Author Topic: Dorian Looking Small  (Read 36856 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Dorian Looking Small
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 08:15:12 AM »
He's been to the heights of bodybuilding and you're wondering why he's not enthusiastic about doing it anymore.

I'm not a kids guy but come on, the most important thing to him right now has got to be his child (not appeasing douchebags who will never even look like he does now).

Anybody complaining about retired pro's shape is clearly a complete and utter imbecile. 

ah the closet mayhemers are here...let the name calling begin !

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »
That's the predictable response: "he was great", etc.

Looks like he's barely touched a weight. Retirement = not having to care.

How about a little pride in appearance?
Of course all 40 something U.K or U.S. men look like that just by eating chips and watching T.V. ::)
The Doc
The Dude Abides

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 08:22:40 AM »
He's retired.  At least he's still alive

retired ?  from what ?  the needle  ?  LOL :o

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »
That's the predictable response: "he was great", etc.

Looks like he's barely touched a weight. Retirement = not having to care.

How about a little pride in appearance?
Yes fuckin Ali looks like shit.  I can't believe he ain't still fighting

Joe Namath what a waste, I can't figure out why he isn't playing

Henry Aaron what a loser, you think he'd stay in baseball to make sure nobidy breaks his records

Arnold Palmer, what a pussy.  He can't even beat a guy named Tiger

John  McEnroe what the hell!  Why would you quit playing when he should be winning the U.S. Open every year

I don't understand why all these people don't keep competing till they die.  Oh! maybe cause they are RETIRED!  You can really tell when young people say things on these boards.  I was the same way when I was younger.  I could never imagine not going to the gym and notbeing the strongest guy wherever I went.  But, you know somethings happen and things change.  YOu young guys are going to go through the same thing.  It's great to be able to talk shit now and make fun of former greats, but the thing you have to realize is at least they got there.  At least they did what they set out to do.    I am willing to bet that 99% of the people on here ragging Dorian and others for looking so shitty now and how come they don't stay in shape have never competed, acheived a high status and are under 35 or 40.  It's easy to pinpoint ignorance

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2006, 08:27:11 AM »
Yes fuckin Ali looks like shit.  I can't believe he ain't still fighting

Henry Aaron what a loser, you think he'd stay in baseball to make sure nobidy breaks his records

Arnold Palmer, what a pussy.  He can't even beat a guy named Tiger

John  McEnroe what the hell!  Why would you quit playing when he should be winning the U.S. Open every year

I don't understand why all these people don't keep competing till they die.  Oh! maybe cause they are RETIRED!  You can really tell when young people say things on these boards.  I was the same way when I was younger.  I could never imagine not going to the gym and notbeing the strongest guy wherever I went.  But, you know somethings happen and things change.  YOu young guys are going to go through the same thing.  It's great to be able to talk shit now and make fun of former greats, but the thing you have to realize is at least they got there.  At least they did what they set out to do.    I am willing to bet that 99% of the people on here ragging Dorian and others for looking so shitty now and how come they don't stay in shape have never competed, acheived a high status and are under 35 or 40.  It's easy to pinpoint ignorance
pinpoint ?   LOL 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2006, 08:28:49 AM »
Maybe his diet isn't anymore what it uses to be.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2006, 08:32:17 AM »
Yes fuckin Ali looks like shit.  I can't believe he ain't still fighting

Arnold Palmer, what a pussy.

Those are really lame analogies-those guys are in their 60s, retired 30 years ago, Yates retired 8 years ago! You've just compared Yates with senior citizens, and underlined how rapidly he's deteriorated in his 40s.

Sad in that if there's a love of training, it shouldn't just blow away in the wind after the competition stops, particularly since "retirement's" usually in the late 30s. Some guys continue to take pride in themselves and can be smaller/natural and still impressive. I mean, if you love lifting, there's no reason to have to give up.

Here're some examples, guys close to 60.

As far as the flawed sprinting analogy, I'm sure Lewis can still do a 10.9 years later-the drop off hasn't been dramatic.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »
He's giving his body a reprive...did you expect him to megadose on drugs and further recruit injury...

lol  like a real sports hero huh ?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 08:44:47 AM »
I'd say Dorian is at ease w/his current physique and glad to be healthy and away from the lifestyle. Plus he's naturally still pretty thick.

I give Dorian props because he seems like a regular guy. He is retired, has a family and looks happy and healthy. No need to tear him down.
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
Agree with that, he seems more balanced, but that should include exercise.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 08:53:29 AM »
I give Dorian props because he seems like a regular guy. He is retired, has a family and looks happy and healthy. No need to tear him down.

lol  are you saying he's a target if he doesnt have a family ?  :o  nobody is tearing him down..it's a reality check

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »

Do you retards know how hard it is to eat six times per day and train twice per day. After you have being doing that for many years you get tired of it and you just want to keep in shape and not walk around weighing 300 lbs anyhow, maybe if you keyboard warriors get in the gym and actually workout you would understand.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »
My analogies were not meant to compare but rather just exhibit that we can't stay in championship form all our lives.  At some point you have to stop or look like a fool.  All these guys may be old now but they all retired in their 40's or earlier too except maybe Palmer.  The fact is you lose physical ability, mental toughness and even the drive to compete anymore.  That's a fact that sadly EVERY ONE of us will experience.  And, sometimes cicumstance occur that prevent you from doing what you loved for many years.

stomper

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 10:55:28 AM »
he was a six time mr. o show some respect what is he supposed to be contest shape his whole life?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »
he was a six time mr. o show some respect what is he supposed to be contest shape his whole life?

i have more respect for a fat opera singer like birgit nilsson who kicked the bucket at 87 last week.
she sang for 34 years not 6.

Nilsson believed that a singer needed "a natural voice, a good build, musicality,
good luck is also very important; good health and good physique," she continued

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »
Dorian is retired.  He's still probably bigger then most guys on here.
[img]http://ima

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2006, 11:38:01 AM »
lumpy elbow and monster tricep
   What is up with that?????
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 11:38:47 AM »
The dude tore both the biceps and the triceps on that arm you dipshits.

Check out the calves filling out his pants if you doubt he still has some muscle...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »
Dorian is retired.  He's still probably bigger then most guys on here.
as he is now ?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »
   What is up with that?????
A friend of mine torn his triceps and his elbow looks pretty similar (even after surgery).

This friend never used growth either...

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2006, 11:43:08 AM »
i have more respect for a fat opera singer like birgit nilsson who kicked the bucket at 87 last week.
she sang for 34 years not 6.

Dumbell, give it a rest. Dorian is highly respected and you aren't going to sway many people's opinion of him with your attacks on him for moving on.
The House that Ruth built

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »
dont perceive my comments as attack.  it's the truth and i didnt create this thread.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006, 11:50:57 AM »
he's retired and obviously has other priorities like family.

someone said earlier that after competing for so many years and going through the dieting ,training, 6-8 meals a day for that long you eventually just want to take a step back.

he doesnt need to eat, train, and drug like crazy anymore

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2006, 12:44:10 PM »
Agreed. Many guys still look great (relative to the rest of the population not their peak form). Dorian looks like another person entirely. Arnold for example said he'd stop competing but would never stop bodybuilding and has stuck to that statement. He obviously loves it - can the same be said for dorian?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »
The dude tore both the biceps and the triceps on that arm you dipshits.

Check out the calves filling out his pants if you doubt he still has some muscle...

And this has to be arguably the GAYEST statement of the year on getbig. Youre lookin at his calves "filling out" his pants.