Author Topic: Dorian Looking Small  (Read 36777 times)

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
Re: Dorian Looking Small
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2006, 12:50:54 PM »
So it's all or nothing here?  It's either juiced to the gills, training like a maniac, eating eight times a day, or doing NOTHING as it appears to be right now with Dorian?

He looks like he's never picked up a weight in his life.

Are you serious?  Do you really believe that all non-training 40 year old men look like Dorian? Have a look at him. Maybe not in that particular pic but at an expo pic taken in last year or so. He is obviously 60lbs lighter but he looks like he lifts. I don't believe you would actually  agree with your own statement if you ever saw him.
Regards,
The Doc ::)
The Dude Abides

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »
And this has to be arguably the GAYEST statement of the year on getbig. Youre lookin at his calves "filling out" his pants.
Yeah calves are a real turn-on for me ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:08 PM »
bodybuilding on the pro level is brutal on the organs and body in general,most of these pros that say they are retiring are doing so cause they have to and not cause they want to,thier doc,s prolly told them that they either get off the drugs or die,believe that
R

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »
Yeah calves are a real turn-on for me ::)
]

It takes allsorts

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2006, 01:24:10 PM »
bodybuilding on the pro level is brutal on the organs and body in general,most of these pros that say they are retiring are doing so cause they have to and not cause they want to,thier doc,s prolly told them that they either get off the drugs or die,believe that

blame it on the judges

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »
Drugs are no excuse-where's his passion & pride to look good at a lower drug-free weight?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 01:28:36 PM »
Drugs are no excuse-where's his passion & pride to look good at a lower drug-free weight?
same can be said for craig
he was too lazy to dig a hole in the sand to bury the body
such a pro

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 01:39:58 PM »
That's why I would hate to be a former mr. O or any other figure of such significance. You are in a demand to look gracefully good at every single angle, lighting, pose, etc. in your fucking life or you get superficial comments from dipshits.  Hell, maybe he should of done a few sets of push ups before walking out his door?
But, then it's the nature of bodybuilding that attracts the superficial.

Cute kid BTW.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2006, 01:41:42 PM »
You guys are nuts! The expectation that a retired olympian will and should walk around looking like they did onstge 10 years ago, or they are lazy oafs who have no pride. GROW UP. They may have realized there are other things in life now, health concerns and old injuries, family and business commitments, travel, enjoying life, and couldnt give a flying f*** what you think. They have put in their time in the gym, and have the Sandow trophies to show for it. What do you have? As you jerkoffs get older, you too will realize that time is not your friend.  

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
You guys are nuts! The expectation that a retired olympian will and should walk around looking like they did onstge 10 years ago, or they are lazy oafs who have no pride. GROW UP. They may have realized there are other things in life now, health concerns and old injuries, family and business commitments, travel, enjoying life, and couldnt give a flying f*** what you think. They have put in their time in the gym, and have the Sandow trophies to show for it. What do you have? As you jerkoffs get older, you too will realize that time is not your friend.  

are u anxious about getting old?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
why I would hate to be a former mr. O or any other figure of such significance. You are in a demand to look gracefully good at every single angle

That's a stupid assessment-these guys are not major figures, are hardly being chased by the paparazzi 24-7. Showing up in decent shape or staying tastefully covered up in the meantime for occasional appearances is easily done.

In the meantime, be smart by not walking around in sleeveless shirts-that's inviting superficial comments, you idiot!

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2006, 01:48:43 PM »
No, because unlike you my whole identity is no longer tied in to how big my arm is. With age comes calm and wisdom, bigdumbass.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »
No, because unlike you my whole identity is no longer tied in to how big my arm is. With age comes calm and wisdom, bigdumbass.

dont forget financial security

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2006, 01:51:16 PM »
im sure dorians reading these boards now ready to kill himself cause he aint living up to everyones expectations,im sure hes losing sleep everynight cause hes not 300lbs no more and has elavated cholesterol levels and stressed kidneys and high blood pressure,i cant understand why he would give all those great things up ::)
R

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2006, 01:53:20 PM »
This is a realitively new pic of Yates apparently he got some new ink and you can still see atrophy of the left tricep , I wonder if he is totaly drug free or if he has to now stay on a maintence dose for the rest of his life.

HE'S BEEN RETIRED FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS!!!!  Who the fuck wants to stay big for the rest of their life

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »
im sure dorians reading these boards now ready to kill himself cause he aint living up to everyones expectations,im sure hes losing sleep everynight cause hes not 300lbs no more and has elavated cholesterol levels and stressed kidneys and high blood pressure,i cant understand why he would give all those great things up ::)

i couldnt care less what that foreigner thinks  LOL
ps.  yes i NEVER forgot the time shawn should have won

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »
It's not bright to advertise your deterioration with sleeveless T-shirts - if he's so grown up, mature & beyond it as you say, then exercise a little subtlety and grow up on the appearance!

Lavrone can still pull off the look at a lighter weight.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2006, 02:00:28 PM »
Please tell me you're joking.

BigBlock

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2006, 02:00:43 PM »
How can you judge his entire physique just by a picture of his arm?

And second, looks to me like he still lifts.  Sure his arms aren't 20+" anymore, but they still have better shape to them then most men in their 40s.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2006, 02:01:19 PM »
dude is sporting a tiger or panther tattoo and wearing a sleeveless shirt and we're imbeciles for making a comparison

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2006, 02:10:56 PM »
He's always had the ruddy sailor look and thinks that it's just fine.. ???

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »
Yates deserves to be talked about with more respect than he is receiving in this thread.

He is one of the top 4 bodybuilders of ALL time and, as the interview on bodybuildingweekly showed, probably the most straight shooting and non-delusional pro bodybuilder ever....

So his twice torn arm doesn't look too good anymore and he was wearing a sleeveless shirt that day (might have been warm out).

The best part about the photo is that he isn't flexing or throwing a bullshit sign IMO...

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2006, 02:51:24 PM »
Check out the smiles in the pic...he has his arm around something way more precious than ANOTHER Sandow. Live long and prosper King Dorian

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2006, 02:54:27 PM »
interesting

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2006, 03:01:04 PM »
Those are really lame analogies-those guys are in their 60s, retired 30 years ago, Yates retired 8 years ago! You've just compared Yates with senior citizens, and underlined how rapidly he's deteriorated in his 40s.

Sad in that if there's a love of training, it shouldn't just blow away in the wind after the competition stops, particularly since "retirement's" usually in the late 30s. Some guys continue to take pride in themselves and can be smaller/natural and still impressive. I mean, if you love lifting, there's no reason to have to give up.

Here're some examples, guys close to 60.

As far as the flawed sprinting analogy, I'm sure Lewis can still do a 10.9 years later-the drop off hasn't been dramatic.

Pumpster, that pic of Nubret is really old. He looks to be in his late 30's in it. Bill Grant still look great but the pro's from his era didn't put themselves through the hell that guys from Dorian's era did for contest prep. I think that comes into play when you look at Yates today.
The House that Ruth built