Author Topic: How much weight can be gained during precontest carbing up?  (Read 2048 times)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
How much weight can be gained during precontest carbing up?
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
I'm hoping to be at least 195 to 194 before I start carbing up and droping water. For those who have carbed up what kind of weight can I expect? 2 to 3 lbs?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: How much weight can be gained during precontest carbing up?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »
also curious.

do you have a protocol mike?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:57:45 PM »
Before the show experiment and do a carbup to see how your body reacts.

A

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:10 PM »
seems like 5-8lbs is the norm

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:00:15 PM »
be careful not to spillover.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »
also curious.

do you have a protocol mike?

Well the plan is to start Wednesday at 300 grams. That is also the last day for a full body work out and cardio, carbs will either increase or decrease as need be, I'd rather be less full then spill over. I'm flat ass shit right now but I still have nice round muscle bellies, so there is no need to go super heavy on the carb load

All cardio and workouts stop Thursday and water manipulation starts Wednesday with one gallon then Thursday will be half a gallon and Friday will be 20oz tell 6pm then only sip water as needed with carbs

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 10:03:21 PM »
Saturday I'm planing on sweet patatos and rice cakes with sugar free jelly shooting for about 100 before prejudging and a bag of skittles 15 mins before I step on stage

epic_alien

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
friday night eat a bunch of icecream, donoughts and maybe a whole apple pie,

wake up be thirtsty as hell but look good and right before stage maybe 15 mins drink 12 ounces of pedialite

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
As many pounds of food and water your stomach can hold.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »
Before the show experiment and do a carbup to see how your body reacts.

hell no do not.

As many pounds of food and water your stomach can hold.
yah it depends.

on the water mainly.after some carb ups, ppl end up being lighter, if they shut down the water intake in time.

you know this and arent a big savocate for carbdups, but just in case soemone didnt know.

ppl load up on water and go very low carbs the week before contest.
2gallons water a day.obviosuly the bodyweight can shoot up bc of the water.the body will be pissing all the time, getting rid off the water.
now 2days out some carbs are added and the water shut, the body will still dehyfrate very fast, and boom after cvabr up suddenly one is lighter.

thats gonna cvchange the day they start drink water gaian while fully carbed up.

mike you shouldnt step on stagtlike that, thats way too fat youd get blown away in a discoteque or beacj party contects, not to mention a bbuilding stage.

good effort, but youre plenty fatloss away from stage ready
n

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:32:20 PM »
mike saw your pic on other thread look good,big delts/abs came in good,but put pic here so gali/disgusted to see cause to me carbing up at this point I think is not good ,your not super shredded your lean/full in terms like a 'rebound'after show look now,,you need to be close to or peeled to see difference in the fill up process...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:04 PM »

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
mike saw your pic on other thread look good,big delts/abs came in good,but put pic here so gali/disgusted to see cause to me carbing up at this point I think is not good ,your not super shredded your lean/full in terms like a 'rebound'after show look now,,you need to be close to or peeled to see difference in the fill up process...
yah if anything he should deplete and cut out the water ,this might be the best for cosmetic temporary change, but its simply not lean enough to do an such tricks really.

carb up is to refill the diet flatness a bit, hes nowhere near close to that.

you dont go onstage with fat that can be pinched on the lower bcak, you go when the back is xmas treed.

and yeah goo off of all drugs in time recues subcutane water agreat deal.

but when theres still fat ,stage light and carb up will just pronounce and make the fat even more visible.

i remmebr someone said in person he looks leaner than on the pics, i know what they mean.
but guess what , someone who looks shredded on pics will look scary peeled in person.

when they flex it looks like theres no skin on the muscles

but congrats on his way hes heading the right direction
n

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
yah if anything he should deplete and cut out the water ,this might be the best for cosmetic temporary change, but its simply not lean enough to do an such tricks really.

carb up is to refill the diet flatness a bit, hes nowhere near close to that.

you dont go onstage with fat that can be pinched on the lower bcak, you go when the back is xmas treed.

