Author Topic: Getbig Gurus! Is this diet believable? Very low calories/protein.  (Read 14731 times)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
Re: Attn: True Adonis. Will you start a thread/blog pertaining to cooking?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »
Adonis...
It's time to make a website of your recipes, training and principles. If you are actually interested in this pm me and I'll do the site.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
I have a feeling you could build one hell of a brick oven.

Well, if you're gonna go to all that trouble then might as well make it a proper forge so you can do a little smithing while the dough is rising.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
I'd be interested reading an Adonis cooking blog.

Especially what he does with chicken. I'm completely out of ideas.

dustin

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
I'd be interested reading an Adonis cooking blog.

Especially what he does with chicken. I'm completely out of ideas.

Yes! More ideas are good, especially for drab shit like chicken.

I have a love/hate relationship with food. When I'm in the mood and feeling creative, sometimes I cook huge meals that I don't even take a bite of myself. I just love cooking. Othertimes I'll eat nothing but shit all day because I'm upset about not knowing what I should cook, then my whole day spirals into rage and regret. Ideas help to mitigate situations like that, and he's always got some crazy good ideas.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »
Well, if you're gonna go to all that trouble then might as well make it a proper forge so you can do a little smithing while the dough is rising.

I loved gold so much that I even lost my genitaliens in an unfortunate smelting accident.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Getbig Gurus! Is this diet believable? Very low calories/protein.
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
"You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands.

A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition.

Well Rambo was the best"

I am going to use the word attrition more. That and chesterfield, two underrated words.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
How would you describe your nutrition program?
  I am not a person inclined to culinary quests, I keep my diet to the most simple ingredients. My staple foods are whole wheat bread, brown rice, oats, and beans. I consume very little soy as I find it very hard to cook and the whole phytosterol controversy makes it suspect for the moment. I do not consume oils per se but I will always include fat containing foods like tahini, olives, avocado, nuts etc. I don't concern myself with calories except making sure I eat enough for the day. Vegetables are a must and always in quantity but I don't really look for the much more expensive organic kind.

So in other words:

Carbs       65%

Protein     20%

Fats         15%
hahah thats a full of shit diet, i ate like that, no soy, same foods as him and just stay fat, this guy is on roids or is full of shit or both!
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »
if you eat that little you would look like a concentration camp person. and beleive me those concentration camp people stressed there bodies and muscles more than any weightlifter on a low calorie diet

both these guys are so full of shit they should be put to death!
A

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
Most vegetarians I know are sickly fucking stick figures with bad breath.

Most vegetarians don't eat a lot of actual vegetables and use their dietary religion as a pretext to over consume carbs.

I eat animal protein three times a day and I'll gladly put my veggie consumption up against the average non-meat eating vegetarian.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Unless you're on juice, you don't need that much protein.

Our primate cousins grow tons of muscle on a herbivorous diet.   
whether on juice or natty, we really dont need much protein.

Plus, every vegetable has a complete amino acid profile (each and every essential amino acid, inclusing the BCAAs)  combine that with their alkaline PH, slow burning carbs, fibe and the short chain fatty acids that get sent to the liver as a result of their fermentation in the gut....  youve got an all around nutritional powerhouse  covers  just about every single nook and cranny of yournutritional needs

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2014, 03:53:10 AM »
whether on juice or natty, we really dont need much protein.

Plus, every vegetable has a complete amino acid profile (each and every essential amino acid, inclusing the BCAAs)  combine that with their alkaline PH, slow burning carbs, fibe and the short chain fatty acids that get sent to the liver as a result of their fermentation in the gut....  youve got an all around nutritional powerhouse  covers  just about every single nook and cranny of yournutritional needs

They do not have a complete amino acid profile, and show me evidence that PH has anything to do with health? the body tightly regulates PH, tightly, acidosis and alkalosis is rare, you have been duped by some internet web site selling testing strips, talking about alkaline ash and other non sense.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2014, 04:05:48 AM »
Here is another pizza of mine.  A Pan Pizza with a fermented crust, but made a bit thicker, doused in Olive oil for that ultimate Pan effect.
I can teach ANYONE to make this pizza.  If you can stir together ingredients, you can make this!

