Author Topic: Pop  (Read 15473 times)

MrsMuscles

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Pop
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
People keep telling me how bad it is but I'm not sure why if you only have a little. I used to drink a 6 pack each day and I have cut that right in half. But people are telling me even that is too much. I know the sugar is not good but I thought a little bit would not hurt me! If it is really that bad I will stop it. :'( I think I amy try the switch to diet but I dont'like the taste much.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Pop
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
People keep telling me how bad it is but I'm not sure why if you only have a little. I used to drink a 6 pack each day and I have cut that right in half. But people are telling me even that is too much. I know the sugar is not good but I thought a little bit would not hurt me! If it is really that bad I will stop it. :'( I think I amy try the switch to diet but I dont'like the taste much.

You can't be serious  ::) "a little"  That's at least 120 grams of sugar and empty calories.  A total waste.
:

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »
Sugar is bad, mkay?

If a junky cuts his meth intake in half, would you tell him to carry on, because he's only using a little bit and that it won't hurt him?

You don't like the taste of diet pop or plain water because you are a sugar-junky. You just crave the sugar highs. Cut all those sugary drinks from your diet, keep that up for a few weeks and those sugar cravings will pass. And yes, juices are also sugary drinks...
If you keep even only one sugary drink in your daily intake, you will feed your sugar cravings. You will be craving more and more sugar during the day.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:31:01 AM »
You remind me those kids who join the gym to get full of muscles but don't won't to do the hard work required to.
They just want to sit on the pec machine drinking their cell-tech beverage in between doing 10 reps with girl poundages.
You lack willpower and guidance.

You can always pray while siting on the sofa eating chips and pop.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 07:14:06 AM »
Complaining won't bring you further.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
What are the thoughts on diet sodas?

I drink these most days with my meals and feel that the carbonated nature of the drinks despite containing no sugar/calories makes me feel bloated.

Should I cut them out altogether?

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
I have one Coke Zero per day....fuck you if you don't like it. I don't drink any alcohol, do rec drugs or smoke nasty ass cigarettes. So fucking what?  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
I have one Coke Zero per day....fuck you if you don't like it. I don't drink any alcohol, do rec drugs or smoke nasty ass cigarettes. So fucking what?  ;D

I don't believe that artificial sweeteners/flavors belong in a good diet. I would suggest green tea with a lemon.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
I don't believe that artificial sweeteners/flavors belong in a good diet. I would suggest green tea with a lemon.

Health nut!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »
I know the sugar is not good but I thought a little bit would not hurt me!

you are right. but 3 cans is still not a little sugar.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 04:24:29 PM »
You remind me those kids who join the gym to get full of muscles but don't won't to do the hard work required to.
They just want to sit on the pec machine drinking their cell-tech beverage in between doing 10 reps with girl poundages.
You lack willpower and guidance.

You can always pray while siting on the sofa eating chips and pop.

I agree that a little self-discipline is in order, but let's limit the personal attacks/insults.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
Well I'm SOOOOOO sorry I'm not perfect like you.  >:(

My above post applies to everyone in this thread.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 04:41:26 PM »
over ten years ago a friends daughter worked as an intern for a medical group looking into soda vs diet soda. long story short, diet soda is worse than regular soda and regular soda is horrible for you.

death in a bottle.
sept 10th APF

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »
over ten years ago a friends daughter worked as an intern for a medical group looking into soda vs diet soda. long story short, diet soda is worse than regular soda and regular soda is horrible for you.

What reasons did they cite?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »

What reasons did they cite?

Good question, I assume the artificial sweeteners.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
Good question, I assume the artificial sweeteners.

I am curious if it was a direct or indirect reason - i.e. is it diet soda actually making people fat, or is it another reason such as maybe they "think" that, because they are drinking diet soda, they can eat other shit foods without ramifications?

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
in short it is the chemicals used to make the sodas and diet sodas are worse than regular soda. yes, it is partially the sweeteners and the acids used in sodas.

I've never seen a skinny person drinking a diet soda.
sept 10th APF

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
Well I didn't start it! They did!!

Nobody here is attacking you. I addressed the only questionable response to your post. You are the one to launch into name-calling, which is not permitted on this board.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
I see people name calling AND posting pics of dildos and naked girls. How come they don't get into trouble!!

You are new to posting here, so I will explain.

The Gossip & Opinion board is more of a free for all where anything goes. It is Getbig's "main" board, and the one that generates the most traffic to the site. Boards such as Training and Nutrition are reserved for more serious discussion about their respective topics. Here, we aim to limit the riffraff that takes place on the more rambunctious boards.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 05:53:50 PM »
I see people name calling AND posting pics of dildos and naked girls. How come they don't get into trouble!!

There are limits, but Getbig is a pretty liberal board 8)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
Okay. Thank you

No problem. It usually takes a few weeks/months to get a feel for the respective etiquette (or lack thereof) of each board.

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
Maybe one day I can do zero cans. The last two days I only drank 2 cans each day which is very good for me, and I drank orange juice instead. It is an improvement. I tried a diet sprite and it was not to bad although I am a cola girl.

basically you are spoiled food wise.  you said water is gross.  you need to humble yourself; if you were in a dessert water would be your savior.  you need to stop treating food like it's supposed to make you feel good.   you said you're obese.  if you want to be 25% smaller then you need to eat 25% less food (and that includes beverage with calories).   it's very simple really.

if you are 250lbs for example and want to be 125lbs then reduce food by 25% and i recommend increasing exercise to burn the other 25% of calories.  if you're not weight training it will take a lot longer to lose the fat.  weight training has more impact on body fat than cardio.  increasing your protein intake will lower your cravings for carbs and fat, big time.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
Protein and fats satiate hunger for longer than carbs. One trick many folks have used to kill sweetness cravings and hunger in one shot is to mix about 16-20 oz of water with a few packets of Stevia and chug. The volume of water activates the stretch receptors in the stomach providing a physical feeling of fullness, while the Stevia satisfies the psychological craving for sweetness.

Granted, if you're used to routinely indulging in sugary treats, this strategy is hardly effective, but in serious diet mode, it can keep you sane.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
What are the thoughts on diet sodas?

I drink these most days with my meals and feel that the carbonated nature of the drinks despite containing no sugar/calories makes me feel bloated.

Should I cut them out altogether?

Artificial sweeteners cause an insulin response/blood sugar spike in many people.
: