Author Topic: Govt cutting part time workers to avoid ObamaCare  (Read 4730 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Govt cutting part time workers to avoid ObamaCare
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »
Like I said, I won't pick nitz over your idea of what a 'mandate' means.  To me, it's one course of action or the highway. To Soul Crusher, it's a dating service. (I'm goofing)  To you, it's the option of entering the marketplace or paying a minimum tax so as not to be a total moocher in the healthcare system.  Uninsured people that can afford coverage are moochers.  They cost a whole lot more in the emergency room.

The terms of the competing insurance policies define 'better coverage.'  I think that should go without saying.

Actually it's the individual who should define better coverage.  The cookie cutter approach is wrongheaded. 

People who do not enter the marketplace are not moochers.  The cost of an ER visit for an uninsured person is borne by the taxpayers as a whole, not any individual person who chooses not buy coverage. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »
Great talking points.

This is funny, SC, in that it reeks of anti-intellectualism.

On the right or the left, no matter where a good, compelling point or argument originates, that does not mean the point is any less good or compelling.

Honestly, many of the folks on the right here don't seem so well-informed about the right's arguments much less those from the left. 

TL;DR:  Shut up about this bogus "talking points" criticism because talking points would be a step up for the right-tards here.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 12:15:56 AM »
Actually it's the individual who should define better coverage.  The cookie cutter approach is wrongheaded.  

People who do not enter the marketplace are not moochers.  The cost of an ER visit for an uninsured person is borne by the taxpayers as a whole, not any individual person who chooses not buy coverage.  
Big insurance defines the policies and people choose whether to buy or not.  That's not my idea.  That's just how it works.  Your second sentence restates my point:  people that don't buy insurance ultimately cost more to the public as emergency cases.  They are moochers getting medical treatment at our expense, mate.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 06:02:45 AM »
Look at these morons criticizing the coverage people had before crapcare as "crappy policies".

Really? That is all you have. The talking points fed to you by dumocrats? Then they deny that crapcare is a takeover by the government.  HEHEHEHEH! These idiots are delusional.

If those policies are so "crappy" how come the jokeinchief has extended them? How come the clowninthewhitehouse doesn't allow them to be banned as it was called by his "signature legislation" to be replaced by January 1, 2014 with those wonderful, shiny, new crapcare endorsed policies that force a grandmother to have maternity coverage and pediatric vision coverage?

Yeah. Those previous policies are so crappy, so terrible, so subpar yet your messiah is allowing them to persist. ::)

Before that he delayed the employer mandate. Wait until that kicks in. People will have higher copays, they will have more taken out of their check to pay their share and inevitably there will be people who will be laid off. I expect the employer mandate to be delayed again until after 2016. Politics.

Any legislation that FORCES people to buy a product and punishes them for not buying it and if they do buy it they don't have the choice to select the coverage they believe they need, is clearly a takeover by government.

You drones are blind.

LIBTARD LIE#1:  IT WAS WORSE BEFORE CRAPCARE

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 06:18:52 AM »
As stated, the ACA is not good law.  Since most of the ACA's key elements have been operational for a month and some change and since open enrollment for the ACA still has about a month and a half for 2014, I'm a little bit leery of your cast iron negative projections.

But there are certainly good things about the law that you must admit:  pre-existing conditions as a basis for denying coverage is gone.  That alone is simply incredible.  Ask people with cancer, type 2 diabetes, etc., etc., the value of that.  What is it, some 14 million people have cancer in the US and 41% of the population is projected to get cancer at some point and become uninsurable under the prior regime.

Here's an even-handed list of the good things: http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/the-best-life/2013/07/15/10-good-things-about-obamacare

The ACA is a market-based program for dealing with healthcare coverage.  It was formulated by the Heritage Foundation (conservative / republican think-tank back in the 80s).  Romney implemented a version of it when he was governor of MA.

Dude don't even bother with this guy, he has lied so many times about this law it's not even funny. Dude has claimed it effected his staff, meanwhile he has 3 employees or some shit which means it does not affect him.

The law has good and bad, it's too early to tell, all of these morons were calling it a failure before it went live. The fact that half the population is rooting for the president to fail is absurd. These citizens are actively fighting against any and all ideas, holding to tired ideologies like trickle down economics, or the constitution. I mean update the fucking thing, EVERYTHING EVOLVES, everything, sentences, words, ideas, humans, techology etc.... you can't have this fucking stagnant document to govern modern life, the bible is a failed example of this. Stone your kids? work on sunday and you die. When we look at history we see smart people dragging the idiots with them to the future, the idiots fight the whole way because they don't understand the context. They want things to stay the same, no change, simple local thoughts.