and yeah goo off of all drugs in time recues subcutane water agreat deal.

but when theres still fat ,stage light and carb up will just pronounce and make the fat even more visible.

i remmebr someone said in person he looks leaner than on the pics, i know what they mean.
but guess what , someone who looks shredded on pics will look scary peeled in person.

when they flex it looks like theres no skin on the muscles

but congrats on his way hes heading the right direction
LEANEST state possible where u have been,and I had someone tell me at the gym watching me pose that it looked painful when I posed due to how ripped I was.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »
At this point I'm at 195 and super flat still holding some fat but oh well it's now or never so ill give this a shot and close a chapter in my life

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »

if you carb up your about to make a mistake that will ruin the weeks of work it took to get you here.

up to you tho. find out the hard way.

truth be told your still a good 4-5 weeks away from being stage ready.
b

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »

if you carb up your about to make a mistake that will ruin the weeks of work it took to get you here.

up to you tho. find out the hard way.

one carb up will ruin weeks of dieting?

will the one or two days of high carbs and water instantly revert him back to his pre diet shape?

sounds kind of farfetched bro

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
one carb up will ruin weeks of dieting?

will the one or two days of high carbs and water instantly revert him back to his pre diet shape?

sounds kind of farfetched bro

when you holding that much fat still yes one carb up will ruin an entire prep.

were not talking about 'reverting back to his pre diet shape'- where did i say that?

hes trying to look his best for one day.

you think a carb up is a magic tool that makes you look godly and is a substitute for not being lean enough? when your that fat a carb up will have the exact opposite effect of hat hes trying to achieve. his love handles and back are going to hold more water than the suez canal and there wont be a line on his body.
b

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
when you holding that much fat still yes one carb up will ruin an entire prep.

were not talking about 'reverting back to his pre diet shape'- where did i say that?

hes trying to look his best for one day.

you think a carb up is a magic tool that makes you look godly and is a substitute for not being lean enough? when your that fat a carb up will have the exact opposite effect of hat hes trying to achieve. his love handles and back are going to hold more water than the suez canal and there wont be a line on his body.
carbs are not there to make you ripped genious. it's there to fill out the muscles the last hours. to turn to glycogen and fill up the muscles. that's the whole point stupid.

if you cut out water and sodium you can't hold water anyways. no amount of carbs will change that. if it's dry carbs that is.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »
I know exactly what you guess are saying and I agree a lite carb up at then and and drop water makes sense that's what I was thinking about doing. Hell I'll just jump in the heavys those guys always look 4 to 6 weeks out

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »
carbs are not there to make you ripped genious. it's there to fill out the muscles the last hours. to turn to glycogen and fill up the muscles. that's the whole point stupid.

if you cut out water and sodium you can't hold water anyways. no amount of carbs will change that. if it's dry carbs that is.

What dry carbs do you recommended

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
At this point I'm at 195 and super flat still holding some fat but oh well it's now or never so ill give this a shot and close a chapter in my life
you look like 3 weeks out or more sorry.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
you look like 3 weeks out or more sorry.

Well since my original show was in April (3 weeks out) that I Now can't do as I'm going to japan and when I get back I start my process to get out of the navy this is the only time I have to do this with a stable income and I won't be in school. So I'm not letting my 3 1/2 months of dieting going out the window. It's a fucking novice class at a local show not the USA

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »

Well since my original show was in April (3 weeks out) that I Now can't do as I'm going to japan and when I get back I start my process to get out of the navy this is the only time I have to do this with a stable income and I won't be in school. So I'm not letting my 3 1/2 months of dieting going out the window. It's a fucking novice class at a local show not the USA
well why not do it just to learn from other competitors and stuff. just saying.

What dry carbs do you recommended
it was to prove a point.

for example if you carb up with a bunch of pasta that contains alot of water.

so carbs are kept to ricecakes, sugar, stuff like that. on show day that is. and no water. unless you feel like dying or cramping up all over.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »

hey buddy I was going to ask you if you were retarded but the redundancy of that question is highlighted by this post.
b