Author Topic: GMO FOODS  (Read 9770 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: GMO FOODS
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 12:26:31 AM »
Cancer rates have remained steady since GMOs came on the market.  Why do you think they cause cancer?

Why risk it when we don't know enough about them long term? ???

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 12:37:17 AM »
Why risk it when we don't know enough about them long term? ???

Well you have to weight it with possible benefits.  They have been on the market now for around 17 years or so and there is no evidence proving any kind of harm.  If there was and it could be duplicated by other scientist then they wouldn't be around.  That being said unfortunately you can't prove a negative and 100% prove them to be safe or anything else for that matter.  Like the pink unicorn analogy.  You could tell me there are invisible pink unicorns walking around us all the time and I couldn't prove you wrong.  I could only show that it is probably not likely. 

GMO seeds are rather expensive and the farmers that use them use them for a reason.  They allow them to produce more food on less land often using less pesticide for example in the case of BT corn or cotton.  I know the anti GMO people will deny this but large scale farmers are not idiots and would not use much more expensive seed if they could get the same or better yield or results using non GMO seeds.   The anti GMO movement keeps moving the goalpost.  They used to claim that yes, GMOs do produce more, but they are not worth it.  Then that changed to they produce the same and no reason to use them.  When that didn't work now they produce less, destroy everything, kill fluffy kitties etc. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 12:42:21 AM »
They allow them to produce more food on less land often using less pesticide for example in the case of BT corn or cotton.  I know the anti GMO people will deny this but large scale farmers are not idiots and would not use much more expensive seed if they could get the same or better yield or results using non GMO seeds.   The anti GMO movement keeps moving the goalpost.  They used to claim that yes, GMOs do produce more, but they are not worth it.  Then that changed to they produce the same and no reason to use them.  When that didn't work now they produce less, destroy everything, kill fluffy kitties etc. 

Yeah, I can't argue with that. If they weren't more hearty and easier to grow farmers obviously wouldn't love them so much.

It's not too expensive though to avoid GMO, most people waste more money on garbage. You guys let me know how it turns out.  ;D

I'm glad they set up that seed storage cave in Northern Europe.

Ace

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »
This whole world will remain a puzzle unless we learn true history and true science (everything out there has been modified to suit an agenda).

GMO foods

The main characteristic of the DNA of any human species offshoot, or in our case as a hybrid specie, is that it adapts and changes according to it's environment.

So, if you wanna tweak with the DNA as in modifying it according to your own agenda, you need to control the outside and the inside of the person. The outside is a little easier to understand. The inside, is comprised of the mind and the food/drink as in literally and figuratively "inside". I will focus on the food.

The GMO are basically hybrid, GMO species of plants. The plants feed humans, insects and animals. The insects feed the animals and humans and the animals, plants and insects feed the humans.

Basically you modify the food/water source both by a long and complex hybridization process and by radionically imprinting it in order to modify the DNA.

The motives are complex and need a LOT of explanation that spans true history and a lot more things.

So, GMO foods are BAD for you because they are GMO with a purpose and obviously is not for your benefit. Everything public on this planet is an incredibly calculated and strategically placed lie.

The human DNA is designed to retain whatever it can use and flush the unusable. But ... they fuck with you in every single way you can imagine and in some ways you cannot imagine. From imprinting mind-patterns, to ELF and micro-wave bombardment, or just about any method to program and control the mind.

There is a war against your mind fought for millennia, and it is part of a sinister agenda. By whom and why? That is another story.

Nowadays it's getting harder and harder to find suitable foods for the human body. In bodybuilding we see the effect on the bodies .. the shitty foods and the shittier and shittier drugs and drug choices produce worse and worse looking bodies with a shorter shelf life.

People ,overall, look much worse and unhealthy than just a few short decades ago. Nothing's by accident.

Ignorance is our worst enemy.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:54 AM »
Ψ

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »
Perfectly fine and advantageous as they will be more disease resistant, hence less pesticides will be used
Only up to a certain point. If a company could make a plant completely disease resistant, it would not sell its pesticides anymore. These companies are not here to prevent diseases and stop world hunger, they only want to make a profit.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 03:06:41 AM »
Only up to a certain point. If a company could make a plant completely disease resistant, it would not sell its pesticides anymore. These companies are not here to prevent diseases and stop world hunger, they only want to make a profit.

Bertha butt boogie!  I secretly put that song on every disk of music I burn for my friends.  It's my go to song bomb.

