Author Topic: Dexter is so cocky...  (Read 18488 times)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
Re: Dexter is so cocky...
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2006, 07:58:42 PM »
when he guestposed here back in movember he seemed all into himself. dex and coleman were sitting at a long table waiting for autographs.  the whole line was waiting for coleman. i saw like maybe at most 2 people asking dex. he sat there with a angry look on his face. once he finished his guestposing routine his speach was " ya ya im getting all hot sweaty for these ladies out here".. it was quiet.
real men= no rubbers

FlexCabana

• Getbig I
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »
I met Dexter at the last New York Pro show over the summer and he was extremely nice. He was joking around making fun of Shawn Ray and a fan asked him to show off his abs. He lifted up his shirt, showed his ripped abs and said, "ask Shawn Ray if he looks like this in the off season". It was funny because Shawn Ray was not in contest shape and looked very heavy but in all Dex was just joking around and having a good time. I got to shake his hand and get his autograph and he seemed very thankful to his fans. So for all you haters out there who probably don't lift a weight and still live in your moms basement popping zits on your face, respect a man and don't slander his repitation. Of course there is always going to be one or two horror stories (Ferrigno has hundreds), but before you make assumptions take into account the facts, not what you read on the boards.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: ppl are sayin gustavo is cocky.... ooooookkk
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »
5'8"

wrong.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"My height is 5' 6 ½ inches. "  from a getbig interview

http://www.getbig.com/iview/jackson040205.htm

Supersoaker

• Getbig II
  • "No I'm not the guy in 40 year old virgin"
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »
when he guestposed here back in movember he seemed all into himself. dex and coleman were sitting at a long table waiting for autographs.  the whole line was waiting for coleman. i saw like maybe at most 2 people asking dex. he sat there with a angry look on his face. once he finished his guestposing routine his speach was " ya ya im getting all hot sweaty for these ladies out here".. it was quiet.

haha
"Stop asking me that"

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2006, 04:29:25 AM »

Dexter = OWNED
I am a mini beast

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2006, 09:50:44 AM »
I can believe the story. Who knows he could of been having a bad day or maybe he is just like that. I can add a story along those lines.  Dexter was at the last Masters Olympia which was in Charlotte. Claude took it that year. Anyway, Dexter was sitting in the upper right balcony with that kid that turned pro a couple years ago or so that got so much attention for looking like Shawn Ray. Can't remember his name. Anyway they were sitting in seats that had already been purchased. The usher went up to them with the people that had tickets for those seats and they refused to move. Unfortunately the ushers at the Blumenthal all look like senior citizens so the people got screwed out of their seats and had to settle for middle balcony.  I do agree that if you are a Pro you should have free access to all Pro shows but not at the expense of paying customers. After the usher took the people to another seat they were giggling like a couple of little girls.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
I can believe the story. Who knows he could of been having a bad day or maybe he is just like that. I can add a story along those lines.  Dexter was at the last Masters Olympia which was in Charlotte. Claude took it that year. Anyway, Dexter was sitting in the upper right balcony with that kid that turned pro a couple years ago or so that got so much attention for looking like Shawn Ray. Can't remember his name. Anyway they were sitting in seats that had already been purchased. The usher went up to them with the people that had tickets for those seats and they refused to move. Unfortunately the ushers at the Blumenthal all look like senior citizens so the people got screwed out of their seats and had to settle for middle balcony.  I do agree that if you are a Pro you should have free access to all Pro shows but not at the expense of paying customers. After the usher took the people to another seat they were giggling like a couple of little girls.

Was Dex with David Henry?

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2006, 10:16:44 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!! hahahahaahhahhahaha!!

dex= O W N E D
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

The headless horse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2006, 06:27:10 AM »
Ron is very right on this. Can you imagine meeting hundreds of people, and all asking the same s**t..."oh ive been working out for so and so long, what do you think I should take", "what are you on", the classic (and gayest phrase): "im a typical hardgainer" (for those of you who think you are hardgainers, stop overtraining, and start eating more and take some chemistry courses)...Dex was in all his right....you should have had that camera ready to begin with, and im sure you were ranting about some stupid gym story or eating plan....it bores me to tears when thats all people wanna talk about so leave Dex alone cause he owes us nothing.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »
Standing around listening to some of the stupid shit fans spout off about would make anyone mental...I'm surprised there aren't more stories like this. Imagine trying to eat dinner at a restaurant, and every 2 mins someone else is coming up to the table looking to drool over you and suck your d*ck...you can't finish your meal, you can't relax...this would piss anyone off.

