Author Topic: Pop  (Read 15459 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Pop
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »

Wouldn't be surprised either way.

But, I give everyone the benefit of doubt when they're new because you never know.

Let me guess, "MrsMuscles" gave up, and not just on Getbig...

It would appear that way wouldn't it?  This IS the longest time between posts since she began her tenure here  :-\

I've got a few more years on you two in the cynical department.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
Mrs.Muscles, you're new to GetBig, so you might not be familiar with its history.
I understand that you feel as though you're being attacked, ...but please trust me when I tell you, you're not.

Montague, Princess L, and Necrosis have done one heckuva job turning this board around, cleaning it up, and completely transforming it from the absolute cesspool it was back in 2003/2004 when I first started posting here, and have the well earned & well deserved respect of posters here including myself. Their influence is such that they even have a civilizing effect on some of the other boards.

In my experience not one of these mods has ever bullied, or condoned the bullying of others.

They just engage in tough love. They give good advice, and are extremely knowledgeable.

In the pursuit of our goals, we can have only one of two things: RESULTS or EXCUSES, but we can't have both.

ps: if you want to get on Princess L's good side, .......   pssst:   FISH OIL   :D

pps: now to my original reason for even responding before I went off down the bunny trail, don't fall into the trap of doing it to show anyone but yourself. Having been the object of a few haters over my lifetime, I realize that anger may fuel motivation... for a quick moment or two, ...but it's not sustainable. When it comes down to it, jealous haters, or loser Internet trolls are completely irrelevant in your life, so it's impossible to sustain the level of anger, or even conscious thought to these cretins in order to keep you motivated. Do it for no one but you. Your love for yourself, and your desire to accomplish whatever you desire and your faith are the only constants that will sustain you through this process. Good Luck, and Much Success To You.

Hopefully, this doesn't fall on deaf (MIA) ears.
:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »
I've lost 4 pounds now! I'm also down to drinking one can of pepsi a day!! I am starting to get used to diet pepsi more now. I drink water but I ad the flavor packets so it's not real water yet. I also am eating more fruit. I really like cherries but they are hard to find. I am slowly changing my ways to all of you haters! Maybe you can do it all at once but I cat.

Good for you, but again: WEIGHT SAYS NOTHING. Has your bodyfat % changed? THAT'S what matters.
We're no haters, we try to be honest here and a confrontation here and there is part of that, since this isn't the "Weight Watchers" forum.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »
I'm not sure. How do I tell? I was going to buy a scale that tells the bodyweight but I was told they aren't accurate. I haven't noticed my clothes looser but I feel better.

That's correct, those scales aren't very accurate (based on various circumstances like lean mass, before/after training and so on...). Your waist circumference is just a vague indication since it says nothing about your body composition.
I would suggest that you visit a gym and ask if they perform skinfold measurements, or seek someone with a skinfold caliper and the experience. Perform those measurements every x week(s) on the same time and conditions, and keep a log of your diet.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
Keep eliminating the pepsi, eat lots of fruit, avoid junk food and things will slowly happen. Avoid salty foods.
The weight you are losing is not necessarily just fat, it's mostly water retention. Do you take the pill? If you do and stop it will help a lot.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
Keep eliminating the pepsi, eat lots of fruit, avoid junk food and things will slowly happen. Avoid salty foods.
The weight you are losing is not necessarily just fat, it's mostly water retention. Do you take the pill? If you do and stop it will help a lot.

Not sure if that's a good idea ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
That's correct, those scales aren't very accurate (based on various circumstances like lean mass, before/after training and so on...). Your waist circumference is just a vague indication since it says nothing about your body composition.
I would suggest that you visit a gym and ask if they perform skinfold measurements, or seek someone with a skinfold caliper and the experience. Perform those measurements every x week(s) on the same time and conditions, and keep a log of your diet.

