Author Topic: NFL Combine  (Read 8516 times)

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Re: NFL Combine
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
I guess we will see.   Tebow killed it in the SEC also... but once that scrambling thing proved ineffective (and it always does...) he was a shitty QB.  I think that if Manziel was able to LOCK DOWN and work like crazy - I mean, peyton manning level of workhorse - he could be a solid pro...

But I don't see that happening.  The way he was bullying the texans into picking him... he's so cocky, and he's short, and he runs when he should pass.   RG3 had the big ego, so did Tebow (yes, tebow did).   it was all about them, and they ran when they shouldn't, and they slowed down bigtime as a result.  

manziel will sell jerseys and be the lead story on some shitty 3-13 team.... it'll be great for ratings, but so was tebow, and he's out of the league now.  Manziel is short, immature, and likes to run.  I can't see anyone looking at those 3 factors and trying to defend it with some "but he's a winner, he's amazing, he's creative, he has the IT factor..."

The "IT" factor doesn't last long when some 265 pound linebacker blindsides him.   The minute he has some tweak in his knee, week 3 of the pre-season, suddenly he is all arm and highly predictable.  he's a bust.

If you compare Tebow to Manziel you know nothing about football? Did you even play past high school? I will mark this thread and remind you in about 8 months. Manziel can throw the ball you dumbass

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
Fucking A!
Javeveon Clowney just ran the 40 in 4.47 and he weighs 266lbs!

...faster then a lot of the WR and RB'S.

Not bad :o

Faster than Manziel :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
Get a grip. I know the deal. Just saying, is all.

I know ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
Clowney is a freak. 4.47-4.48 40 is faster than shit especially with someone that big. Unfortunately, despite that the 40 is a benchmark test, coaches and scouts are more interested in the 10 yard split than an overall 40 time. Clowney's I think was 1.56. That's explosive as fuck!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »
Combine = Joke

Football dweebs sit on bar stools from coast to coast swilling designer beer and wings watching this chit.

Even the reporters consider this exercise in "fantacy football live" a joke. Amazing athletes are being ignored by the sports press while one guy, Sam, had over 100 reporters elbowing each other to get closer.

225 for reps? Speed between cones. Their are no bench presses or cones on the field. Just get me a big fella with decent speed and guts to block for me…OK?

The highly paid scouts have already picked their guys for the bossman. Let the pads collide. Lets play Fen football already.
I feel this way as well. Its like hiring a guy based on how ue dresses, you have no idea if he is actually knowledgable or has work ethic or real skills, or just knows what to do to impress the guy hiring him.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 01:44:31 PM »
I feel this way as well. Its like hiring a guy based on how ue dresses, you have no idea if he is actually knowledgable or has work ethic or real skills, or just knows what to do to impress the guy hiring him.

I agree but I still like when they put up crazy numbers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
If you compare Tebow to Manziel you know nothing about football? Did you even play past high school? I will mark this thread and remind you in about 8 months. Manziel can throw the ball you dumbass

tebow didn't have the mental ability to process plays fast enough.   He did well when defenses didn't look out for him - in that first month, guys would be double teaming the deep receiver, believing he could actually hit them on passes.   Once they learned he was inaccurate, they started attacking him and his run was very ineffective suddenly.

Manziel is short.  He's lazy.  He gets over-emotional and taunts other players on the field.  Off the field, he broke some rules with autographs.  He was drunk a lot, and he's underage.  He showed up for Manning QB camp still drunk.  He's fast but 2 steps behind all the new good QBs in the 40 video compilations.  He ain't RG3 when he turned on the jets. 

Tebow was a one-sided player (granted, he ran OVER people instead of around them like manziel).  But once the defenses attack him and put a few licks on him, he'll be ineffective.  They have that in common.  I'm not talking personalities, Tebow is simple and has a big ego, but he wasn't drinking and breaking law like JM.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »
tebow didn't have the mental ability to process plays fast enough.   He did well when defenses didn't look out for him - in that first month, guys would be double teaming the deep receiver, believing he could actually hit them on passes.   Once they learned he was inaccurate, they started attacking him and his run was very ineffective suddenly.

Manziel is short.  He's lazy.  He gets over-emotional and taunts other players on the field.  Off the field, he broke some rules with autographs.  He was drunk a lot, and he's underage.  He showed up for Manning QB camp still drunk.  He's fast but 2 steps behind all the new good QBs in the 40 video compilations.  He ain't RG3 when he turned on the jets. 

Tebow was a one-sided player (granted, he ran OVER people instead of around them like manziel).  But once the defenses attack him and put a few licks on him, he'll be ineffective.  They have that in common.  I'm not talking personalities, Tebow is simple and has a big ego, but he wasn't drinking and breaking law like JM.
are you nuts, he's a lot of things but lazy isn't one.  Kid is one of the hardest workers on the team at practices.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2014, 06:49:24 AM »
 ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »
Mark my words.  Manziel is a total bust in the making.  It won't be his football ability that will ruin him but it will be his off the field life.  He loves partying, living it up and being a celebrity.  He is another Mark Sanchez in the making.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2014, 07:43:41 AM »
The bench translate nothing into athletic performance. There are guys that punch like mules that couldn't bench 225lbs and 500lbs bench guys that punch like pillows.

If you consider a power clean then you can translate that into vertical leap and sprinting ability. Football is a sport that requires power that is a separate yet related attribute than strength.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
The bench translate nothing into athletic performance. There are guys that punch like mules that couldn't bench 225lbs and 500lbs bench guys that punch like pillows.