And hearing "whoa dude...your huge!!!" or "What should I do for back?" etc, etc...how f*ckin annoying...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2006, 07:57:33 AM »
this is more true for actors not bodybuilders. the general public doesn't know the name of even 3 bodybuilders and if they see one they'll say to the people they're with "look at that dude he's huge" but won't go up to bother them.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2006, 07:58:23 AM »
this is more true for actors not bodybuilders. the general public doesn't know the name of even 3 bodybuilders and if they see one they'll say to the people they're with "look at that dude he's huge" but won't go up to bother them.

^the women will, believe that.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »

"What should I do for back?"

"Bend over and I'll show you"
I am a mini beast

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2006, 10:23:25 AM »
Standing around listening to some of the stupid shit fans spout off about would make anyone mental...I'm surprised there aren't more stories like this. Imagine trying to eat dinner at a restaurant, and every 2 mins someone else is coming up to the table looking to drool over you and suck your d*ck...you can't finish your meal, you can't relax...this would piss anyone off.

And hearing "whoa dude...your huge!!!" or "What should I do for back?" etc, etc...how f*ckin annoying...

if u got paid $2k-5k for one day would u do it? i would... and i wouldnt act like a cocky bitch.
real men= no rubbers

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2006, 10:38:19 AM »
Yeah, but see....you don't, so you can't answer it. And the dinner story wasn't based on fiction or assumption, I'm telling you thats what happens. Ask Shawn...he has a lot of stories about that.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2006, 11:19:40 AM »
yea but women going up to you and saying things is not the same as men wanting advice on training, diet and drugs

rufjunk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »
Sorry but I can't help but laugh at this quote..

"listen.... im not here to waste my time... come back when you fix your piece of shit"

rofl

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2006, 01:17:27 PM »
I would have called him a turtle on the spot.

Stavios

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »
bump for AVBG  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »
its funny cuz some ppl think gustavo is cocky...... but lemme tell you somethin... the cockiest  in our sport has to be dexter jackson... that son of a bitch is sooo cocky and stuck up... you feel like you wanna punch him..... i met him twice... here in fairfax,va.... he came to bodyrock.. which many of you guys heard about... but anyway he thinks hes the shit.... i remember one time i was trying to take a pic with him.... and my friend kinda took some time on the pic... he looks at me and was like " listen.... im not here to waste my time... come back when you fix your piece of shit"..... and i was just like.... uhhhh wut the .. but anyway...

Seems nice on video, but a COMPLETE ass in person!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 10:35:27 AM »
its funny cuz some ppl think gustavo is cocky...... but lemme tell you somethin... the cockiest  in our sport has to be dexter jackson... that son of a bitch is sooo cocky and stuck up... you feel like you wanna punch him..... i met him twice... here in fairfax,va.... he came to bodyrock.. which many of you guys heard about... but anyway he thinks hes the shit.... i remember one time i was trying to take a pic with him.... and my friend kinda took some time on the pic... he looks at me and was like " listen.... im not here to waste my time... come back when you fix your piece of shit"..... and i was just like.... uhhhh wut the .. but anyway...

THe bigger surprise is WHY the hell did u want a PHOTO with him to begin with???

AVBG

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
bump for AVBG  ;D

Thanks Stavios, this is probably the first getbig thread bump that I have ever got... So I'll make it worthwhile..

Dexter Jackson is probably my favourite of the current day bodybuilders and I thank bigmo for initially sharing his experiences with the board re: bodyrock.. The moment is forever immortalised on my profile.

Anyway, since that time I have been eager to meet Dex and to see what he's like and I had that opportunity at the Aus Pro GP recently.

I had a media pass for the show thanks to the probodybuildingweekly.co m and the promotor Tony Doherty so I walked into the athletes meeting at the audatorium and sat down to take down what was happening. Whilst Doherty was explaining some subtle rule changes for the event I was surveying who was there and who wasn't going to be competing.

I was a bit disapointed because I didn't see Dex.. But I got over it.

