Author Topic: A friend of mine (a powerlifter) offed himself today...  (Read 3978 times)

Simple Simon

Re: A friend of mine (a powerlifter) offed himself today...
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2014, 02:04:50 PM »
There's nothing wrong with alleviating suffering but you want to mitigate the torment and not compound it. It is imperative you understand life is NEVER the problem. The pain that is invading your life is. Life is an invaluable gift from above. Irrespective of how much pain is riddling your body and/or mind, sending yourself to an eternity in hell is far worse. Think of the big picture. You should be fighting for your life, not fighting to let it go. Clinging on to the lifebuoy that is this ideal when the agony sets in will keep you afloat as you grit your teeth and steel yourself for the battle ahead. You have no choice, staying alive is by far the best option no matter how bad it gets.
Better than going to heaven?

Ivan Drago

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2014, 02:06:13 PM »
Better than going to heaven?

I'm already in heaven watching you melt down all over the shop.

Simple Simon

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »
I'm already in heaven watching you melt down all over the shop.
I post a few word posts you post paragraphs.
only one person on meltdown here.  ;D

Ivan Drago

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »
I post a few word posts you post paragraphs.
only one person on meltdown here.  ;D

That's what you think. I love trolling the trolls like widdle Simple Simon.

Simple Simon

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 02:13:19 PM »
That's what you think. I love trolling the trolls like widdle Simple Simon.
Crack on and enjoy, never mind providing the proof you promised.  :-*

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Wish anabolichalo would follow this guy

Ivan Drago

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »
Crack on and enjoy, never mind providing the proof you promised.  :-*

The proof is in the pudding, haven't you heard.

Simple Simon

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:18 PM »
The proof is in the pudding, haven't you heard.
Pudding you in your place?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »
Terminal means they're yet alive and breathing, you motherfucking moron, so you're prematurely ending their lives (before their diseases can finish the job). EVERYONE (this includes both the doctor and the patient) is destined to die at some point, there's no difference, murder is murder (taking human life), E-Numskull, I'm afraid you ARE that fucking stupid and worse, way to go you dumb shit, no wonder you're a atheist shithead, PWNED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

I think if you'd ever seen a loved one in the final stages of cancer, you'd really understand why euthanasia is an issue.  It isn't pretty.  If they are young, they can hold on for quite some time

I have seen no more horrendous sight - and I can assure you, no drugs will suffice, at that moment. 

It's just not a publicised thing - what happens when cancer ravages a younger person.  It literally eats them alive.  They don't die in their sleep, looking relatively healthy.  That's the television version.  Older people might go quickly.

I'm not even going to bother debating religion - that's a fools errand, I'm just saying - if you'd seen what I'd seen, you will be shitting bricks at the idea that you've got to live through what is coming.  Good luck with that - I would say it is almost certainly all for nothing, but you can't convince me and I can't convince you to the contrary.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »
Sounds like he was also bipolar and left untreated it can lead to suicide.

Sad.

Fibromyalgia was probably the least of his problems...The guy sounds like he was extremely unbalanced.

Simple Simon

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
I think if you'd ever seen a loved one in the final stages of cancer, you'd really understand why euthanasia is an issue.  It isn't pretty.  If they are young, they can hold on for quite some time

I have seen no more horrendous sight - and I can assure you, no drugs will suffice, at that moment. 

It's just not a publicised thing - what happens when cancer ravages a younger person.  It literally eats them alive.  They don't die in their sleep, looking relatively healthy.  That's the television version.  Older people might go quickly.

I'm not even going to bother debating religion - that's a fools errand, I'm just saying - if you'd seen what I'd seen, you will be shitting bricks at the idea that you've got to live through what is coming.  Good luck with that - I would say it is almost certainly all for nothing, but you can't convince me and I can't convince you to the contrary.

Seriously, that was a wasted post, dont even let this guy get a rise out of you.

Ivan Drago

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 02:38:21 PM »

Nope. People just have to learn to deal with life. You must be mad to be advocating murder/suicide. Anyhoo the pain now is way better than offing yourself, going to the fiery pit. Think of the big picture. Life is never the issue. Pain is. You keep getting the two confused.

dustin

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2014, 02:46:05 PM »
There's nothing wrong with alleviating suffering but you want to mitigate the torment and not compound it. It is imperative you understand life is NEVER the problem. The pain that is invading your life is. Life is an invaluable gift from above. Irrespective of how much pain is riddling your body and/or mind, sending yourself to an eternity in hell is far worse. Think of the big picture. You should be fighting for your life, not fighting to let it go. Clinging on to the lifebuoy that is this ideal when the agony sets in will keep you afloat as you grit your teeth and steel yourself for the battle ahead. You have no choice, staying alive is by far the best option no matter how bad it gets.

Well, I have a beautiful wife and daughter now so there's no way I would ever take my own life. The only reason why I'm scared to die is to leave them and to not be able to take care of them. But if I had a patient in a situation where they were in agony, I couldn't tell them no and let them live in pain. If it were my call, I'd let them die the way they want instead of forcing them to life in pain.

Ivan Drago

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
Well, I have a beautiful wife and daughter now so there's no way I would ever take my own life. The only reason why I'm scared to die is to leave them and to not be able to take care of them. But if I had a patient in a situation where they were in agony, I couldn't tell them no and let them live in pain. If it were my call, I'd let them die the way they want instead of forcing them to life in pain.

It's still suicide. You have to be firm with your principles.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
A guy with Fibromyalgia?   That's extremely, extremely rare.   It's mostly all women who get that.   

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
So sorry to hear that.

Fibromyalgia is becoming more common, but unfortunately there isn't any one test that can diagnose it. In fact nobody really knows what it is.

I thought fibroymyalgia was similar to chronic pain disease.

Such as shame.  :(

It is.  What was described sounds more like bipolar, which I've seen coincide with fibromyalgia.  Note sure if that's typical though.