Damn that looks pretty tasty, I must say!!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2014, 04:06:57 AM »
Here is another pizza of mine.  A Pan Pizza with a fermented crust, but made a bit thicker, doused in Olive oil for that ultimate Pan effect.
I can teach ANYONE to make this pizza.  If you can stir together ingredients, you can make this!

Divine. Hungry as shit now.
O

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
They do not have a complete amino acid profile, and show me evidence that PH has anything to do with health? the body tightly regulates PH, tightly, acidosis and alkalosis is rare, you have been duped by some internet web site selling testing strips, talking about alkaline ash and other non sense.
absolutely. The body does a great job keeping PH stable. But when your diet tilts in favor of acid, it has to use protein and calcium in the process that balances out the PH back  normal. Thus, jeeping the  filled with alkaline foods spares protein and calcium.  That's just one thing I know. Ill leave the rest unaddressed, except here I took a few minutes to dig up the amino acid profiles of broccoli and carrots

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:37 PM »

just cooked this up today, was pretty damn tasty:

0.  steam two small heads of roughly broken-up broccoli while following the remaining steps.
1.  pour a couple tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil into pan (had this leftover from previous meal) which has been raised to medium heat.
2.  dice a little onion, a couple leaves of basil and parsley, and couple sun dried tomatoes.  mince a few cloves of garlic.
3.  saute onions until translucent.
4.  throw garlic in, saute until golden.
5.  throw sun dried tomatoes in, along with about 1/2 cup basmati rice and diced, pan-fried chicken breast (leftovers).
6.  continue cooking until everything is heated through, stirring minimally to brown the rice a bit.
7.  once broccoli is done, season rice with salt and pepper, stir in parsley and basil, plate and serve.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

what kind of cast iron pan is that?
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:21 PM »
what kind of cast iron pan is that?

Looks like standard Lodge 15"..... pretty much the reference point for cast iron pans.  Only like $25 at target

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »
This guy is also a vegetarian

Just like the guy adonis posted, there are countless examples of people that were able to build good physiques without eating meat or a ton of protein. IMO high protein or eating meat is unnecessary to build a good body.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2014, 06:59:21 PM »
Looks like standard Lodge 15"..... pretty much the reference point for cast iron pans.  Only like $25 at target

Great fucking buy.

I really only use it for steak. But its worth it just for that purpose.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »
absolutely. The body does a great job keeping PH stable. But when your diet tilts in favor of acid, it has to use protein and calcium in the process that balances out the PH back  normal. Thus, jeeping the  filled with alkaline foods spares protein and calcium.  That's just one thing I know. Ill leave the rest unaddressed, except here I took a few minutes to dig up the amino acid profiles of broccoli and carrots

They aren't complete proteins, nice chart.

Also, I don't buy it, the acidic foods are far less acidic then our HCl, it makes no sense chemistry wise, you put and weak acid in a strong acid what do you get?

All kinds of stuff leach calcium from the bone, soda pop for example does, it's pointless.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:03 AM »
They aren't complete proteins, nice chart.

Also, I don't buy it, the acidic foods are far less acidic then our HCl, it makes no sense chemistry wise, you put and weak acid in a strong acid what do you get?

All kinds of stuff leach calcium from the bone, soda pop for example does, it's pointless.
Uh oh. I live on Pepsi Max diet soda.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »
I am going to use the word attrition more. That and chesterfield, two underrated words.

I too will attempt to crowbar/sandwich these two under-used powerhouses into random conversations.  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »

This fucking pizza looks good...........gonna` eat some today now for sure.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »
Uh oh. I live on Pepsi Max diet soda.

The phosphoric acid will leach you until you are a frail lady.

Pepsi, not even once.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »
The phosphoric acid will leach you until you are a frail lady.

Pepsi, not even once.

A frail old lady...WITH MUSCLES AND GUNS!!!