So, after everything was explained to the bodybuilders it was time to draw out the competitors numbers... That would give me a good look at who was there and who wasn't, it wasn't a big field and we got to 10th then 11th people then asked where's Dex??

Speak of the devil, here comes in the man himself in his usual self assured swagger into the arena.. Dex was Jordon cap, muscletech -the blade jersey, black baggies and air jordans.. Behind him walked him was a face I'd seen before (probably  on Australia's most wanted).. It was pretty obvious this guy was around to make life easier for Dex whilst in town.

Anyway.. After all that the bodybuilders make their way backstage to prepare for prejudging. I after a few minutes of talking to people made my way back there to take some pics and talk to some of the guys.. After a while backstage I couldn't find Dex (apparently he commandeered a small room in the backstage area so he didn't have to interact with the other guys) talk was going around that he was sick and depending on how he was he may not take the stage!!!!!!

Apparently after the Arnold loss to Victor, Dex went outside in the Columbus night not properly dressed and caught a cold and he was ill and not feeling very energetic.

The show went on prejudging finished. Dex looked amazing and was going to be the one to beat. So soon as the prejuding finished I went back stage and managed to catch Dex..

I said.. "Hey Dex, how you going?, my names' Alex I'm here to cover the show for PBW & Getbig"

Dex: "GETBIG?"

I said.. "yeah & PBW, is there a problem with that?"

Dex: "No, we're cool"

I said.. "How you feeling?"

Dex: "Not good man, I feel shit"

I said.. "You looked untouchable today, You wouldn't know by looking at you that you're sick, it looks like a battle for second"

Dex: "Thanks man, my Aussie fans are the best"

I said.. "Mate, you got screwed over at the Arnold"

Dex: "I know, can you believe it?"

I said.. "The bloody judges need glasses"

Dex: "hahahaha"

(By this stage me and Dex are getting on famously)

I then asked about bigmo's experience at bodyrock..

Dex: "bro, you would have done the same thing, he was screwing around.. I don't have time for that shit"

I said.. "You're probably right"

I then shook Dex' hand and let him finish up as I was planning to talk to him later.

It was almost time for the night show to start, the pro's haven't started getting ready and I was making the rounds talking to the pro's then I spotted Dex.. So I walk over to him, Dex was sitting down, looking worse than he was that morning and I asked, "Hey Dex, you mind if I get a pic taken with you?".. His minder the one from Aust most wanted butted in and said.. He aint getting up for a picture, he can barely stand.. I said that's ok we can take the pic sitting down..  ;D, I then said I wont make him stand up and then Dex said with a smile on his face "Good coz I don't have time for that shit".

Stavios

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »
seems like a pretty cool dude.

I think that it sucks tho that he demanded a special room to not interact with the other guys, like he was superior to them. I don't like that

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2007, 02:17:43 PM »
its funny cuz some ppl think gustavo is cocky...... but lemme tell you somethin... the cockiest f**cker in

Well, first of all, Dexter isn't cocky - he is quiet. Second of all, get real. I have watched Dexte at various events, and he is nothing but gracious in terms of saying hello, signing autographs, taking his time. He is not the outgoing type, but has been gracious.

Now, people like you think that this guy owes you something. How long did you spend taking a pictures, did you camera work, were there people behind you patiently waiting? I have actually seen people talk and talk and talk about their whole lift story, then take three minutes to take one pictures, then go on talking, while people are waiting patiently.

And Dexter even told you to come back when you get your camera working - wow, that was pretty cool of him.

Or are you making this all up..

You are extremely wrong.
Dont forget. HE IS A PROFFESIONAL ATHLETE.
PRO should be nice to the fans. Because those fans are clients.Without fans, all those pros are piece of useless shit. But,when it comes to amateur OK. They can be cocky as they want.

All the pro athletes should know about it.
I am a businessman and never ever treat my client like that. Because I am a PRO of my buisiness.

Quiet type?? Gimme a break. I have never ever acted like "quiet type" in front of my client.
Pros like that dont have common sence.

If I would be pro and at the expo or competition, i would be always nice. BECAUSE MY FAN WOULD BE MY CLIENT WHO BUY MY VIDEO AND SUPPLEMENT...ETC.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2007, 02:19:41 PM »
so bigmoe ha a fucked up camera?