Author Topic: Dr. Colker's Book  (Read 2428 times)

BigIronMike25

Dr. Colker's Book
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:01:07 AM »
Dr. Carlon Colker's book "Extreme Muscle Enhancement" is freaking awesome.  He has some impeccable theories due to his long-time experience in the iron game. A few thing i found interesting were:

1) he is a big big believer in high intensity interval cardio training (40secs of light jog intervaled with 20secs of an all-out sprint)  (15-20mins tops).  he argues that this is much more effective than low intensity long-ass sessions (45-60mins)

2) he favors cardio at the end of the day (after all your meals) over cardio first thing in the morning.

3) He is a big believer in a high high protein, moderate fat, low carb diets.....with the only carbs coming from fibrous vegetables.

I would like to know what you highly experienced iron brothers think about these three theories...Please post thoughts and opinions!

Thanks,

MIKE

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Dr. Colker's Book
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 09:16:27 AM »
havent heard 2 and 3. but ive heard of 1 but have no personal experience on it as i dont do much cardio
Z

BigIronMike25

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »
I guess Im the only one who has read this book  :-X

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »
I agree with point one, and point two insofar as it is possible.  I don't agree with the diet, though.  I think carbs are pretty crucial for some people.  I, for example, can barely function when my carbs drop below 100 g.
:-)

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
I agree with point one, and point two insofar as it is possible.  I don't agree with the diet, though.  I think carbs are pretty crucial for some people.  I, for example, can barely function when my carbs drop below 100 g.

Thats what im thinking....i gotta have a suffiecient amt of carbs pre and post workout as well as soon as i get up in the morning....Doing what he suggested by going extremely low-carb makes me feel like shit just reading it!!!