Author Topic: Globe Gripz Review  (Read 4286 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Globe Gripz Review
« on: March 03, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »
First things first.  I am not affiliated with this company, I am not getting any money or any kick backs.

I had asked Matt if I can try out Globe Gripz and post my review here and sure enough he pm'd me and mailed me a set for free to try.  I even offered to pay for shipping and he refused.
At first when I received them I wasn’t sure what to do.  They are about the size of a baseball with a slit down the middle to slide on barbell, dumbbells or cable attachments.  They are solidly constructed of a super heavy rubber compound.  They are not foam crap but are solid and designed to last a while.  They have a stickiness to them that is great to not slip during exercises.  I wasn’t sure what the best way to use them was so I emailed Matt and he sent me some youtube links posted at the bottom ( that's not me in the videos, these are ones Matt sent me)..  That’s when I realized how I can use them.  I’ll list out the uses I tried.

Chest

For chest I tried on the bench but didn’t feel my grip to be secure enough since I workout alone and didn’t want to risk dropping the bar on me.  So I did regular bench but then tried these on the cable machine.  They allowed me to grab the handles in a total different way that I was used to.  After trying a couple different angles I found it to allow me to focus more on my chest and barely worry about my grip.  They felt solid throughout.  The surprising thing wasn’t until the next day when I felt my forearm muscles to be sore.  This has never happened after a chest day.  I have also tried doing flies and love the way you can hold the dumbbell in a totally different way without having to change the orientation of the dumbbell itself.

Back

For back I tried them on wide grip pulldowns but didn’t feel I was solid with it so I switched to underhand pulldowns and it was perfect.  Instead of typically holding your hands facing you, they were angled half way.  I was able to get a wicked stretch and it turned my normal straight bar into a parallel grip bar without needing more equipment.
I then used them on the D grip for seated rows and the pull an stretch was fantastic.  I knew there’d be a dip in the amount of weight I would be able to lift but it wasn’t too bad at all.  After a couple workouts I’m using the same weights before but also strengthening my grip.

Arms

This is where the true beauty of this product shines. I’ve given up on straight bar curls for a while because they killed my wrists.  I tried it with these grips and is allowed me to grab the bar at an angle that eased the wrist pain.  The forearm pumps were sick.
I then used them at the end of a short bar as shown in one of the videos below and was able to have a parallel grip that allowed me to do curls that just blasted my biceps.  The burn and pump was amazing.

For triceps I used them at the end of the short bar and used a parallel grip for pushdowns.  It was killer.  My triceps were on fire with far less weight than I normally use.  I tried single hand pressdowns with the single handle and it was perfect.  
Arms is where this product truly shined.

Shoulders

I always hated to do side laterals because my wrists would get a shooting pain near the top of the movement (too much cracking off ???)  but with these I’m able to keep the dumbbell in the same orientation but use a different grip and it eased the pain allowing me to get a great pump on my shoulders.
I also used them for upright rows and the ability to change positions allowed me to vary my movement and feel a total new way to do this exercise.

Summary
Although these can be considered pricy, $40 is nothing considering this product can transform a simple straight bar into a variety of bars.  It allows you to keep a minimal amount of equipment but use it like you never have before.
Now I started this thread posting I am not getting any kick back, but to be honest I told Matt that to post this review if he would hookup anyone from getbig with a 5% discount.  He said no and offered a 10% discount instead.  He is a cool guy trying to invent things for guys like us who love to lift but as time goes on are getting a little extra wear and tear on our joints.  These are the guys we should be supporting and not some con artists selling supplements that just make you shit.
I’m also going to post this on the Training board for serious discussions.
I’m going to continue using these and experiment in other ways I can change old boring exercise into new ones.
PM Matt at his getbig handle MattBem1 or check out his site www.GymProfessor.com  about ordering and the discount

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Globe Gripz Review
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »
El:

Have you also tried the Fat Gripz?
I'm curious how they compare from someone who's used both.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 05:41:29 PM »
Going to give these a try. Thanks for the write up!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
El:

Have you also tried the Fat Gripz?
I'm curious how they compare from someone who's used both.

I think I posted this on the G&O.  I've used similar grips like Fat Gripz, but all fat gripz does is thicken the bar, it doesn't change the angle of movements.  The Globes though allow you to grab a straight bar at infinite angles allowing you to change between sets without needing to move anything.  To me it's been the greatest benefit finding a more natural way of holding a straight bar than just the old fashioned way.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
I think I posted this on the G&O.  I've used similar grips like Fat Gripz, but all fat gripz does is thicken the bar, it doesn't change the angle of movements.  The Globes though allow you to grab a straight bar at infinite angles allowing you to change between sets without needing to move anything.  To me it's been the greatest benefit finding a more natural way of holding a straight bar than just the old fashioned way.

I see.
Thanks!

MattBem1

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
Thank you very much for the review El Diablo - it's always good to read the uses of them from others that train :).

If anyone has any queries at all, just let me know.

Cheers,

Matt