Author Topic: Losing my tolerance for Fat People  (Read 20492 times)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
Re: Are fat people actually real people?
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2014, 05:36:56 PM »

Lmao. Sometimes on okcupid I will see these fat whales do the beach jump in the air pic and they are 2" off the ground, if that.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
Lmao. Sometimes on okcupid I will see these fat whales do the beach jump in the air pic and they are 2" off the ground, if that.
Gravity never lies  ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: August 31, 2014, 03:40:46 AM »
Should they have equal rights, right to own land, right to vote, do they have the ability to feel emotions, etc....?

If not, can we eat them?   ???

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
Obesity is not a physiological disease. Mental....maybe. Not hormonal/thyroid, not sugar imbalance, not childhood tragedy,  none of that. Obsessive compulsive and costly to ever country where it drains their health budget. I recall the several thousand Bosnian refugees we rescued back in the Clinton days. NOT ONE fatty with a physiological problem other than starvation. Every last man woman and child was a stick. Commonality.....NO FOOD!!!! Funny how that works. Google the Bataan Death March.

As soon as we can get off the pity party with obesity and treat it as....an OBSESSION with food, we just might get a handle on it. Or, let our health care system sink trying to FIX them and their health problem caused by eating too frigging much.

Now where did I put my Snickers bar?

Fucking A post, brother!

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2014, 06:25:46 AM »
the craic is mighty in this thread
But fat people can lose weight. You'll never lose being a potato eater. The doormat of the UK.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »
But fat people can lose weight. You'll never lose being a potato eater. The doormat of the UK.

Potatoes are delicious.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
Looks to be a link between METABOLIC SYNDROME(x) AND SCHIZOPHRENIA...More and more obese people in the world will develop this mental illness. And the fukced up thing is that the meds these people will take to try to control the schizophrenia will keep them in a metabolic syndrome state buy fukcing with their blood sugars...

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »
So what's the verdict? Are fat bloated disgusting fucks people or not?
a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
Explaining why people are fat is not easy. Lots of factors involved.

Not easy at all, many factors. Show me which one represents said factors.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »
Not easy at all, many factors. Show me which one represents said factors.

I always make this point when people make excuses. No fatsos in concentration camps; this calorie restriction equals weight loss for everyone regardless of excuses.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
I always make this point when people make excuses. No fatsos in concentration; this calorie restriction equals weight loss for everyone regardless of excuses.

Where are the middle aged secretaries with "thyroid problems" and "bad knees" in this photo? I can't see them ???

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »
Where are the middle aged secretaries with "thyroid problems" and "bad knees" in this photo? I can't see them ???

They must be in the bunk house with the folk who eat less than their skinny friends but can't lose weight.  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Losing my tolerance for Fat People
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
I propose a constitutional amendment that makes killing anyone with a body fat of over 25 percent, only be charged with a misdemeanor.
a

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
Buncha bullshit enabling is all. One word: calofuckingries. The rest is psychobabbling nonsense. Same with drunks and their fucking "disease." Just stop already.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2014, 08:55:32 AM »
I always make this point when people make excuses. No fatsos in concentration camps; this calorie restriction equals weight loss for everyone regardless of excuses.

Most of the people in the world are not confined to concentration camps. You may prove a point about calorie restriction (starvation) resulting in weight loss, but it means little with respect to real life. For the most part, we live in a world filled with abundance or even over abundance. Being skinny is some people's ideal; not everyone shares that goal.

Despite it seeming like an excuse, people respond to calorie intake in different ways. Some are more successful at losing or maintaining weight than others. For example, when I decide to drop a few pounds, I just reduce the portion size while continuing to eat what I like. In the last six months, I have lost a little over 20 pounds by doing this. I am blessed with a fairly fast metabolism. I don't have food addictions nor do I eat for emotional comfort, like some folks do. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »
Most of the people in the world are not confined to concentration camps. You may prove a point about calorie restriction (starvation) resulting in weight loss, but it means little with respect to real life. For the most part, we live in a world filled with abundance or even over abundance. Being skinny is some people's ideal; not everyone shares that goal.

