Author Topic: Never Sore  (Read 2842 times)

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
Never Sore
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
My little bro, hes 19 now, he trains pretty intense. I mean I've been training a few years and I think he can out train me. Anyway, hes about 155lbs with 7-8% b/f, so hes a lean kid. Question is though, he complains about almost never being sore anymore. His chest will be slightly tender, same with traps. His legs are the only thing that get sore anymore, but not like they used to. He takes in at least 175g of protein a day no questions asked, and hes only been doing that for maybe a month. Before that hed experience good DOMS, but now its practically none. Is this due to his protein being higher that in the past?

He should seriously be sore as hell, I trained arms with him last week, and shit...kid trains harder than I thought. For example, we did 4 pyramiding sets of hammer curls, then a 5th set of going down the rack...he did the 40s down to the 20s non stop and went to failure each time. I followed that and omg, next day my biceps were screaming like never before, which I liked. I should train with my lil bro more often thats for sure.

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Never Sore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 01:43:23 AM »
After time and time of training your body becomes used to training.Does he change his routine or stick with the same one?i've been weightlifting for 8 years and i've noticed that I have to change it up more and more. He also might just have good genetics and might have to train a little harder.Tear it up! :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 02:09:03 AM »
i dont think soreness is a good measurement of anything anyway. as long as he's growing and getting stronger or whatever goal he has it's all good
Z

txhulk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 02:20:31 AM »
I agree :)

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:29:36 AM »
Cool, I think your brother may be like myself in that respect. I had made a thread called Muscle Soreness in which I said things about my own situation in regards to this.I actually think it may be the nutrition aspect of it as my own diet I feel is very good in regards to my training but like I mentioned on another thread I have no choice being a diabetic but my diets since I started training as a kid were always well  thought out in regards to getting all the nutrients my body needs.The most I well get is a dull ache in my muscles but never at all anything that will hinder day to day activities.The first week back of training however is a week of torturous pain which I don't mind at all but really hate stairs when it comes to the lower body (legs)  >:(.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 06:24:22 AM »
Being tender is still a good sign. The protein intake is a positive & isn't related to soreness IMO.

You should experiment with some new approaches over the next few months, each for a few weeks each. Keep those that work.

First, try working out with him some of the time on a regular basis. Also try some new exercises-hammers are fine but aren't the best direct bicep exercise (alternatives listed in the exercise data base at the top of the Training page). Try supersetting two exercises for the same muscle, try higher or lower rep ranges, try varying the number of workouts for each muscle per week, try using intensity techniques like partials, cheats, rest-pauses, negatives, etc., at the end of some sets.

Use each for a few weeks and keep those that work. List of exercises:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php/topic,19069.0.html

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 10:21:58 AM »
Soreness means nothing.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »
Soreness likely corresponds to progress, even if it hasn't been substantiated (yet).

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »
yeah i don't think you have to be sore to make gains....i guess you just feel better about yourself if you are sore.
bodybuildersreality.com

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »
I'm going to train with him a little more now, I like his style.

Hes gonna change it up a bit. at least the exercises, the frequency I dont know, the kid does shit load of sets not even counting drop sets or super sets. Which is why I really wondered why he never gets sore. I wish I was 19 again, but shit I'm only early 20s and I cant believe a few years make that big of a difference.

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 10:39:58 AM »
I wish I was 19 again.....and I can't believe a few years make that big of a difference.

Don't we all wish that--- and as far as the years----just wait.....LOL

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 10:41:12 AM »
Age doesn't make that much difference, IMO. At least not in to your early 40s, from my experience. The rest is mental.  :D

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »
a lot could be hapining.
some times the mined learns to ignor the pain. this hapins a lot when it is self inflickted. as stated earlyer his body could just be geting used to it. or he could just be a tuff person. it all depends realy
unknown

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
a lot could be hapining.
some times the mined learns to ignor the pain. this hapins a lot when it is self inflickted. as stated earlyer his body could just be geting used to it. or he could just be a tuff person. it all depends realy

SPELLCHECK

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 02:15:50 PM »
im dislexick so sue me
unknown

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 06:33:17 PM »
Age doesn't make that much difference, IMO. At least not in to your early 40s, from my experience. The rest is mental.  :D

I was commenting on..  to be 19 again, but since I am only 21, ;)  I guess it's not too bad--- LOL