If you consider a power clean then you can translate that into vertical leap and sprinting ability. Football is a sport that requires power that is a separate yet related attribute than strength.

Slightly disagree. The bench press measures not only physical strength, but endurance too...especially for lineman that use their arms quite often in the trenches to gain leverage and position against their opponent. As far as the skill positions go, I agree with what you say.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
Mark my words.  Manziel is a total bust in the making.  It won't be his football ability that will ruin him but it will be his off the field life.  He loves partying, living it up and being a celebrity.  He is another Mark Sanchez in the making.

I'm leaning this way also. I don't think he'll have the work ethic to be a good NFL QB. The best thing that could happen to him is to get on a team and not start for a couple of years and learn. But that doesn't look like it's going to happen. He'll get on a really shitty team and start from jump street and get crushed. He'll have a couple of games where the announcers will soil themselves talking about how great the kid is going to be like they did with Tebow but without work ethic, it probably won't amount to nothing. They say Tony Romo wants to play pro golf. To be a pro golfer the amount of practice it takes is like no other "sport". Romo today is a really good golfer. Which means he is playing and practicing at golf now more than he is practicing football. Which is way he never got better as a quarterback.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »
I'm leaning this way also. I don't think he'll have the work ethic to be a good NFL QB. The best thing that could happen to him is to get on a team and not start for a couple of years and learn. But that doesn't look like it's going to happen. He'll get on a really shitty team and start from jump street and get crushed. He'll have a couple of games where the announcers will soil themselves talking about how great the kid is going to be like they did with Tebow but without work ethic, it probably won't amount to nothing. They say Tony Romo wants to play pro golf. To be a pro golfer the amount of practice it takes is like no other "sport". Romo today is a really good golfer. Which means he is playing and practicing at golf now more than he is practicing football. Which is way he never got better as a quarterback.

Romo is a better golf player than he is a football player.  he is a scratch to below par golf player.  He played the US Open field and was a few under a couple years back.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
Manziel barely has the tools to be a good NFL pro QB.   Barely tall enough.  Very scrawny.

I could see betting on him, IF he had some amazing work ethic, was focused and had the right attitude.

however, he has that entitled attitude.  He breaks rules.  He taunts on the field.  He shows up at rivals schools parties wasted.  He shows up at peyton manning camp still drunk in the AM. 

Now, MAYBE he'll magically find the inner discipline and maturity that he lacked just days ago when he dared texans not to draft him... maybe if he had a 6'6" frame with an amazing arm... but he's a small dude, already that's one strike against him.   He had the best O-line in the country, so yeah, he had plenty of time to get magical back there without getting smashed.   Imagine Demarcus Ware catching his scrambling ass. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2014, 12:49:58 PM »
Manziel barely has the tools to be a good NFL pro QB.   Barely tall enough.  Very scrawny.

I could see betting on him, IF he had some amazing work ethic, was focused and had the right attitude.

however, he has that entitled attitude.  He breaks rules.  He taunts on the field.  He shows up at rivals schools parties wasted.  He shows up at peyton manning camp still drunk in the AM. 

Now, MAYBE he'll magically find the inner discipline and maturity that he lacked just days ago when he dared texans not to draft him... maybe if he had a 6'6" frame with an amazing arm... but he's a small dude, already that's one strike against him.   He had the best O-line in the country, so yeah, he had plenty of time to get magical back there without getting smashed.   Imagine Demarcus Ware catching his scrambling ass. 

Ware had surgery, but if Manziel gets drafted by the Jags he'll get the honor of being smashed by mathis and watt 4 times a year.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
Romo is a better golf player than he is a football player.  he is a scratch to below par golf player.  He played the US Open field and was a few under a couple years back.

Yes very good golfer. To be the kind of golfer he is, it takes up almost all his time away from the football field. Time he should be using to become a better football player imop.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »
Ron Jaworski said Manziel's mechanics are not what is needed to be successful in the NFL.  he's not consistent either.

Jaws said Manziel shouldn't be drafted in the first THREE rounds, but probably will be pushed up because that's what they do to QBs.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »
Ron Jaworski said Manziel's mechanics are not what is needed to be successful in the NFL.  he's not consistent either.

Jaws said Manziel shouldn't be drafted in the first THREE rounds, but probably will be pushed up because that's what they do to QBs.

It's all about system.  If he goes somewhere with a coach who builds a system around him instead of forcing him into one, has a decent O-Line and recievers then he might be better than average.  but if he goes to a team with a shit O-line and a coach who wants him to be a pocket passer, dude is going to get smoked.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »

What are you Teddy Bridgewaters agent or something ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

not that I think the kid is gonna be a star, but your obsession wirh stats it retarded.

oh, hes not tall enough, hes only 6'whatever, not 6'9",he wont be good...

Fucking wilson is short and he just won the super bowl against arguably the best QB in history.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »
What we are still disecting the Combine? Good grief…..I just love NFL fans.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
not that I think the kid is gonna be a star, but your obsession wirh stats it retarded.

oh, hes not tall enough, hes only 6'whatever, not 6'9",he wont be good...

Fucking wilson is short and he just won the super bowl against arguably the best QB in history.

I think if Manziel could play for Seattle, he would be a star. He wouldn't really have to do much because the defense would control the games and Manziel wouldn't have a lot of pressure on him. However he's gonna probably play for a shitty team and is most likely going to feel the pressure on day 1. Wilson is in the perfect situation to grow at his own pace...

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
;D

To many nitric oxide boosters.  ;D
A