Despite it seeming like an excuse, people respond to calorie intake in different ways. Some are more successful at losing or maintaining weight than others. For example, when I decide to drop a few pounds, I just reduce the portion size while continuing to eat what I like. In the last six months, I have lost a little over 20 pounds by doing this. I am blessed with a fairly fast metabolism. I don't have food addictions nor do I eat for emotional comfort, like some folks do. 
correct Jay. A sensible calorie reduction and movement is not surprisingly weight loss.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: September 03, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/slow-metabolism/faq-20058480

While it may be true that few people have a true slow metabolism in the strictest sense of the term, there are many things which result in conditions which reduce the rate a person burns calories.

Rather than slow metabolism, factors more likely to contribute to weight gain include:
•Eating too many calories
•Getting too little exercise
•Genetics and family history
•Certain medications
•Unhealthy habits, such as skipping breakfast or not getting enough sleep

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #295 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »
While it may be true that few people have a true slow metabolism in the strictest sense of the term, there are many things which result in conditions which reduce the rate a person burns calories.

Such as being physically inactive and eating too much.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
Such as being physically inactive and eating too much.

It's all about diet.

Genetics are a big factor but it's the hand you're dealt  and there's nothing you can do about it.

Poor sleep might not help but nobody gets fat with that as the primary cause.

Exercise is great for health and fitness but way overrated for weight loss.

Walking for an hour burns about 300 cals. That's the equivalent of a Snickers bar which can be eaten in about 2 minutes

It's like what Leroy Colbert says, "If an egg is making you fat, eat half an egg."

Every fat person should write that quote down and tape it to their fridge. Of course, it still wouldn't help because most fat people lack the mental toughness to make behavioral changes of any kind.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: September 03, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »
It's all about diet.

Genetics are a big factor but it's the hand you're dealt  and there's nothing you can do about it.

Poor sleep might not help but nobody gets fat with that as the primary cause.

Exercise is great for health and fitness but way overrated for weight loss.

Walking for an hour burns about 300 cals. That's the equivalent of a Snickers bar which can be eaten in about 2 minutes

It's like what Leroy Colbert says, "If an egg is making you fat, eat half an egg."

Every fat person should write that quote down and tape it to their fridge. Of course, it still wouldn't help because most fat people lack the mental toughness to make behavioral changes of any kind.

I wonder how many of you who readily offer advice and seem to know what it takes to avoid becoming fat or to lose weight if you are obese, actually have any personal experience with this? Advice is cheap. I'd be interested in hearing from people who were obese and who have successfully lost and kept weight off for a considerable time. These are people with experience. Thin people who never had a weight problem, don't really know what they are talking about.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:40 AM »
I wonder how many of you who readily offer advice and seem to know what it takes to avoid becoming fat or to lose weight if you are obese, actually have any personal experience with this? Advice is cheap. I'd be interested in hearing from people who were obese and who have successfully lost and kept weight off for a considerable time. These are people with experience. Thin people who never had a weight problem, don't really know what they are talking about.

The reason I haven't become obese is because I know how to act so that this doesn't happen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
The reason I haven't become obese is because I know how to act so that this doesn't happen.

And your experience with being obese is based on what? Have you ever been obese? Have you ever personally lived with someone who had weight issues? I eat what I want when I want and I have never been obese or even fat. I personally know people who eat less then I do who are at least somewhat chubby. Despite what anyone says, we are not all equal. Some people are genetically predisposed to weight gain.

The title of this tread says a lot; losing my tolerance for fat people. Why does someone else being fat bother some others so much? It is not like a disease one can catch. Unless you're in a situation where their size actually negatively affects you, like on a crowded airplane trip with them sitting next to you, what's it to you if someone else is fat?

My 72 year old wife has congestive heart failure, spinal stenosis, and arthritic hips and knees, all of which limit her mobility. She grocery shops using a motorized cart. She's not obese but she's also not skinny. Who presumes they have the right to say they are losing their ability to tolerate her?