Author Topic: Ronnie's arms now 19 inches- what causes triceps atrophy in Palumboism?  (Read 15928 times)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Ronnie's arms now 19 inches- what causes triceps atrophy in Palumboism?
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Isn't Gary Strydom like 5 years older than Ronnie? And he doesn't seem to be infected with the type of muscle wasting that Ronnie has...I personally think guys like Ronnie and Cutler are toxic from using unbelievable amounts of powders from China. Possible lead poisoning and who knows what else.

wtf are you talking about.

both of the athletes in question have confirmed MULTIPLE times that they dont use steroids.

A guy gains a pound of muscle and you people instantly jump to conclusions!

BSN and Muscletech supplements are better than gear imho.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
It has nothing to do with drug abuse, it has to do with nerve damage.  Ronnie most likely suffered a back injury that was never corrected at some point.
Air Falcon

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian

heavysquatter

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »
this coleman dude is an absolute freak! he looks pretty freaking huge!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
Ronnie was a beastly Mr. Olympia. Now, however, he well and truly needs to cover that shit up.

However it happened, nerve damage is likely the greatest culprit to his Palumboism. Perhaps just too much sheer mass crushing his structure? Trauma from needle jabs? Old injuries? Or quite simply, his body's revolting against him, hormonally?

Age is definitely devastating, but Ronnie's quickness of deterioration has little to do with this.

The man's physique is literally decomposing like that of a corpse.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »
His legs are finished too. But his gut remains.

Ronnie is truly the classic example of a shooting star. Burns brighter than anything in the sky, but oh so briefly. Now reduced to a few particles of scattered stardust.

What causes Palumboism? Testosterone receptors that are tired and saturated after 25 years of non-stop anabolic chemical assault. His body doesn't respond to the sauce anymore.

Looks like Ronnie may have had back surgery. His upper torso looks compressed, as though he had some vertebrae fused, which would make his midsection more distended (because it is being squashed). Same thing has happened to Arnold and many others.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 10:47:15 PM »
Peripheral neuropathy is a bitch

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »

do you think youre all hot shit cuz you know words?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 05:06:07 AM »
hes hot shit because he knows big words AND because hes a big sexy mound of ivory muscle.

all homo.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

I know a few words.

Most importantly the magic combination of words used to remove your mothers under garments.

Ps I'm your biological father. I look forward to getting to know you better, Son.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
I know a few words.

Most importantly the magic combination of words used to remove your mothers under garments.

Ps I'm your biological father. I look forward to getting to know you better, Son.

thats fine. you have decent genetics.

so first order of business is the topic of back child support, 18 years of it. I need a new tv.

as the brothers say, lets get this poppin'

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »
thats fine. you have decent genetics.

so first order of business is the topic of back child support, 18 years of it. I need a new tv.

as the brothers say, lets get this poppin'

Do you take Bitcoin?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »
Looks like Ronnie may have had back surgery. His upper torso looks compressed, as though he had some vertebrae fused, which would make his midsection more distended (because it is being squashed). Same thing has happened to Arnold and many others.
He had a damaged disc going back to 2000 or so. He ignored it until it got bad enough to go under the knife. But that happened after he retired.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
must be the camera angle

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 07:18:22 PM »
It isn't age. Ever see Grimek's arms in his 50's?  Huge. And not even a known juicer. Even in his 60's they were huge. He was squatting over 500 for reps too.  Pearl at 50 was as big as he was at 30.  So were Park, Robinson, etc.  Ronnie just blew himself up, and eventually out- it happens many times to those who ascend to the heights. Hard to stay there.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »

Can this be corrected? What causes it, and what are the symptoms?
Air Falcon

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »
This is just my theory on what's caused Ronnie's full-body atrophy, limb by limb. Again, I'm not privy to his non-public medical issues or his current HRT or AAS use (other than being positive he uses one or the other).

1) He has nerve damage LOCALLY in muscles that were injured. That would mean his left quad, left tricep, and left lat. They happened at different times and only became slowly noticeable in 2004. In TCOR, he mention a sore shoulder and a sore elbow. Supposedly after the 2006 Olympia, he admitted having arthritis in one of them.
2) He lifted heavier weight in general than most other IFBB pros. Not like in the videos. But enough to stress the joints after 25 years of doing it. Probably he has some residual tendon damage that's reduced his ROM to the point where he can't squeeze the muscle at the top like he used to in his prime (eg. doing 21s with cambered bar curls).
3) Obviously, he's used gradually higher doses of anabolic and growth agents, probably slin too, and his receptors are shot. They just don't respond to the meds anymore. Steroids are technically medication. If you use Aleve every day for 20 years, you think it'll work anymore? You'll get to 5 pills and even then it won't put the pain away.
4) He has or had a tackle box designed exclusively for legal supplements. In the 2007 video (taped the previous summer), he admitted using two different cholesterol pills and liver/kidney tablets. As far as I can remember, some were prescription. He's had health problems for a while.
5) As was mentioned, he had a spinal injury related to herniated discs in his lower back, possibly from heavy deads. That probably played a role.
6) He's freaking 49! Shit shrinks/falls apart at that age if you went to the extremes he did. The other guys that were big at his age like Vince Taylor or Strydom never came close to his freakiness.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »
This is just my theory on what's caused Ronnie's full-body atrophy, limb by limb. Again, I'm not privy to his non-public medical issues or his current HRT or AAS use (other than being positive he uses one or the other).

