Author Topic: Any Ivy League Grads Here?  (Read 5394 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Any Ivy League Grads Here?
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:46 AM »
What did he major in?

She majored in sword swollowing that night. Biology I think. She's a physician now.  :-\

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2014, 01:48:37 AM »
She majored in sword swollowing that night. Biology I think. She's a physician now.  :-\
you goofed.

shoulda blown inside and kept her.

cha chang.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2014, 03:29:13 AM »
King's College London

Ranked 19th in the world.

I scraped through.
Hey! My Da's alma mater. He took me for a walk-around in '05. I want to say it was near Temple? 

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
It makes sense when it comes to bussiness and law school. But what about topics like physics, chemistry, etc... I thought the top universities were ranked by their investigations, etc. I think people from UC Berkeley have won like 72 nobel prizes.

I guess it would still matter...the network, that is.

After all, in the world of science (my undergrad), it`s publish or perish. And if you had to publish, all the better to have your name trailing a leader in your field. As you point out, there are schools with top tier professors whose names we`d all love to be associated with.

Then there are those schools who still have PhD`s, yet neither the laboratories, the funding, or the talent to truly make any noteworthy discoveries that can make a career.

So I think we agree - the network is incredibly important. Top ranked universities in the physical and applied sciences will attract top tier talent, to whom one wishes to work with, in the hopes that future employers will recognize the achievement. After all, if you keep up on the recent discoveries in bio-physics as an employer in that field, you`re more likely to read about what the superstars in the field are up to at MIT or Berkely, rather than that one lonely PhD at Chesapeake College.

That`s why it`s so hard to get into, and once you`re there, even harder to get into those labs. But if you do, you`re part of the way there to writing your ticket.

I was never great at science. Good enough, but never great. It also didn`t help that I wasn`t a girl. Most of the profs in my undergrad field of study were looking for tight little girls to be their grad students. Who could blame them. When they saw me coming, they probably thought `oh great, here comes another bodybuilder hoping to use some of the experimental hormones on himself instead of the rats`.

Oh, and yes; I graduated with honors from Uganda University with an MBA, majoring in business, minoring in economic theory; my thesis was on the activities of longshoremen on the piers, and the underground economies and exchanges of goods for services thereabouts. Quite fascinating. I threw myself into my work.

NightTrain

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
I graduated with honors from Uganda University with an MBA, majoring in business, minoring in economic theory; my thesis was on the activities of longshoremen on the piers, and the underground economies and exchanges of goods for services thereabouts. Quite fascinating. I threw myself into my work.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense chief, but you basically wrapped up your MBA by thesising on the pier watching barefooted negors barter and shit...and "threw yourself into your work"? Sounds like code for blow jobbing by the center pillars where the pEliCan't hang around.

gayer than banning "plastic bags" from retail outlets.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »
Penn State......but I did visit U Penn a couple of times

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offense chief, but you basically wrapped up your MBA by thesising on the pier watching barefooted negors barter and shit...and "threw yourself into your work"? Sounds like code for blow jobbing by the center pillars where the pEliCan't hang around.

gayer than banning "plastic bags" from retail outlets.

NightTrain

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2014, 11:13:54 PM »

I was never great at science. Good enough, but never great. It also didn't help that I wasn't a girl. Most of the profs in my undergrad field of study were looking for tight little girls to be their grad students. Who could blame them. When they saw me coming, they probably thought `oh great, here comes another bodybuilder hoping to use some of the experimental hormones on himself instead of the rats`.

LOL

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:05 AM »
Graduated from U of Waterloo in Canada. Not officially Ivy, but excellent school nonetheless, especially for math/computer science/engineering.

No shit?  I know a guy who graduated there.  Sharp as a rapier.

I never attended an Ivy League school, but I was accepted at a ton of top-notch places for my post-grad studies.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:57 AM »
Morehouse and Emory...

Not ivy...but both good schools.

Should have chosen Florida state, San Diego state or Arizona state.

i would have partied my ass off

LOL.

But good on you.  Yeah, those are both excellent schools.  My best friend's ex-fiance was a pre-med gal at Emory.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
Cousin graduated from M.I.T. works for Google!

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2014, 07:26:28 AM »
No shit?  I know a guy who graduated there.  Sharp as a rapier.

I never attended an Ivy League school, but I was accepted at a ton of top-notch places for my post-grad studies.

I'm working on my masters right now, but not at any good school, Athabasca. Its all online cause I can't afford to not work and pay for school... If I had the choice I'd go back to UW for my masters in a heartbeat.

Are you working on your post-grad now? If so, where?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2014, 08:17:38 AM »
 :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
Hey! My Da's alma mater. He took me for a walk-around in '05. I want to say it was near Temple?  
And your best Cricket score at the time?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2014, 10:15:36 AM »
Man for GB I'm surprised...expected this to be 100 pages long by now with all the genius doctors, lawyers, psychologist and millionaires here hahaha

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
Man for GB I'm surprised...expected this to be 100 pages long by now with all the genius doctors, lawyers, psychologist and millionaires here hahaha

LOL

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »
I suck cock for a living...  :P

Anyone interested, you know where to find me.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
I'm working on my masters right now, but not at any good school, Athabasca. Its all online cause I can't afford to not work and pay for school... If I had the choice I'd go back to UW for my masters in a heartbeat.

Are you working on your post-grad now? If so, where?

my nephew is doing his doctorate in forensic psychology at U of T.

from what i understand this is the best school in canada for this, amongst the best in NA.

certainly doesnt get that from my side of the family. :D
b

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
I've just had a look at the fees to study at Yale Law School. If you want to attend then they suggest you will need $76,000 per year for fees and accommodation. Nearly quarter of a million for the 3 year degree. Having a daddy who completed the same degree previously and who has the money to throw at it means you will get in despite inferior high school achievements and on towards a high paid career among the old boys network.  You might even make it to President.

Who said America was the land of equal opportunity for all.  ???

Probably no one I suppose.  :D