Author Topic: Any of you fellas take a break from lifting to try p90x  (Read 2943 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Any of you fellas take a break from lifting to try p90x
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:31:20 AM »
And do one of those DVD workout programs like insanity, p90x?  What were the results?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Any of you fellas take a break from lifting to try p90x
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
I was in a gym at work and guys were doing P90X. It's not an easy program even though they say you can go at your own pace. My son does insanity and running. Again not an easy program. Though as in anything it's how hard it is depends on how hard you push yourself. I think anyone who pushes through either program will get into great shape and lean. No magic to either one but a lot of work with a small amount of rest.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »
I was in a gym at work and guys were doing P90X. It's not an easy program even though they say you can go at your own pace. My son does insanity and running. Again not an easy program. Though as in anything it's how hard it is depends on how hard you push yourself. I think anyone who pushes through either program will get into great shape and lean. No magic to either one but a lot of work with a small amount of rest.

yep it's no easy work,i started out with p90x and found out it's too taxing and switch to regular bb lifting instead.
T

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:34 AM »
Looks tiring.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 12:21:37 PM »
i'd tried several of the workouts on occasion as a change of pace... i've really enjoyed the challenge and focus on joint health

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
And do one of those DVD workout programs like insanity, p90x?  What were the results?

I did RushFit - loved it

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »
There are a lot of good athletes who just use body weight stuff. Athletes from boxers, wrestlers, MMA, and football players can be found to just use body weight stuff. Bodybuilders put it down but it can be some brutal stuff. There is no weight lifting in elite military when they are going through their basic. Here's some information from a guy that really knows his stuff and he's legit. He's no media created bull shit trainer but someone who seriously workouts out hard. He started off as a boxer. Then became a conditioning coach for boxers before he branched off into his various books. http://www.rosstraining.com/nevergymless.html