Author Topic: The Leg DON Exclusive Club : accepting applications for membership  (Read 13766 times)

dave19

• Getbig III
Re: The Leg DON Exclusive Club : accepting applications for membership
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:01 PM »

Right...thats why everyone is giving me decent props on my recent pic. My legs are good.

Of course YOU and the few other select trolls will not agree . I could have legs like Paul Dillet and you twats would pass your comments.

Haters...haha

I really tried to make it clear that I'm not hating on you. All I'm saying is that your lower body is far behind your upper body in terms of muscular development and so you talking about how squats are not necessary to get big thighs is somewhat misguided. I even clearly said that your legs are of course more than decent and most people would be more than happy to reach this level of development but for someone with your genes and arms over 19" those legs are sub-par and if you'd start squatting they'd be growing a few inches in no time for sure... and I'm talking about quality muscle, lean and deeply seperated beef.

Ok back to original topic... trying to find some good pics of my calves since they are really my best bodypart, even better than my upper legs but the pictures I've posted so far don't really do them justice, they are pretty big for a small framed guy with tiny joints like myself and they've got great shape and deep cuts... mhh the few good pics I've found on my hard drive are certainly not to be posted on here ... were never meant for the public, that's all I'm gonna tell ya :D Well I've got 4 cameras lying around so I might as well just take a few snapshots ..

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
great conditioned mass.

Thank you falco
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
I'm fine. Thanks for asking. My wife has been seriously ill with kidney failure for about a month. Taking care of her is my primary focus right now. Getbig is on the back burner for the time being.

Sorry to hear the news prime.  Stay strong, a wish for a recovery sir.
Mr. AZ 2003

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2014, 02:15:16 PM »
Lol so you only have to have separations on the legs to be called a legdon haha.. dont expect my aoolication....80% twinklegs here im out

This.
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2014, 02:17:04 PM »
I really tried to make it clear that I'm not hating on you. All I'm saying is that your lower body is far behind your upper body in terms of muscular development and so you talking about how squats are not necessary to get big thighs is somewhat misguided. I even clearly said that your legs are of course more than decent and most people would be more than happy to reach this level of development but for someone with your genes and arms over 19" those legs are sub-par and if you'd start squatting they'd be growing a few inches in no time for sure... and I'm talking about quality muscle, lean and deeply seperated beef.

Ok back to original topic... trying to find some good pics of my calves since they are really my best bodypart, even better than my upper legs but the pictures I've posted so far don't really do them justice, they are pretty big for a small framed guy with tiny joints like myself and they've got great shape and deep cuts... mhh the few good pics I've found on my hard drive are certainly not to be posted on here ... were never meant for the public, that's all I'm gonna tell ya :D Well I've got 4 cameras lying around so I might as well just take a few snapshots ..

Fair enough.

Truth is I dont want them any bigger. I have always said that arnold type legs are the ideal..not big crazy thighs.  I could easily blow them out..it's just my genes.

I do three sets of leg press. Not heavy. Three sets extensions...three leg curl.

Standard stuff..nothing insane..always heep the reps high

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »
I do three sets of leg press. Not heavy. Three sets extensions...three leg curl.

Standard stuff..nothing insane..always heep the reps high

And for small muscle groups bis and tris, you said you do 3 exercises for each ... 4 sets ... high reps.

so you train your arms with higher volume than your legs?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
I'm fine. Thanks for asking. My wife has been seriously ill with kidney failure for about a month. Taking care of her is my primary focus right now. Getbig is on the back burner for the time being.

Thoughts are with you Prime. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »
veins, fuckheads

veins

Nice.

Tren makes my veins pop.  Havent been on Tren in a while...summer drug.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
And for small muscle groups bis and tris, you said you do 3 exercises for each ... 4 sets ... high reps.

so you train your arms with higher volume than your legs?

About the same. More intensity for sure

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
I think you hold some wacky ideas (particularly vis-a-vis Reptilians), and I still strongly differ with you on "Breaking Bad"'s quality -- or that it "glorifies" meth-cooking, for that matter -- BUT ... 

