Author Topic: 8 L.A. officers won’t be punished for firing 103 times on two unarmed women  (Read 3625 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
8 L.A. officers won’t be punished for firing 103 times on two unarmed women

Posted by Faith Braverman on 18 Feb 2014 / 85 Comments

LOS ANGELES, CA– Some may remember the harrowing case of cop-killer Christopher Dorner. Last year the former cop went on a rampage in California, sending people into a heightened state of vigilance. Yet the actions taken by eight LAPD officers stray from vigilance into excessive use of deadly force.

While guarding a high-ranking officer they feared was on Dorner’s hit list, the officers happened upon two women who were delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. The officers apparently mistook the truck for Dorner’s, even though he drove a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck.

With no warning, the eight officers unleashed a hail of bullets, firing 103 times at the truck carrying Margie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother Emma Hernandez. Carranza, then 47, was cut by flying glass, her mother was shot in the back. Miraculously, both women survived.

None of officers will be fired, or even suspended for failing to identify themselves as police or to ensure the car was indeed Dorner’s before opening fire. They will only be required to take a little more training.

read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/8-l-officers-wont-punished-firing-103-times-two-unarmed-women/#axzz2thsgeYmu

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Hahha, and the libs only want police to have guns.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
how the heck did they live thru that.  amazing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I'm not sure what the hell they're teaching at these Police Academies but they're friggen failing.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sounds excessive, but very easy to be a MMQB.  Split second decisions in real time can be pretty darn difficult. 

Feel bad for the two women, but "mother and daughter, though traumatized, received a settlement from the LAPD for $4.2 million dollars."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
These idiots belong in jail for 10 years each

RRKore

• Getbig IV
8 L.A. officers won’t be punished for firing 103 times on two unarmed women

Posted by Faith Braverman on 18 Feb 2014 / 85 Comments

LOS ANGELES, CA– Some may remember the harrowing case of cop-killer Christopher Dorner. Last year the former cop went on a rampage in California, sending people into a heightened state of vigilance. Yet the actions taken by eight LAPD officers stray from vigilance into excessive use of deadly force.

While guarding a high-ranking officer they feared was on Dorner’s hit list, the officers happened upon two women who were delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. The officers apparently mistook the truck for Dorner’s, even though he drove a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck.

With no warning, the eight officers unleashed a hail of bullets, firing 103 times at the truck carrying Margie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother Emma Hernandez. Carranza, then 47, was cut by flying glass, her mother was shot in the back. Miraculously, both women survived.

None of officers will be fired, or even suspended for failing to identify themselves as police or to ensure the car was indeed Dorner’s before opening fire. They will only be required to take a little more training.

read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/8-l-officers-wont-punished-firing-103-times-two-unarmed-women/#axzz2thsgeYmu

Jeez, what do cops from that department get punished for then? 

Cuz it seem like, well:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jeez, what do cops from that department get punished for then? 

Cuz it seem like, well:

Nothing.   Cops get away with almost anything because they have a gullible and naïve public backing them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Nothing.   Cops get away with almost anything because they have a gullible and naïve public backing them. 

what do you think about ex-cops that illegally carry firearms into govt buildings, and worse, leave them behind?

they're clearly breaking the law also. 

Yet you think ex-cops like the dude in colorado should receive special treatment that the rest of us would not.

No - they should have called the guy on the qt and given it back so he doesn't have to deal w the Stasi.

If 333386 or 240 carries a gun into a govt building, we going to jail, my friend. 

So are you backing the cops here (ex cop breaking the law, actually), or not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Don't agree w either - the collegue should have helped the other and and helped him get his gun back wo issue

what do you think about ex-cops that illegally carry firearms into govt buildings, and worse, leave them behind?

they're clearly breaking the law also. 

Yet you think ex-cops like the dude in colorado should receive special treatment that the rest of us would not.

If 333386 or 240 carries a gun into a govt building, we going to jail, my friend. 

So are you backing the cops here (ex cop breaking the law, actually), or not?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Don't agree w either - the collegue should have helped the other and and helped him get his gun back wo issue

Bullshit.   Ex-cops and politicians should have worked to hide the fact this excop politician didn't follow the law?

No.  total crap right there. 

You're endorsing a coverup.  Why?  Cause you don't like the law.  I suppose you're cool with drug dealers and drive-by shooters doing it too?  Or are you just okay with excop politicians not having to follow the laws that we do?  Do you think that building security would have quietly covered up the crime if YOU or I did it?  nope.

But hey, just admit  -   you think ex cops and politicians should be exempt from gun laws that apply to us?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bullshit.   Ex-cops and politicians should have worked to hide the fact this excop politician didn't follow the law?

No.  total crap right there. 

You're endorsing a coverup.  Why?  Cause you don't like the law.  I suppose you're cool with drug dealers and drive-by shooters doing it too?  Or are you just okay with excop politicians not having to follow the laws that we do?  Do you think that building security would have quietly covered up the crime if YOU or I did it?  nope.

