Author Topic: Question for NON Marihuana users  (Read 4087 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Question for NON Marihuana users
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »
i kinda agre with your stance, but man, on a hot summer afternoon or mild evening at the beach, being stoned to oblivion with a girl laying there, say just 1 or 2 times in 1 summer, is amongst the best things imagineable.

but habitual weed smokers i dont like so much, many are exactly as youve described them.

Before even reading this post I was about to comment, the only time I even care for a toke or two is floating the river or something like that on a hot summer day.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
sativas are the most motivational drug I have ever tried, amp user in the past.

If you can't handle a few bong hits then you have some issues you need resolved.
X2. Bunch of slack jawed fag gots up in this thread.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »
I feel that there are some mental after effects which last much longer than the acute intoxication. If you smoke once daily every day you are somewhat affected round the clock. Do you disagree?

It definitely does.... makes me feel "foggy" for 2-3 days after.  

I think the reason weed can be "dangerous" is because you can do it all day, everyday and still get by.  Its easy to fall into that trap of smoking first thing in the morning and staying high all day.  Nobody starts drinking at 9am except for hardcore alcoholics....but wake-n-bake is pretty common.  And you can live a decent life like this, but definitely not operate at 100%.

I absolutely LOVE smoking, especially preworkout.  Incredible pumps and mind-muscle connection.  But I have trouble using it in moderation so I usually abstain completely

dustin

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »
I feel that there are some mental after effects which last much longer than the acute intoxication. If you smoke once daily every day you are somewhat affected round the clock. Do you disagree?

I think some people are affected pretty adversely, but others can puff and you'd never know. I have naturally dark skin and eyes so even if I just puff, people can't tell. I'm completely functional, just a bit high. Some people get consumed by it and completely immersed in the experience, absolutely unable to function in public and usually paranoid beyond all belief. Some of those people snap to it shortly after, but some people are left in a haze.

I thankfully don't get this way, probably because of the familiarity with being high and because I don't take more than a few puffs. I think that it's a foreign state of consciousness that some people get lost in, which makes it a very uncomfortable experience. And some people roll with it and explore their consciousness.

I luckily never get burnt out, but I've felt that when I was younger and understand why many people get turned off by those experiences. I can't explain why it fucks some people up like eating a bag of mushrooms, but I wouldn't advocate it for people that respond like that. Myself, I can do a full work day, do errands at home and take care of the family, study for tests and do research papers and essays and get straight A's. I think it's definitely not for everyone.

If someone smokes a joint and gets fucked up in the same way that acid would fuck someone up, they should probably only do it once in a blue moon or not at all. For others, they can puff dusk till dawn and no one would be none the wiser.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »
Absolutely!  :)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »
I got my card a while ago.. it's been expired for over 6 months.

some co-workers said it'd help with appetite and sleep. it die neither.

tried Sativa for 'during the day', and hated it. felt like I was stoned, and felt like everybody could tell. lol

tried Indica for nighttime, and hated it.

tried hybrids for nighttime, and hated it.

sex on the indica's was nice though, for some reason.

I remember getting my card, and the first day I took 2 hits of some "trainwreck" at like 10pm and driving home. I was doing 40mph on the freeway thinking 'holy shit.. I'm going too slow', then sped up to 65 and it felt like I was doing 165, then gradually slowed back down to 40.. then back up to 65. such a bad fucking idea.

then a couple days later, I took 1 hit before heading to work. I stopped at AM/PM for coffee, and as I'm mixing my creamer and sugar in my coffee, I realize I'd been staring at my coffee for what felt like 10mins thinking 'shit.. how long have I been standing here.. people are gonna notice me', was probably only there for a minute, but was still a very unpleasant experience.

of about 5-6 different strains, I found the kush, especially the bubblegum/bubba kush stuff the least disagreeable.

luckily, CA parole doesn't test for THC (but I had my card nonetheless).