1) He has nerve damage LOCALLY in muscles that were injured. That would mean his left quad, left tricep, and left lat. They happened at different times and only became slowly noticeable in 2004. In TCOR, he mention a sore shoulder and a sore elbow. Supposedly after the 2006 Olympia, he admitted having arthritis in one of them.
2) He lifted heavier weight in general than most other IFBB pros. Not like in the videos. But enough to stress the joints after 25 years of doing it. Probably he has some residual tendon damage that's reduced his ROM to the point where he can't squeeze the muscle at the top like he used to in his prime (eg. doing 21s with cambered bar curls).
3) Obviously, he's used gradually higher doses of anabolic and growth agents, probably slin too, and his receptors are shot. They just don't respond to the meds anymore. Steroids are technically medication. If you use Aleve every day for 20 years, you think it'll work anymore? You'll get to 5 pills and even then it won't put the pain away.
4) He has or had a tackle box designed exclusively for legal supplements. In the 2007 video (taped the previous summer), he admitted using two different cholesterol pills and liver/kidney tablets. As far as I can remember, some were prescription. He's had health problems for a while.
5) As was mentioned, he had a spinal injury related to herniated discs in his lower back, possibly from heavy deads. That probably played a role.
6) He's freaking 49! Shit shrinks/falls apart at that age if you went to the extremes he did. The other guys that were big at his age like Vince Taylor or Strydom never came close to his freakiness.
sounds about right man..

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »

And this is exactly why Jay should just continue to slim down and stop beating up his body (chemically and physically).

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
And this is exactly why Jay should just continue to slim down and stop beating up his body (chemically and physically).
Have you seen that recent video of him looking at real estate at night time in Vegas? He's wearing a hoodie and looks like 240-250, tops. Guy has really streamlined a lot...not necessarily by choice.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
Have you seen that recent video of him looking at real estate at night time in Vegas? He's wearing a hoodie and looks like 240-250, tops. Guy has really streamlined a lot...not necessarily by choice.
I would say much less than 240 250.

I think its by choice.

Hes done. Hes smart, he wants longevity.

good for him. his body isnt really all that destroyed. wide waist, but not terrible gut really.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:43 AM »

I think its by choice.

good for him. his body isnt really all that destroyed. wide waist, but not terrible gut really.

he gets ripped midsection,actually for big guy even at 300 lbs at the time he has pretty good muscle shape,round wide delts,good chest,traps are sick,legs are separated deep.230 would be fine ..

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 07:16:42 AM »

I think its by choice.

That can be doubted (about the weight). He's still one of the widest pros for his height, never stopped training besides for surgeries, and is obviously still running a cycle. To go from 310 offseason to "less than" 240 is both absurd and illogical given how he's stated he wants to compete at the O this year. Are you suggesting he's waiting until a month before the show to put it all back? C'mon.

I don't think longevity is in the cards for him if he stays on the same stack at 40 and plans to step on stage again. Which would seem likely given that he's fired one of his main handlers, probably lost a bundle when his wife left him, and hasn't placed in the top spot in any shows lately (and therefore the prize money associated). If he's out looking for real estate, he needs more income. He isn't leaving bodybuilding anytime soon, unless you have some insider info we're not privy to.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
my arms are finally bigger than ronnie's.
sept 10th APF

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:58 AM »
That can be doubted (about the weight). He's still one of the widest pros for his height, never stopped training besides for surgeries, and is obviously still running a cycle. To go from 310 offseason to "less than" 240 is both absurd and illogical given how he's stated he wants to compete at the O this year. Are you suggesting he's waiting until a month before the show to put it all back? C'mon.

I don't think longevity is in the cards for him if he stays on the same stack at 40 and plans to step on stage again. Which would seem likely given that he's fired one of his main handlers, probably lost a bundle when his wife left him, and hasn't placed in the top spot in any shows lately (and therefore the prize money associated). If he's out looking for real estate, he needs more income. He isn't leaving bodybuilding anytime soon, unless you have some insider info we're not privy to.
did he state he was doing mro again.if so he prepped late and was light looking for him,,if he's going to do mro again he has to start getting up to 280 soon or again not enough size to place again top 5..i think he's done.