Look at the idiots on this board, who see snow and denounce global warming, meanwhile, the globe is heating up. The world revolves around them and there stupid beliefs, blasphemy they say, don't challenge my dumb ideas. Hide behind authority and respect.

Dario thinks it's a government takeover, meanwhile you fucking bailed out the bankers lolololol. God damn Obama trying to help the poor, poor bankers though. Let's not hold them responsible, let's bail them out, let's give them record profits, let's not complain when we are born into a rigged game for the rich, equal oppurtunity is a farce, upward mobility is based on relation, the rich stay rich, protect their own just like everyone else.

They didn't work harder, Donald Trump is a shining example of this, fucking moron who rapes others to get where he wants.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 06:43:42 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Oh yeah. It's so much better now.

Obamatheclown reports that 6 million are covered now by crapcare. When in reality most of those people are being put into medicare and qualified for it even under the old rules. And all the other haven't EVEN PAID FOR COVERAGE. You don't have coverage until you pay.

Out of the 7 million that have lost coverage only 1/3 have obtained coverage via crapcare albeit at higher premiums, higher deductibles, losing their doctor and hospital. And the other 2/3 are to be covered by those crappy policies for another 2 years. That's if the states they are in decide to go along with the delay.

They will clearly fail at obtaining 7 million people covered by crapcare by March. Covered by crapcare approved policies, NOT MEDICARE. The white house is using the medicare enrollees to inflate the actual figures.

It is so bad right now.

Yet, these libtards will paint a picture of success. Liberalism is a mental disease.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 08:44:53 AM »
I think you are the only person mentioning the groaning 'greater good' of utilitarianism.  And how you tie gay marriage to all this is a mystery for the ages.

that's all liberals care about.  if Republicans changed their tune on gay marriage and abortion the Democratic party would disappear in a matter of weeks.  if you don't believe that, you haven't been paying attention.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
when we are born into a rigged game for the rich, equal oppurtunity is a farce, upward mobility is based on relation, the rich stay rich, protect their own just like everyone else.

They didn't work harder, Donald Trump is a shining example of this, fucking moron who rapes others to get where he wants.
the game is not rigged for the rich, where do you get this stupidity?

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2011/06/22/u-s-has-record-number-of-millionaires/

guess what they werent born rich...

Do you think they shouldnt be able to pass down their earnings to their children?

Everyone has the same set of opportunities, others have more b/c of their parents, friends etc...THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT OTHER PEOPLE DONT HAVE OPPORTUNITIES!!!

The amount of space envious and misguided thoughts about how you were dealt a bad hand take up in your head. Imagine if you used that energy to actually accomplish something in your life....MAYBE YOUD HAVE SOMETHING TO LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »

Do you think they shouldnt be able to pass down their earnings to their children?

Everyone has the same set of opportunities, others have more b/c of their parents, friends etc...THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT OTHER PEOPLE DONT HAVE OPPORTUNITIES!!!

The amount of space envious and misguided thoughts about how you were dealt a bad hand take up in your head. Imagine if you used that energy to actually accomplish something in your life....MAYBE YOUD HAVE SOMETHING TO LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN

Hhaha your link proves my fucking point you incredible idiot. The rich as getting richer ie more millionaires, while the poor are stagnant or decreasing. TAX rates on corps are effectively zero, GE paid no TAXES, NONE. is that fair?

How about the fact to get an education now a days is life signing a death warrant of life long debt. The rich are richer then ever, the income gap has widened to the biggest in history, the top 3% of the world hold as much welath as the rest.

Are you really that stupid? do you honestly think they are serving their own best interests? tax havens? they are rigging the game? bail outs? not rigging? no tax rates on corps, capital gains etc.. the system benefits the rich, what more evidence do you need. Do you need an even larger income gap?more tax cheating, bailouts all on your back? record profits during a recession, biggest bonus in history was given out during the bailout LOLOLO.

Nah dude if everyone just works hard enough you will get into their club. If you work hard enough they will step aside not try and hinder you, no that wouldn't make any sense.

Trickle down so more huh? how is that working out for ya? how is that middle class doing? where are all the jobs? why are wages lower then ever when adjusted for inflation surely if they create jobs and are setting record profits more jobs etc should be available right? wrong, they are decreasing, you know where the money goes homo? into their pockets, why the fuck would they help you?

Show me evidence that the rich aren't doing better then ever while the poor hare doing worse. If you are right then this unemployment, increase in poverty is all related to hard work. All these people just gave up putting the effort it, I doubt they were disillusioned by ever decreasing prospects with ever increasing money/education required to obtain them.