But hey, just admit  -   you think ex cops and politicians should be exempt from gun laws that apply to us?

but he's the first one on here posting stories of cop coverups  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
but he's the first one on here posting stories of cop coverups  ::)

All police cover-ups should be prosecuted.   Same with politician cover-ups.   Same with all americans.

If you disagree with "no carry in public govt buildings", then you work to change the law.  And I have to ask if 333386 would still be cool with a 21-year old Trayvon martin carrying twin loaded .45s into a court room.  ???

Sorry, but the slope is too slippery.  If you break the law, you need to be prosecuted.   Exceptions are bullshit.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
What does a guy leaving his gun on his chair have to do with 2 dumb cops firing 102 rounds into an innocent civilians vehicle?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What does a guy leaving his gun on his chair have to do with 2 dumb cops firing 102 rounds into an innocent civilians vehicle?

he illegally carried that weapon into a govt building.  

in both cases, cops/ex-cops were excused from breaking laws because, well, they're LEO.

And even these idiot trigger-happy cops *could* justify it with their feear.  (believable, who knows, but they are given that discretion)

The politician, well, it was a calm happy day, he just chose to ignore gun laws that apply to everyone else.  Felony.  No discretion, no gray area, no confusion or fear or anything else.  He ignored the law.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
I have no problem with someone not being punished for a weak, pointless law.

Should we punish you for not coming to a complete stop at all stop signs? Its the law!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I have no problem with someone not being punished for a weak, pointless law.

I dunno... Should a person be able to carry twin glocks into a court room?   Should I be allowed to pack heat while visiting moms in jail for welfare fraud?  Should I be able to carry a gun in police station?

I'm all for reform on carry in govt buildings - BUT we can't just randomly choose.  And this dude didn't have a history of saying "Yes, all people should be able to carry in govt buildings!" that I knew of - even though he was working on carry laws, I think? 

He wanted to carry but it seems like he was okay with the rest of us leaving the piece in the car. 

ALso, we cannot just ignore laws we deem weak and pointless... cause someone out there thinks rape laws are weak and pointless.  Some folks think selling crack on the corner is okay.  Some folks think theft is okay, if you leave door unlocked.  Point of view.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Should we punish you for not coming to a complete stop at all stop signs? Its the law!

Yes.  A person should get a ticket for rolling thru stop signs.  Cause if I"m going the other way and I have right-of-way and no stop sign, and I strike the vehicle of some idiot that just "rolled" thru a sign, and I'm paralyzed, crapping in a bucket for the rest of my life, then yes, he needs to be punished. 

and my sis-in-law got a ticket for rolling thru a stop sign.  We had the same argument.  "but you could have been in an accident by rolling thru".   "well, I didn't!"   That's a weak excuse.  I can fire 1000 rounds into the air over a crowded city each day.  My defense for it could be "well I could have hit someone, but i didnt!!"    Doesn't work.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
How about they put those cops inside a vehicle and have the victims shoot 103 rounds.. Sounds fair as the women aren't likely to be as proficient with guns as a properly trained sworn officer (which those cops probably aren't)...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How about they put those cops inside a vehicle and have the victims shoot 103 rounds.. Sounds fair as the women aren't likely to be as proficient with guns as a properly trained sworn officer (which those cops probably aren't)...

;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
In the not exactly numerous firefights I've been involved in....when the other side stopped firing, we did as well. Generally for no other reason then to figure out what the hell is going on.....103 rounds without return fire, these guys are retarded. Did they just unload into the car without ever talking to each other....did u see a gun, they have a rifle...he's in the back seat...something?
L

RRKore

• Getbig IV
In the not exactly numerous firefights I've been involved in....when the other side stopped firing, we did as well. Generally for no other reason then to figure out what the hell is going on.....103 rounds without return fire, these guys are retarded. Did they just unload into the car without ever talking to each other....did u see a gun, they have a rifle...he's in the back seat...something?

Maybe they were following uncle Jimbo's lead?:

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Every PD in SoCal was shitting themselves when Dohner was on the loose. 
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV

Agreed.

But doesn't that mean that the scared officers should have thoroughly acquainted themselves with the appearance and license plate # of Dorner's vehicle?

According to folks over at Jalopnik, Dorner's truck was much bigger than the Tacoma (and is in a different class):
http://jalopnik.com/5982580/a-case-of-mistaken-truck-identity-caused-la-cops-to-shoot-two-innocent-women

Here's a 2005 charcoal Nissan Titan like the one driven by Dorner:

Here's the 2008 blue Toyota Tacoma like the one driven by the Mexican women:

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Yep...a little bit of fear made the cops shit all over themselves.  I can remember when we had the snipers over here (Malvo and the other guy) and no civilians acted like this.

Of course, the victims are minorities, so it seems acceptable in CA to allow cops to act like this.

Absolutely disgusting.