Sorry DP to disagree (sorta) with you again ( :-*), but I wouldn't bother with the skinfold caliper test at this point.  At ~40% which she likely is, calipers are going to be extremely difficult if not impossible (they open up just so far ya know).  Accuracy isn't at all an issue at this point, just a consistent downward trend, so taping various locations is the easiest method and def. better for the psyche.
:

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
I've lost 4 pounds now! I'm also down to drinking one can of pepsi a day!! I am starting to get used to diet pepsi more now. I drink water but I ad the flavor packets so it's not real water yet. I also am eating more fruit. I really like cherries but they are hard to find. I am slowly changing my ways to all of you haters! Maybe you can do it all at once but I cat.

I have been giving you nothing but love baby. ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »

Congratulations on losing 4 pounds, MrsMuscles!  And good job cutting down on sugary pop to one can of Pepsi a day.  Adding a bit of Crystal Light or MiO to your water for a while is not gonna hurt you, especially if it gets you to drink more water.  Also, it's good that you are starting to get used to drinking diet Pepsi.  One diet Pepsi a day is not gonna hurt you.

Keep learning, keep trying and never give up.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
Sorry DP to disagree (sorta) with you again ( :-*), but I wouldn't bother with the skinfold caliper test at this point.  At ~40% which she likely is, calipers are going to be extremely difficult if not impossible (they open up just so far ya know).  Accuracy isn't at all an issue at this point, just a consistent downward trend, so taping various locations is the easiest method and def. better for the psyche.

That's actually a good point. I saw her pic, but wasn't really aware of her current shape.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2014, 06:11:13 AM »
Most fat percentage tests are inaccurate for both, those with a very high and those with a very low percent body fat.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 12:07:28 AM »
Mrs.Muscles, I would completely give up the soda if I were you. Diet sodas use Aspartame / Nutrasweet, Sucralose etc., I'm not too keen to be putting an ingredient known to cause brain lesions, and was once on the Pentagons list of possible agents to utilize for biological warfare. Try putting an ounce of lemon juice and a little stevia into your water bottle, and voilâ, you've got lemonade.  ;D
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
Mrs.Muscles, keep drinking your one or two diet soda pops a day and don't pay any attention to BS.  Diet soda pop won't hurt you.

For example, for many years people vilified saccharin(Sweet'n Low in the pink pockets), which has been around since 1878.  For a while saccharin had a warning label saying that it caused cancer in lab rats.  Eventually the warning label was removed because no evidence was found linking it to cancer in humans.

My great-grandparents used Saccharin most of their life because they were diabetics.  They lived well into their 80s and 90s without ever developing cancer.

Theodore Roosevelt used it, and he never developed cancer.  In fact, he said "Anybody who says saccharin is injurious to health is an idiot."
http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/ProductRegulation/SelectionsFromFDLIUpdateSeriesonFDAHistory/ucm091680.htm

Countries like Canada are considering lifting their previous ban of saccharin as a food additive "following the evaluation of data indicating that it is not carcinogenic to humans".
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/sweeten-edulcor/saccharin_qa-qr-eng.php

If the claims about artificial sweeteners were true, there would be tons of evidence linking them to cancer in humans, similar to the evidence we see linking tobacco to cancer in humans.

I speak of saccharin because it has been around the longest, which in itself is a testament to its safety, but the same applies to other artificial sweeteners used today.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »
Mrs.Muscles, keep drinking your one or two diet soda pops a day and don't pay any attention to BS.  Diet soda pop won't hurt you.

For example, for many years people vilified saccharin(Sweet'n Low in the pink pockets), which has been around since 1878.  For a while saccharin had a warning label saying that it caused cancer in lab rats.  Eventually the warning label was removed because no evidence was found linking it to cancer in humans.

My great-grandparents used Saccharin most of their life because they were diabetics.  They lived well into their 80s and 90s without ever developing cancer.