I'd much rather take a Tylenol-3 or a ML of gbl or something, than smoke weed or drink booze.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
I could smoke legallyby purchasing a medical marijuana card for $75... but im not interested in any form of narcotic or intoxicant anymor.   Although i have considered using a bit to help me win 2.5k in a pizza eating challenge.. so if it became legal i may try that.

Not me.  I'm already excellent at being a vegetable on the couch and I'm always hungry.
;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2014, 10:04:18 PM »
I have never smoked marijuana. Not once. If it becomes legal, I still will have no interest in smoking it.
X

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 02:00:13 AM »
No way.  Only a pussy would want to alter their reality instead of actually doing something to change it for the better.  Dopers are pussies.
Well, some drugs (not usually weed) can show you different realities that were invisible to you before. Which you can then try to attain when sober again. I've had that with both coke and shrooms. Don't use either now, and haven't for over a decade. But it gave me some interesting insights into myself and othersthat I then worked on. So yes, you can see altered reality AND change something in real life.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 02:04:39 AM »
Wish cocaine and MDMA was legal.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:49 AM »
No way.  Only a pussy would want to alter their reality instead of actually doing something to change it for the better.  Dopers are pussies.

Define reality because I am sure me and you have a different idea. Reality is not working, eating, lifting etc.. it's right now, altering your perception is a useful tool. Only scared morons stay in the box.

You can use drugs to better your life.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2014, 04:37:15 AM »
I have never smoked marijuana. Not once. If it becomes legal, I still will have no interest in smoking it.

You are missing out on a common experience every human should have. We have an endocannabinoid system in our bodies. Only one plant effects it. Pretty crazy.

dustin

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
Define reality because I am sure me and you have a different idea. Reality is not working, eating, lifting etc.. it's right now, altering your perception is a useful tool. Only scared morons stay in the box.

This is what ultimately led to me experimenting with marijuana and psychedelics in high school. I was always a staunch opponent of any controlled substance unless it was used strictly in a medical application. I was such a blind fool. I don't think everyone should go out and get baked in the park playing ultimate frisbee and living off of welfare, but I also don't think people should write it off so quickly. You could try it, then never try it again. Or you could avoid it all together if you so choose, but not shoot your gums off about it 24/7 as though you're a world-renowned expert on the subject.

People always tell me it would sap my motivation and cause me to never reach the level of accomplishment that I'm capable of. They always tell me I'm way too smart to "do drugs" like marijuana, but then when I tell them I actually have medical marijuana authorization and am a huge supporter they're normally in disbelief. I don't walk around advertising that I am a firm supporter and believer in this plant because I carry myself well. They only look at the idiots that gravitate towards it and think that's all that marijuana advocates amount to. People need to stop looking at the lowest common denominator and using that as their benchmark for judgement. Or perhaps they shouldn't judge so virulently to begin with.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »
"Any state that can be achieved with drugs can also be achieved without drugs" - Timothy Leary

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 07:47:19 AM »
This is what ultimately led to me experimenting with marijuana and psychedelics in high school. I was always a staunch opponent of any controlled substance unless it was used strictly in a medical application. I was such a blind fool. I don't think everyone should go out and get baked in the park playing ultimate frisbee and living off of welfare, but I also don't think people should write it off so quickly. You could try it, then never try it again. Or you could avoid it all together if you so choose, but not shoot your gums off about it 24/7 as though you're a world-renowned expert on the subject.

People always tell me it would sap my motivation and cause me to never reach the level of accomplishment that I'm capable of. They always tell me I'm way too smart to "do drugs" like marijuana, but then when I tell them I actually have medical marijuana authorization and am a huge supporter they're normally in disbelief. I don't walk around advertising that I am a firm supporter and believer in this plant because I carry myself well. They only look at the idiots that gravitate towards it and think that's all that marijuana advocates amount to. People need to stop looking at the lowest common denominator and using that as their benchmark for judgement. Or perhaps they shouldn't judge so virulently to begin with.