That said ... :)

While you don't have gigantic wheels, they're about perfectly proportioned.  With a tick more calves, I'd call them perfect, totally no homo.  You don't have that stupid turnip thigh look and, even at less than totally shredded, you still have crazy-ass separation.

I know you've squatted decent numbers at relatively low bodyweights.  To what do you attribute most of your leg development, Sev?

Great legs don't need squats. Just genetic shape, diet and proper stimulus through intelligent training. I started training my legs again after a 7 year hiatus. I will not do a single squat nor heavy presses etc. Just unilateral movements with light weights.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
Proof you dont have to squat  ;)

great polio leg
T

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2014, 06:40:29 PM »
 :)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
Now there is a true legdon, mass and cuts and not cuts on poliolegs

nice njflex

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
Squats are not the best exercise for stressing the legs and inducing muscle growth.

Think about it, how much weight can you push in a leg press compared to a squat?
What lets you down on the squat?
Its the low back, you can only squat as much as your lower back can take, not the legs.

Take the low back out of the equation and you can increase stress on the quads and hams.

That is all.

There is NOTHING better than squats (free) for building mass. Are you kidding??

Simple Simon

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2014, 10:27:26 PM »
There is NOTHING better than squats (free) for building mass. Are you kidding??
Yes because squats trigger growth hormone production.   ::)

I have just explained my reasons why squats are inferior, now you explain why they are not rather than just dismissing my points.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »

What took you so long.   ?  I was gonna rass ya.... but decided to wait!
Mr. AZ 2003

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2014, 10:48:23 PM »
Yes because squats trigger growth hormone production.   ::)

I have just explained my reasons why squats are inferior, now you explain why they are not rather than just dismissing my points.

The low back? That's just apart of it. Low back Is considered part of your as a whole. It helps to stabilize the weight. Squats recruit more motor units than just about another exercise in the selection. Load factors along with higher volume means greater growth. Deep squats promote recruitment of the glutes and hamstrings. Free squats also promote better growth because it doesn't isolate like a machine.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
SORRY dude, but you have weird shape and you'd just weird everyone out around the clubhouse

Application DENIED!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2014, 12:42:22 AM »
Everyone in this thread should be proud. Even Goodrum.

Groink made a good point.....he doesn't like the quads of nowadays where they are tear drop fucking huge....he prefers the classic lines of the Arnold era. I personally do as well. I think that looks better than these Big Ramy/Branch type quads.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »
Why are all the pics from the front? I wanna see leg shots from all around.

Any guy can have big quads, but legs are only a wow if the hamstrings and most importantly calves are also in tact.

It's like a guy with biceps but no triceps...with a chest, but no back.  >:(

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »
1 more...with a pretty face, but no brain LOL

You all look great...now turn around !!!!!  

sososue

• Getbig II
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
The low back? That's just apart of it. Low back Is considered part of your as a whole. It helps to stabilize the weight. Squats recruit more motor units than just about another exercise in the selection. Load factors along with higher volume means greater growth. Deep squats promote recruitment of the glutes and hamstrings. Free squats also promote better growth because it doesn't isolate like a machine.

Thats a good explanation of the alledged benefits of squats, however the weakest link in a squat is the lower back, Simon is at least right on that point, so your best squat is always dependant on your lower back.
So to summarise the squat isnt going to stress the leg muscles as much as a leg press as your legs bear the brunt of the exercise not the weak link lower back and that then surely leads to better stimulus of the legs.

Squats are great for overall body strength as a core stabilty exercise but not ideal for building legs.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2014, 12:55:50 AM »
Simple Simon explained it the best. I agree 100% .. squats are FAR from the best exercise. The best exercise to isolate all the vastus is leg extensions done unulaterally. Try it. It ain't powerlifting, it's a smart man's game ..not a strong man's game

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2014, 12:57:57 AM »
Goodrum's Chomping at the bit for the cock-off don challenge

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2014, 01:43:48 AM »
SORRY dude, but you have weird shape and you'd just weird everyone out around the clubhouse

Application DENIED!
the "weird shape"  is called musclemass ;)
If you had some mass on your legs they would look somewhat like his to =)