Theodore Roosevelt used it, and he never developed cancer.  In fact, he said "Anybody who says saccharin is injurious to health is an idiot."
http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/ProductRegulation/SelectionsFromFDLIUpdateSeriesonFDAHistory/ucm091680.htm

Countries like Canada are considering lifting their previous ban of saccharin as a food additive "following the evaluation of data indicating that it is not carcinogenic to humans".
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/sweeten-edulcor/saccharin_qa-qr-eng.php

If the claims about artificial sweeteners were true, there would be tons of evidence linking them to cancer in humans, similar to the evidence we see linking tobacco to cancer in humans.

I speak of saccharin because it has been around the longest, which in itself is a testament to its safety, but the same applies to other artificial sweeteners used today.

Mrs.Muscles, I have a completely different opinion than the one quoted above.

Saccharin is a carcinogen, and diet soda with aspartame (NutraSweet or whatever deceptive marketing name they choose to call) is unhealthy. Aspartame is a neurotoxin that was improperly approved by the FDA. Prior to it's introduction into the North American food supply, it appeared on the Pentagon's list of biological warfare agents. Soda in itself is not part of a healthy diet, and it is hell on the complexion.

Just because Loco's great grandparents used saccharin, but didn't develop cancer means nothing. There are plenty of people who smoked all their lives, but don't develop cancer, while others who never smoked a single cigarette do. His great grandparents lived in a different place and time. A time when foods actually had nutritional value, nutrition easily bio-available to the body to build strong bodies with strong immune systems. They also lived in a time when adulterated foods and mass fluoridation of the water supply wasn't everywhere. Fluoride is toxic industrial waste that acts as an adjuvant accelerating the potency & absorption of the poisons and toxins we consume. We are eating GMOs that produce poisons. GMO corn has been engineered to self produce poisonous pesticides... so much so that corn is no longer considered a vegetable. It is now officially an insecticide. The US food supply rarely uses sugar. It's all high fructose corn syrup. Another way to say it is 'It's all high fructose insecticide syrup'. Couple all the fluoride absorbed into your skin via bathing & showering, ...and you've got poisonous insecticides, improperly disposed pharmaceuticals, and neurotoxins etc. etc. etc. on steroids. The human body is under constant assault from the foods we eat, the air we breath, the prevalence of wireless technology etc. that it just makes sense to make the healthiest choices possible, ...and diet soda isn't one of them.

As far as sweeteners are concerned, you might want to stay away from sucralose (chlorine & bacteria poop)
We usually do our best to avoid poop. We try not to step on it walking down the street, ...why should we choose to put it into our mouths, ...and swallow it? If you're looking to avoid sugar, why not give stevia a try?
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
Mrs.Muscles, unlike 24KT, I haven't stated my opinion.  I have stated facts.

24KT is Canadian, and even her own country, Canada is considering lifting a previous ban of saccharin as a food additive "following the evaluation of data indicating that it is not carcinogenic to humans".

The warning label on saccharin packaging in the US was removed for the same reasons.

24KT doesn't know anything about my great-grandparents, and she doesn't know anything about when, where and how they grew up and lived.  They lived in a highly industrialized area in oil rich Venezuela, with polluted soil, polluted water and polluted air.  They ate red meat, pork, butter, full fat cheese, full fat milk, corn cakes, white bread and white rise.  They consumed saccharin heavily for many years, lived a long time and never developed cancer.

But my great-grandparents are not the only ones.  To this day, there exists absolutely no medical or scientific data indicating that saccharin is carcinogenic to humans, hence the removal of its packaging warning labels in the US and the soon to come lifting of its ban in Canada.

Mrs.Muscles, listen to the facts, not empty opinions, and enjoy your diet soda!

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »
So is she real or no....?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2014, 07:23:53 AM »
So is she real or no....?

Not 100% sure, but she posted a picture with her screen name.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »

She's gone

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
She's gone

She's prob still serving hamburgers... and 'pop' of peace :D

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »
She's prob still serving hamburgers... and 'pop' of peace :D

Real or not, she's from the Midwest U.S.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

I will never forgive myself to have missed that.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
I will never forgive myself to have missed that.

The girl wasn't big, her pullover was ;D