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 03:20:01 AM »
Small tip: Scientific articles > Youtube & "instincts".
Team Nasser!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 03:22:57 AM »
Perfectly fine and advantageous as they will be more disease resistant, hence less pesticides will be used and also nutrient content can be made much higher.  Shelf life can also be increased and the growing season can be extended as well as larger crop yield.

This is factually wrong. There is an apparent, recognized problem with GMO crops. GMO of soy and corn are specifically modified to be resistant to pesticides so that more pesticides can be used, and more must be used because the weeds also become stronger and more resistant by natural selection. They have even had to approve variants of agent orange again for food crops. They are running out of herbicides.

I get all the projected benefits they were talking about, but this is the reality.

I also don't think it's a good idea to spread in the wild seeds that are not viable more than one generation, have DNA delivering viruses in them, or produce their own pesticide. If they start replacing natural seeds in nature it can lead to imbalances at the least and then there is no way back. It's pretty much unknown. That seed vault in Norway is for this reason, even Monsanto would admit that.

There are at least slight negative health effects in all the animal studies. I don't know how real the studies are that claim cancer, but for some reason internal organs of farm animals fed GMO crops are damaged to some extent.

Personally I have started to avoid GMO.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 03:23:32 AM »
boom. Which is fine, but the ruthless way monsanto hoed sbout stamping out or bully farmers who dont use GMO using their legal department is just wrong.

Give the 3rd worlders dieing of starvation GMO... ill pay a little more for non-gmo stuff.

too bad organic means jack shit in the US.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:02 AM »
Bertha butt boogie!  I secretly put that song on every disk of music I burn for my friends.  It's my go to song bomb.

Right on!  ;D

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »
You might be right, but I avoid GMO whenever I can.

I also hate the idea that GMO pollen with who knows what kind of modifications is blowing around contaminating every natural plant. Monsanto has sued and shuts down tons of farmers for licensing when their neighboring field gets contaminated with GMO.

Russia is banning GMO

You are right to hate Monsanto.  But you should hate your government more. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »
GMOs suck bud the sad truth is manking is growing faster in population and living longet than ever without enough nautral resoures to sustain the growth.  Without GMOs the world wouldn't be able to maintain itself at its current pace.  Sure they suck and are the devil but they are helping farmers yeild more food in quicker times with less resources.  people bitch and complain about GMOs but love paying .69 cents a pound for bananas, would like to see how much they complain if GMOs were eliminated but they were pahing $4.99 a pound for bananas instead, or how about $20 for a bag of 10 torillas or $15 for a small bag of rice.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
It should be illegal to call that crap food. It is poison ...pure & simple.

Corn has been so modified to such an extent it is no longer considered a vegetable. It's now officially been classified as an insecticide.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
GMOs suck bud the sad truth is manking is growing faster in population and living longet than ever without enough nautral resoures to sustain the growth.  Without GMOs the world wouldn't be able to maintain itself at its current pace.  Sure they suck and are the devil but they are helping farmers yeild more food in quicker times with less resources.  people bitch and complain about GMOs but love paying .69 cents a pound for bananas, would like to see how much they complain if GMOs were eliminated but they were pahing $4.99 a pound for bananas instead, or how about $20 for a bag of 10 torillas or $15 for a small bag of rice.

There is no food shortage. There is enough food for everyone on the planet.
The challenge comes in its distribution. Farmers are paid NOT to produce crops, ...others let them rot in the field
w

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »
It should be illegal to call that crap food. It is poison ...pure & simple.

Corn has been so modified to such an extent it is no longer considered a vegetable. It's now officially been classified as an insecticide.

That is complete BS.  Last I checked, it is still a vegetable.  Unless your a specific corn eating worm with an alkaline based digestive system, you have nothing to worry about from the BT protein.  That is why organic farmers spay a whole lot of it.  YES there are organic registered pesticides that organic farmers use and the BT protein is one of them.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »

That is complete BS.  Last I checked, it is still a vegetable.  Unless your a specific corn eating worm with an alkaline based digestive system, you have nothing to worry about from the BT protein.  That is why organic farmers spay a whole lot of it.  YES there are organic registered pesticides that organic farmers use and the BT protein is one of them.

Read the the rational wiki entry you posted. Pretty interesting read. Thanks for posting

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »
boom. Which is fine, but the ruthless way monsanto hoed sbout stamping out or bully farmers who dont use GMO using their legal department is just wrong.