You are a moron, you have shown this over and over, you think you can make a bell curve with two points quote psychologists incorrectly, can't critically appraise things without your own raging bias. Just quit life and keep drinking, keep working hard bro you will become a millionaire, you bought in.

Millionaires aren't the elite either, you know those unchanging billionaire families. Millionaires are made by the fucking lottery, the data is useless as it tells us there are more millionaires, your conclusion is spurious at best and retarded at it's worst.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
Hhaha your link proves my fucking point you incredible idiot. The rich as getting richer ie more millionaires, while the poor are stagnant or decreasing. TAX rates on corps are effectively zero, GE paid no TAXES, NONE. is that fair?
How about the fact to get an education now a days is life signing a death warrant of life long debt. The rich are richer then ever, the income gap has widened to the biggest in history, the top 3% of the world hold as much welath as the rest.

Are you really that stupid? do you honestly think they are serving their own best interests? tax havens? they are rigging the game? bail outs? not rigging? no tax rates on corps, capital gains etc.. the system benefits the rich, what more evidence do you need. Do you need an even larger income gap?more tax cheating, bailouts all on your back? record profits during a recession, biggest bonus in history was given out during the bailout LOLOLO.

Nah dude if everyone just works hard enough you will get into their club. If you work hard enough they will step aside not try and hinder you, no that wouldn't make any sense.

Trickle down so more huh? how is that working out for ya? how is that middle class doing? where are all the jobs? why are wages lower then ever when adjusted for inflation surely if they create jobs and are setting record profits more jobs etc should be available right? wrong, they are decreasing, you know where the money goes homo? into their pockets, why the fuck would they help you?

Show me evidence that the rich aren't doing better then ever while the poor hare doing worse. If you are right then this unemployment, increase in poverty is all related to hard work. All these people just gave up putting the effort it, I doubt they were disillusioned by ever decreasing prospects with ever increasing money/education required to obtain them.

You are a moron, you have shown this over and over, you think you can make a bell curve with two points quote psychologists incorrectly, can't critically appraise things without your own raging bias. Just quit life and keep drinking, keep working hard bro you will become a millionaire, you bought in.

Millionaires aren't the elite either, you know those unchanging billionaire families. Millionaires are made by the fucking lottery, the data is useless as it tells us there are more millionaires, your conclusion is spurious at best and retarded at it's worst.

you don't understand tax.  its not your fault though.  barely anyone does.  this is a silly statement.  if you want me to elaborate let me know but it takes a few paragraphs and I won't start wasting my time unless you're actually interested in hearing why what you just said doesn't mean what you think it means.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »

I have a better idea.  you tell me why you think GE paid no tax.  and don't say "tax loopholes" unless you want to cite the section of the IRC that they took advantage of in order to pay no tax.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »

HAHAH typical libtard when proved wrong resulting to a wall O text attacking the messegner.

Let me address this stupidity in pieces as there is to much to address all at once.

The corporate tax I will not spend much time on except to say I agree that business should not be allowed so many tax loopholes but when the alternative is 40% combined federal and state taxes a middle ground needs to be found. SIGNIFICANTLY lower the tax rates and get rid of the loop holes.

Education isnt signing your life into debt, if you sit on your ass and only work in the summer then yea you put yourself in a hole....let me repeat that, YOU PUT YOURSELF IN A HOLE...

If in addition if you major in some irrelevant and unmarketable major like philosophy or history you dig that hole deeper.

Are you seriously stupid enough to believe that GE paid no taxes? no payroll, no local, no state taxes?

Are you seriously stupid enough to believe that there are not cap gain taxes?

The system doesnt benefit the rich the rich benefit themselves...do you really think that people who worked hard shouldnt be able to use that money to better themselves and their families?

Do you think private schools should be abolished b/c poor people cant afford them? I mean thats an advantage isnt it?

PS class mobility is the same it was in the 70's it isnt any harder to get from middle to upper class today than it was 40 years ago.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 09:44:11 AM »
I swear... only Americans think they have freedom of choice.......

blind as fuck

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »

who said anything about trickle down?

Thats youre fucking problem you expect to be able to sit on your ass and be handed shit, GO FUCKING GET IT.

Dont sit there and wait for others to give it to you, go make it yourself.

Upward mobility has not changed, you have the same ability to move up the economic class ladder today as you did decades ago.

There are MILLIONS of good job openings in the US, the problem is the US workers dont have the skills and education to match the employers needs. AGAIN DONT SIT THERE AND EXPECT TO BE HANDED SHIT.

