Author Topic: Kansas House passes bill allowing refusal of service to same-sex couples  (Read 7797 times)

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
Re: Kansas House passes bill allowing refusal of service to same-sex couples
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
except at one time most of  the lunch counters and front seats of buses were not the option. I suppose your idea of the option would be....they could walk or take a bike.

Yes.  They are free to chose another establishment or perhaps start their own catering to a particular group. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
So if you can't go to a restaurant you can just start your own LOL let me guess if you can't ride the bus just start your own line  :D

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
So if you can't go to a restaurant you can just start your own LOL let me guess if you can't ride the bus just start your own line  :D

Bad analogy.  A bus is most often public transportation and not individually owned.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »
Yes.  They are free to chose another establishment or perhaps start their own catering to a particular group. 

again, in theory it seems doable, but in practice its silly.  Just use common sense.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
Bad analogy.  A bus is most often public transportation and not individually owned.

Greyhound owned by government?

Airlines?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »
Greyhound owned by government?

Airlines?

Any business associated with public money should not discriminate

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
If you want a meal in his world just start your own restaurant LOL

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
If you want a meal in his world just start your own restaurant LOL

You always have the option to eat somewhere else.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
I really can't believe anyone thinks it's okay for the government to force private individuals to serve other people against their will.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »
People were against it in the 1860's, 1500's, 1920's etc. Also.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »
1930's....1960's....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »
We discriminate against lifestyle choices all the time.  I know a business owner who recently banned smoking on company property.  Some business owners refuse to hire smokers period.  That's discrimination. 

Some employers require their employees to be physically fit.  That's discrimination against fat people.

We still have same sex schools, which discriminate against people of the opposite sex. 

But regarding this whole GBLT and "gender identity" thing, that train has left the station.  The real question is what happens when a lifestyle choice conflicts with a person's religious beliefs that are protected under the First Amendment?  Which one prevails? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
We discriminate against lifestyle choices all the time.  I know a business owner who recently banned smoking on company property.  Some business owners refuse to hire smokers period.  That's discrimination. 

Some employers require their employees to be physically fit.  That's discrimination against fat people.

We still have same sex schools, which discriminate against people of the opposite sex. 

But regarding this whole GBLT and "gender identity" thing, that train has left the station.  The real question is what happens when a lifestyle choice conflicts with a person's religious beliefs that are protected under the First Amendment?  Which one prevails? 

Not religious beliefs, imo. 

Real world shit should always trump make-believe shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »

And there are lots of people who agree with you that the First Amendment doesn't matter when it comes to GLBT/gender identity. 

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:53 PM »

Looks like we have a junior fascist here.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »

it's already been answered several times already,the gay people prevail    done deal     get over it

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
And there are lots of people who agree with you that the First Amendment doesn't matter when it comes to GLBT/gender identity. 

I guess you're alluding to the Free Exercise Clause of the 1st Amendment's Religion Establishment Clause that says that the government cannot generally prohibit the exercise of religions, right? 

You are distorting the argument (knowingly, probably) when you say people think it "doesn't matter", though.  For isn't bigamy and human sacrifice illegal even though some religions would promote that shit? 

Are you really old or something?  I'm getting a "You kids get off my lawn" vibe from you. (And I'm almost 50!)

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »
I guess you're alluding to the Free Exercise Clause of the 1st Amendment's Religion Establishment Clause that says that the government cannot generally prohibit the exercise of religions, right? 

You are distorting the argument (knowingly, probably) when you say people think it "doesn't matter", though.  For isn't bigamy and human sacrifice illegal even though some religions would promote that shit? 

Are you really old or something?  I'm getting a "You kids get off my lawn" vibe from you. (And I'm almost 50!)

Why did you run to Ron? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »
Why did you run to Ron? 

So he contacted you when I used the "Report to Moderator" button after I informed you that supplying a link is a forum rule and you basically told me to FO?  That's awesome news. 

To directly answer your question:  To make this place better.

Anything else you want to know?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

Yes I'm talking about the Free Exercise Clause, and the state equivalents in state constitutions.  

You should read up on the Free Exercise Clause.  It doesn't allow people to do whatever they want.  It doesn't prohibit the government from ever taking a right away.  In fact, every right we have is conditional, including the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (as shocking as that might sound).  

I was talking specifically about what happens, or should happen, when various rights collide. There is an analysis that people need to think through, which you apparently haven't done.  But I understand your knee-jerk response.  It's typical.  

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »
So he contacted you when I used the "Report to Moderator" button after I informed you that supplying a link is a forum rule and you basically told me to FO?  That's awesome news. 

To directly answer your question:  To make this place better.

Anything else you want to know?

What sad person you are.  This is further proof that you an overly emotional person and I had a major impact on you.   I own a piece of your mind.   No one should take you seriously from now on.  You're a cry baby.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »
By the way, if you had bothered to read my second post of info you would have seen that all the studies the information came from were listed.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »
By the way, if you had bothered to read my second post of info you would have seen that all the studies the information came from were listed.

Link, SuppossedSoldier, link.  Read the relevant rule again.

Do you not understand what a "link" is?

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
Ya think so?  

In my mind I did it because I don't know you in person so I couldn't just slap you like a bitch, but you go ahead and pretend to think whatever, OK?

You just proved my point.  You don't threaten someone on an internet message board you don't know unless you're a weak minded person.  You obviously have anger issues.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2014, 01:55:39 PM »
Whydid you report me to ron :'( ounds like he's in your head :D