Give the 3rd worlders dieing of starvation GMO... ill pay a little more for non-gmo stuff.

too bad organic means jack shit in the US.

Another load of BS.  Monsanto doesn't go around suing farmers for no reason.  That would be a horrible business practice to sue your customers.  They sue farmers that steal and only do it when they have a whole lot of evidence.  That is why they have never lost a single court case.  When 90% of your whole crop is GMO, it is not because a few seeds blew in there.  Farmers sign a contract before they can use GMO seeds and one of the items is they won't reuse seed and buy new seed every year.  Farmers don't like the contract, they can buy their seeds from someone else.  There are many other companies that have the same rules.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »
Another load of BS.  Monsanto doesn't go around suing farmers for no reason.  That would be a horrible business practice to sue your customers.  They sue farmers that steal and only do it when they have a whole lot of evidence.  That is why they have never lost a single court case.  When 90% of your whole crop is GMO, it is not because a few seeds blew in there.  Farmers sign a contract before they can use GMO seeds and one of the items is they won't reuse seed and buy new seed every year.  Farmers don't like the contract, they can buy their seeds from someone else.  There are many other companies that have the same rules.  
Exactly!

Patents are very important.  Monsanto spends hundreds of millions of dollars in research and has the right to a patent.  I guess people feel like it should be a free service.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2014, 08:55:30 AM »
This is factually wrong. There is an apparent, recognized problem with GMO crops. GMO of soy and corn are specifically modified to be resistant to pesticides so that more pesticides can be used, and more must be used because the weeds also become stronger and more resistant by natural selection. They have even had to approve variants of agent orange again for food crops. They are running out of herbicides.

I get all the projected benefits they were talking about, but this is the reality.

I also don't think it's a good idea to spread in the wild seeds that are not viable more than one generation, have DNA delivering viruses in them, or produce their own pesticide. If they start replacing natural seeds in nature it can lead to imbalances at the least and then there is no way back. It's pretty much unknown. That seed vault in Norway is for this reason, even Monsanto would admit that.

There are at least slight negative health effects in all the animal studies. I don't know how real the studies are that claim cancer, but for some reason internal organs of farm animals fed GMO crops are damaged to some extent.

Personally I have started to avoid GMO.

1. They are modified to be resistant to a certain herbicide, not pesticide but I am sure that is just a mistype.  Glyphosate specifically "aka roundup."  Glyphosate has been used since the 70's and is by far the most popular herbicide due to its low toxicity and extreme effectiveness.  Yes, there are some glyphosate resistant weeds that have appeared but that is to be expected after over 40 years of use.  The same way bacteria eventually start becoming resistant to antibiotics.  Yes, there is a version being developed to be resistant to one of the two herbicides used in agent orange "agent orange was a 50/50 mixture of two different herbicides."  However that is Dow chemical working on that, not Monsanto.

2. I understand this point of view, but there has never been one case of any dna being modified by eating a GMO crop.  If it could happen, I think we would be in a whole lot of trouble and mutating everywhere.  I am not sure what you mean by viable for only one generation.  GMO seeds germinate the same as regular seeds do.  The seed vault in Norway and others have been around long before any GMO crops were introduced.  

3. Farmers feed their animals a whole lot of GMOs and have been doing it for a long time now.  Believe me farmers do not want sick animals "sick animals = loss of $" and if GMOs were making them sick, they would have stopped.  

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:44 AM »
Perfectly fine and advantageous as they will be more disease resistant, hence less pesticides will be used and also nutrient content can be made much higher.  Shelf life can also be increased and the growing season can be extended as well as larger crop yield.

do you any college education?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:19 AM »
I feed all my girlfriends GMO foods and milk with RBST.  I want these bitches to be thick

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
do you any college education?

[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBF1OOPdTo][/youtube]

David S. is a hardcore environmentalist wacko who also happens to be a scientist.  He by his own admission hasn't stepped foot in a lab in a long time.  He doesn't respond well to critics and normally doesn't take questions from people that disagree with him.  Hence this happened.  http://www.torontosun.com/2013/09/27/down-under-blunder-david-suzuki-unmasked-as-a-know-nothing-huckster-on-australian-tv

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »
Cancer rates have remained steady since GMOs came on the market.  Why do you think they cause cancer?

I don't think so, but at least with his predisposition you'd think he might want to be a little more cautious.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
I don't think so, but at least with his predisposition you'd think he might want to be a little more cautious.
Predisposition?  My mom had lung cancer and did it to herself basically.