded. There are plenty of professionals/scientists qualified to speak on mental illness/chemical imbalances WITHOUT having to have a family member/friend with one.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »
I don't think it's evidence for a chemical imbalance, I'm saying you can't truly understand the importance of medication without being in a situation yourself.

And yeah, I felt like childhood experiences were going to factor into the conversation after what I said.

It didn't come across like that Boob.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
Boob....read the statement I bolded. There are plenty of professionals/scientists qualified to speak on mental illness/chemical imbalances WITHOUT having to have a family member/friend with one.
You do know 'TEH BOOB' is on your side, he was saying that chemical imbalance is REAL based on his observations of psychological dysfunction observed in friends and relatives.  The mistake he made was assuming such psychological dysfunction is CAUSED by chemical imbalance.
V

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
You do know 'TEH BOOB' is on your side, he was saying that chemical imbalance is REAL based on his observations of psychological dysfunction observed in friends and relatives.  The mistake he made was assuming such psychological dysfunction is CAUSED by chemical imbalance.

Who the hell takes side on a matter like this?

We can agree to disagree.

It was wrong and immature of me to tell Boob to have a cup of "fuck off". I'll admit that. I should have just said I disagree instead of using the usual Getbig tactic of personal insults. I should be better than that unless I'm joking of course.

However no one here is "right" or "wrong". We are all just speaking from personal experience and personal point of view.

It's good RAtard has different viewpoints....he can then intake the info and make his own judgement/decisions.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
Who the hell takes side on a matter like this?

We can agree to disagree.

It was wrong and immature of me to tell Boob to have a cup of "fuck off". I'll admit that. I should have just said I disagree instead of using the usual Getbig tactic of personal insults. I should be better than that unless I'm joking of course.

However no one here is "right" or "wrong". We are all just speaking from personal experience and personal point of view.

It's good RAtard has different viewpoints....he can then intake the info and make his own judgement/decisions.  

Who the hell takes side on a matter like this? Um, people who care about HONESTY and being GIVEN factual information.  You are presenting misinformation as FACT!  There is ZERO evidence that Depression is CAUSED by chemical imbalance.  If you are going to assert such things, present supporting evidence.

This is the reason the Psychiatric profession is seen as pseudo science or junk science and ridiculed by society in general.
V