I will be a millionaire at some point in my life sooner than later hopefully but it will be b/c i worked hard, made smart decisions and didnt sit there and expect to be handed shit.

Millionaires are made through smart living and consistent hard work there brainchild. Billionaire families generally are not made in one generation but over the course of many...everything has to start somewhere. My children God willing will do better than me and their children better than them and so on and so on.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
Serious question necrosis: do you think that a persons success should not be used to better their children?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »
HAHAH typical libtard when proved wrong resulting to a wall O text attacking the messegner.

Let me address this stupidity in pieces as there is to much to address all at once.

The corporate tax I will not spend much time on except to say I agree that business should not be allowed so many tax loopholes but when the alternative is 40% combined federal and state taxes a middle ground needs to be found. SIGNIFICANTLY lower the tax rates and get rid of the loop holes.

Education isnt signing your life into debt, if you sit on your ass and only work in the summer then yea you put yourself in a hole....let me repeat that, YOU PUT YOURSELF IN A HOLE...

If in addition if you major in some irrelevant and unmarketable major like philosophy or history you dig that hole deeper.

Are you seriously stupid enough to believe that GE paid no taxes? no payroll, no local, no state taxes?

Are you seriously stupid enough to believe that there are not cap gain taxes?

The system doesnt benefit the rich the rich benefit themselves...do you really think that people who worked hard shouldnt be able to use that money to better themselves and their families?

Do you think private schools should be abolished b/c poor people cant afford them? I mean thats an advantage isnt it?

PS class mobility is the same it was in the 70's it isnt any harder to get from middle to upper class today than it was 40 years ago.

the top 10% pay roughly 90-95% of all income tax revenue in the US.  that's a fact a lot of liberals just fucking love to ignore.  when a corporation pays no tax that could mean a whole lot of things.  trust me you guys.  the IRS gets their money from these guys.  and as a tax accountant.  to hear non tax people say "tax loophole" infuriates us to no end.  please.......PLEASE..... ..PLEASE tell me which tax loophole that you take issue with and we can discuss it like two intelligent people.  loopholes do exist.  there are not very many anymore.  99% of the time when someone says a corporation paid no tax because of a tax loophole and they don't go into detail about which section of the IRC that the corporation took advantage of, they have no idea what they're talking about and if you look into the tax situation at hand they're usually completely wrong.  

a perfect example is facebook.  when a bunch of 2nd rate liberal editorialists with no knowledge of tax wrote about Facebook paying no taxes because of a "tax loophole".  what they fail to mention was Zuckerburg's tax return that same year.  It was smoke and mirror journalism intentionally meant to prey on uninformed readers to and to intentionally spread misinformation.  it was pathetic.  I've heard that most tax professors use the Facebook case as their introductory story on why you can't trust newspapers to teach you about tax law. I would.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAH!!

Oh yeah. It's so much better now.

Obamatheclown reports that 6 million are covered now by crapcare. When in reality most of those people are being put into medicare and qualified for it even under the old rules. And all the other haven't EVEN PAID FOR COVERAGE. You don't have coverage until you pay.

Out of the 7 million that have lost coverage only 1/3 have obtained coverage via crapcare albeit at higher premiums, higher deductibles, losing their doctor and hospital. And the other 2/3 are to be covered by those crappy policies for another 2 years. That's if the states they are in decide to go along with the delay.

They will clearly fail at obtaining 7 million people covered by crapcare by March. Covered by crapcare approved policies, NOT MEDICARE. The white house is using the medicare enrollees to inflate the actual figures.

It is so bad right now.

Yet, these libtards will paint a picture of success. Liberalism is a mental disease.
You are quite a bitter person.  Are you suggesting that the 13 million + people with cancer alone are better off before the ACA?  The ACA permits these people to get insurance.  It's projected that 41% of people will develop cancer in the US.  40+ americans have no insurance pre-ACA.  Many of those people will develop cancer.  Without the ACA, they are screwed.

Can you admit the ACA's removal of pre-existing conditions as a bar to coverage is a good thing?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
You are quite a bitter person.  Are you suggesting that the 13 million + people with cancer alone are better off before the ACA?  The ACA permits these people to get insurance.  It's projected that 41% of people will develop cancer in the US.  40+ americans have no insurance pre-ACA.  Many of those people will develop cancer.  Without the ACA, they are screwed.

Can you admit the ACA's removal of pre-existing conditions as a bar to coverage is a good thing?
that was available without the other shit show measures that obamacare put in place.

The idea that we as a country are better off now than before is just fucking assinine and intellectually dishonest.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »

About half of the new millionaires work for it, the other half inherit it.  A timeworn rationale for taxation is to counter the accumulation of capital to the extent that we have a new Bourgeois / noble class.  We don't want an entire segment of society composed of Paris Hiltons.