Precisely. It's like people saying "I don't like how gays act" when they don't realize most gays don't act that way, and they have already interacted with many a pole smoker without realizing it.

dustin

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:32 AM »
Precisely. It's like people saying "I don't like how gays act" when they don't realize most gays don't act that way, and they have already interacted with many a pole smoker without realizing it.

lol that's always hilarious. I love it when you can visibly see the homophobes clenching their buttcheeks around gay people, as though they're just going to go on a homosexual rage and buttfuck them in public. I've got a gay friend who works at Starbucks (all the managers are flaming) who laughed at a redneck and told him not to worry, he's not his type. Then gave him a limp wrist and directed him out of his store. ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2014, 07:57:40 AM »

Do as you desire.  You can choose to live in a drug induced self indulgent Matrix and I will stay in the real world and work to make my life better.
No worries.  Thanks! 

dustin

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
Do as you desire.  You can choose to live in self indulgent Matrix and I will stay in the real world and work to make my life better.
No worries.  Thanks! 

It sounds like you fear it would change you permanently. It doesn't induce psychosis. The way most people describe it is that they're still themselves (it doesn't induce ego loss like eating a garbage bag full of psychedelic mushrooms), however the way they think is slightly more abstract.

People often scoff at newbie stoners when they sit there all chai-eyed, saying they feel grand epiphanies but are not able to articulate what they're experiencing. You do get a bit of tunnel vision and it can be really hard for non-habitual smokers to talk about their thoughts eloquently and iopenly, especially when there is a bit of memory loss. When people think about others being high, this is what they envision so they write it off as some loser getting high who's incapable of nothing more than just drooling and giggling at some thoughts they can't communicate to others. But there's a lot going on in these minds and people who aren't familiar with the high can struggle to communicate this.

For people that are a little more experienced and don't get so lost in the high, it's an amazing cognitive tool. There are things we know, things we don't know, but there are also things we didn't know that we didn't know. And that's what these mind expanding drugs introduce to us in an altered state of consciousness. This is why they are invaluable. You can reach these levels of consciousness through rigorous mental training and meditation, but drugs can condense this and make it accessible to everyone outside of yogis and meditation gurus. These areas of the mind can be unlocked without drugs, but it's extremely difficult. Drugs can open the door, but it's up to the end user to choose whether they enter it or not.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
No, everybody I know that smokes it ends up with issues of laziness or depression

This is very true.  People also lose their ambition (if they ever had any that is).

Never got high or drunk in my life and I am 48.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:48 AM »
IF it becomes legal, in the state you live at, will you be interested in smoking it "occasionally"....

will you see that possibility  ?

WoooSSSHHHHHHH
nope

dustin

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
This is very true.  People also lose their ambition (if they ever had any that is).

So in other words, you have absolutely no first hand experience whatsoever with these innocuous drugs? Hell, you could get drunk and high everyday for an entire year and still come out virtually unscathed.

I don't think drinking and doing drugs makes someone cool, but the only people I know who've completely abstained for their entire lives are the most absolute boring people I've ever encountered. Try living a little before you hit your expiration date.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
"Any state that can be achieved with drugs can also be achieved without drugs" - Timothy Leary

Sure, however, I work smarter not harder so his statement is stupid. And he is wrong, patently wrong.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
Do as you desire.  You can choose to live in a drug induced self indulgent Matrix and I will stay in the real world and work to make my life better.
No worries.  Thanks! 

My life couldnt be better, the idea you have in your head based off of some fallen heuristic doesn't define me. Do you drink coffee?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »

No they don't some people lose there ambition.

don't do drugs like caffeine, chocolate or mary jane dude, it alters you!!!!!! so does deep breathing, exercising etc it's all one continous now, an experience. Thats the point of life dude , not to be a good person, to become rich, to be high etc it's to groove with the eternal now, the happening.

the trainer

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
What a load of horse shit that drugs make you lazy, the only person that makes you lazy is you, there are many successful people who do drugs because they have self control, now if you are one of those persons who cannot control yourself and has a weak will then even if you dont take drugs you still wont be successful.