Author Topic: Dexter is so cocky...  (Read 18493 times)

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
Re: Dexter is so cocky...
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 12:23:28 AM »
bodybuildingFLIX.com

Slick Vic

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 06:20:07 AM »
its funny cuz some ppl think gustavo is cocky...... but lemme tell you somethin... the cockiest f**cker in our sport has to be dexter jackson... that son of a bitch is sooo cocky and stuck up... you feel like you wanna punch the f**k out of him..... i met him twice... here in fairfax,va.... he came to bodyrock.. which many of you guys heard about... but anyway he thinks hes the shit.... i remember one time i was trying to take a pic with him.... and my friend kinda took some time on the pic... he looks at me and was like " listen.... im not here to waste my time... come back when you fix your piece of shit"..... and i was just like.... uhhhh wut the f**k... but anyway...
If this in fact IS true I don't think he had to say it like THAT.  :-\

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 06:23:01 AM »
Of all the guys I know, Ron is right, Dexter is actually a pretty quiet guy, and he is nice to any fans I have seen him around. If people think he is cocky about his sport...damn right he is. He should be, he is one of the top guys in it, who wouldn't be cocky. As for being rude to fans...not likely.

And I would say any two guys you make stand by Niagara Falls long enough to get soaked...and not complain...can't be too bad.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 09:03:09 AM »
Here's one. A guy went up to Arnold at a show probabley about 12 years ago and asked Arnnie to sign his weight belt. When the guy went to give him his pen Arnold said "I"ll touch your pen instead." True story. 

if i was a 7 time mr. o, the biggest movies star in the world, and worth 850 milliion  dollars, i'd do what i want and touch your pen as well.

i've heard from numerous people (from MD) that dexter is a total prick.  he walks around like he's the size and strength of ronnie coleman or gary frank, forgetting the fact that he is 5'3 - typical small man syndrome (when other pros are there who dwarf him).  who cares, i never like him anyway.  he's overated.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Big_D

• Getbig IV
  • CockDees without the drugs!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
Dexter has been nothing but cool with me. Every time I see him, he says what's up and we talk. I don't know about the other experiences but I have never seen him act that way.
Dont hate playa

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »
Hahahhaha Dex is 5,1"

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 09:16:07 AM »
See, in those pictures above that Dexter's fan took three pictures and Dexter doesn't seem complaining at all!   :)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »
Wha chu talkin bout Willis..........? ;D

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
Hey at least he's got his own cartoon

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
Holy crap...that pic is way too over-used now...let it go...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »
turtle Power!

Milly2Pac

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 01:59:20 PM »
lets face it the guy was taking too goddam long with the camera, he should have been prepared before he walked up.

I dont see anything cocky here.

when the pros or anyone is supposed to have time for the fans, that phrase does not mean that you the one fan are permitted to monopolize all fucking day.

I understand your buddies frustration but this was not a good exscuse to pass off someone as an asshole.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »
Why you hating on Dexter cause your Lite Brite Funcam was busted up to shit?

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 02:47:36 PM »
Hey at least he's got his own cartoon

haha yeah i put that gif together lol

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »
He's muscular, he's huge, he's always in shape, he's at the top... what else to justify he's can't be cocky and act like a bastard?
I am a mini beast

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 02:53:11 PM »
I call bullshit on this thread. I've met and seen Dex a couple of times, and he was allways polite, easy to talk to, and just a nice guy. A little soft spoken, but that's different from being rude.

I'll say this, Maybe you did meet Dex and he wasn't his usual self, could have been having a bad day, everyone has them. But even if it was not one of his best days, I have a hard time believing he was a s big of an ass as you say.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: ppl are sayin gustavo is cocky.... ooooookkk
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 03:20:43 PM »
After reading Jay Cutler's comments in Flex concerning the Olympia, I think Jay is extremely cocky. He actually thinks he should have won! ;)

And so he should think like that.  It's a great attitude.  Objectively he could have been given 1st spot and it would have been fair - as was Ronnie winning, a coin toss.  Dexter on the other hand has no class, no humility at all.  An uneducated buffoon.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2006, 04:17:49 PM »
Dexter is a very pleasent and friendly guy, that is well known , but a guy cant always be at his up most best , there may come a time where he might be busy or late or something and have to be 'pleasantly" short as to get away from the fans.

this happens allot when I am with lee, although all efforts are made to courtesy, and to be pleasant to fans, but sometimes times does not allow it, it is not a indictment on a persons personality !!

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »
When Dex came to Japan I saw him in Golds doing one of his normal workouts and since there was noone around big enough, I asked him to spot me on the incline dumbbells. He said 'I'll do better than that' and hip and shouldered me outta the way and racked out a set himself.    true story

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2006, 04:43:49 PM »
Dude, I am also calling BS on this.

why should he be patient while your buddy fumbles around with something as complex as pressing "click"?

To be honest most people would have reacted the same way.
"dude, I don't have time for this, come back later"

For future reference:
learn how to use a digital camera before going outside, ask for a photo, smile for the camera, then keep it moving

30 seconds tops.
Here comes the money shot

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »
everytime i have met dex he has been professional and quiet. cocky, well all of us bb are cocky to some extent. arrogant he is not. always taken time for pics and stuff.
Gonna Beat Em'

Stavios

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »
When Dex came to Japan I saw him in Golds doing one of his normal workouts and since there was noone around big enough, I asked him to spot me on the incline dumbbells. He said 'I'll do better than that' and hip and shouldered me outta the way and racked out a set himself.    true story

If you need a big guy to spot you, you are using way too heavy. Hell the strongest guy at my gym has her daugter spotting him wen he needs

bigmo6891

• Getbig III
  • wus real good
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »
its funny cuz some ppl think gustavo is cocky...... but lemme tell you somethin... the cockiest f**cker in

Well, first of all, Dexter isn't cocky - he is quiet. Second of all, get real. I have watched Dexte at various events, and he is nothing but gracious in terms of saying hello, signing autographs, taking his time. He is not the outgoing type, but has been gracious.

Now, people like you think that this guy owes you something. How long did you spend taking a pictures, did you camera work, were there people behind you patiently waiting? I have actually seen people talk and talk and talk about their whole lift story, then take three minutes to take one pictures, then go on talking, while people are waiting patiently.

And Dexter even told you to come back when you get your camera working - wow, that was pretty cool of him.

Or are you making this all up..

hey ron... well first off... no im not lyin... and second all that i said about what he did was true... now i dont know why he would say that if your saying hes a nice guy, but maybe he was having a bad day, but like i said... when i wanted to take a pic with him, i remember the only person waiting was one of my friends.. thats all, so i dont know man, he was like kinda like that 2 years in a row
Never Big Enough

bigmo6891

• Getbig III
  • wus real good
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2006, 06:06:03 PM »
big mo, you from fairfax? where do you work out?

well i live in herndon which is in fairfax county, but usually i go to herndon or clocktower golds
Never Big Enough

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: ppl are sayin gustavo is cocky.... ooooookkk
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2006, 06:16:18 PM »
LOL. I think most people are taller than Dexter. Isn't he like 5'1''?

5'8"