"...[P]olitics is the shadow cast by big business." (Dewey)  The system is rigged in favor of the moneyed elites.  There's no two ways around that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »
About half of the new millionaires work for it, the other half inherit it.  A timeworn rationale for taxation is to counter the accumulation of capital to the extent that we have a new Bourgeois / noble class.  We don't want an entire segment of society composed of Paris Hiltons.

"...[P]olitics is the shadow cast by big business." (Dewey)  The system is rigged in favor of the moneyed elites.  There's no two ways around that.
please cite your source for half inherit it

LMFAO I think you like most ignorant libtards misconstrue the facts. The system is not rigged one way or the other.

Is it rigging the system for a wealthy person to hire a tutor for their kid?

How about to send them to a private school?

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »
please cite your source for half inherit it

LMFAO I think you like most ignorant libtards misconstrue the facts. The system is not rigged one way or the other.

Is it rigging the system for a wealthy person to hire a tutor for their kid?

How about to send them to a private school?
You're just acting out your authoritarian impulses.  You can't really help it, can you?
About 1/3 of new millionaires inherit their fortune and that number reaches about half(less than) for trust fund kids who receive their dollars via family even though the parents aren't dead yet.  It's called a living inheritance.

So take breath and drawback because the majority of new millionaires still earn it through various criminal enterprises and hard work.

You are such a bitter person.  The rage you consume and exude is something to behold.  Textbook narcissist authoritarian personality.

The system is rigged:  family connections, nepotism, money buys privilege and a head start for the privileged. 

This is a class based society.  The rich are not like you or me.  You spend a vast amount of your time trumpeting rightwing nonsense fed to you by think tanks funded by the people that own you, that own your market, your politicians and your country.  You work for them. Don't ever forget that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 11:57:45 AM »
You're just acting out your authoritarian impulses.  You can't really help it, can you?
About 1/3 of new millionaires inherit their fortune and that number reaches about half(less than) for trust fund kids who receive their dollars via family even though the parents aren't dead yet.  It's called a living inheritance.

So take breath and drawback because the majority of new millionaires still earn it through various criminal enterprises and hard work.

You are such a bitter person.  The rage you consume and exude is something to behold.  Textbook narcissist authoritarian personality.

The system is rigged:  family connections, nepotism, money buys privilege and a head start for the privileged. 

This is a class based society.  The rich are not like you or me.  You spend a vast amount of your time trumpeting rightwing nonsense fed to you by think tanks funded by the people that own you, that own your market, your politicians and your country.  You work for them. Don't ever forget that.
so it was 50% now its 33% and you still have no citation for your claim?

then you resort to attacking me and saying I am consumed by rage.

It must really bother you that I a person born middle class will become a millionaire through hard work and you a lazy gimmick on a message board will continue to blame people like me for your short comings.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
that was available without the other shit show measures that obamacare put in place.

The idea that we as a country are better off now than before is just fucking assinine and intellectually dishonest.
No it wasn't.  If you had insurance and developed cancer and a 'death panel' decided on whether your coverage would apply, that was the best thing available under the old regime.  IF you had no coverage like 45 million americans and developed cancer, private insurers can and did deny your coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition.

So no, that was not "available without the other shit show measures that obamacare put in place."  In other words, you're flat out wrong.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »
No it wasn't.  If you had insurance and developed cancer and a 'death panel' decided on whether your coverage would apply, that was the best thing available under the old regime.  IF you had no coverage like 45 million americans and developed cancer, private insurers can and did deny your coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition.

So no, that was not "available without the other shit show measures that obamacare put in place."  In other words, you're flat out wrong.
actually the reps were willing to pass the no pre existing conditions clause seperately so yes it was available without the rest of the shit show.

FredHayekowski

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
so it was 50% now its 33% and you still have no citation for your claim?

then you resort to attacking me and saying I am consumed by rage.

It must really bother you that I a person born middle class will become a millionaire through hard work and you a lazy gimmick on a message board will continue to blame people like me for your short comings.
All I've seen from you is your badmouthing anyone disagreeing with your childish statements.  You cite nothing.  You just state things.  So welcome to the party big guy.

1/3 is inheritance and the balance taking that number to a little less than 50% is living inheritance--steady income from rich parents.  But you didn't read that the first time and you probably won't read it the second time.  You can't help it.  That's how you are.

Where's your citation for your assertion?  I know where mine is.  Why don't you put your money where your mouth is for once in your life and show me something?  Come on.  You're smart.