Author Topic: Ted Cruz vs. Rand Paul: A GOP road to nowhere  (Read 5520 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Ted Cruz vs. Rand Paul: A GOP road to nowhere
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
Listen man, woman, or whatever the heck you are, I really don't care what you think.  Hope that helps. 

But to the point:  a liberal criticizing other liberals doesn't make a person less of an ideologue.  And who the heck cares if they work for Fox?  Many good commentators and news folks joined Fox, because they're the best news and opinion network in the country. 

LOL.  Meltdown.

Quit yer whining;  It's not that you should care what I think, it's that you should be able to explain your viewpoints. 

Sorry if I'm in the habit of pointing out when you're saying shit that's a little wacky.  It's a discussion board so you should probably just learn to deal with it as long as you're espousing difficult-to-defend views.

Besides, you have a built-in excuse for your wacky views -- you're a religious Fox viewing senior (you likely fall right in the middle of their most populous demographic) and your views compared to that group aren't unusual at all.

BTW, Fox is the best?  LOMF'ingL.  Please provide a link to any non-Fox source saying anything like that if you really believe it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:56 AM »
I think it's VERY MUCH a rivalry.  Why?  Well, let's be frank... Rand is a much better looking dude.  That matters, and anyone who think a 5 ft 2, bald mitch mcconnell-type will ever be elected president is a darn fool.

but NOT CRUZ!   He doesn't support amnesty - and i think it's essential that every GOP primary voter know that. 

It's very much a rivalry - cruz himself is working his tail off to differentiate himself.  He's a little bit of a goober, a little out of shape, could definitely use some gym time and a tan - but yeah, he's the best pick if you don't support amnesty.

THE BLAZE has a link to Cruz on CBS This Morning show yesterday, with his announcement that he's running.

Cruz looking tanner and probably 5 pounds leaner.  Face lacking that bloat.  Dude's been doing his cardio.  Epic leanface can win the nomination.  Bloat, swollen, fatface tells voters a lot of bad things about that candidate. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 07:26:58 AM »
This is my guy till he emplodes, drops out or whatever. He most likely won't get the nod as I suspect when the dust clears its Walker. Jeb is in trouble with the base...
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
Rand is smarter and more electable in my opinion.
1.Warren
2.Johnson
3.Paul
4.Clinton

and no one else

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 08:53:57 AM »
Than cruz...you could be right if it came down to those two after the repub bloodletting that is coming. Walker will benefit from alot of what cruz puts out. He'll agree but seem more moderate. Cruz would crush warren in any debate.....along with anybody else where the two to share a stage. My worry is that unless we get a fiery candidate, they'll treat Hil or warren with way more respect then they deserve.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:09 AM »
Than cruz...you could be right if it came down to those two after the repub bloodletting that is coming. Walker will benefit from alot of what cruz puts out. He'll agree but seem more moderate. Cruz would crush warren in any debate.....along with anybody else where the two to share a stage. My worry is that unless we get a fiery candidate, they'll treat Hil or warren with way more respect then they deserve.

He has a stage presence, but those longing facts, would have to defer to Warren. But as we have seen demonstrated by ratings, Entertainemt>Facts

Rafael Cruz is Fox news, Warren is CSPAN

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 10:47:30 AM »
I think Rubio is viable and will be a strong candidate. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
Paul is best on the Ballot to me

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »

He's very smart and his idea's translate easier then Cruz
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »
Paul is best on the Ballot to me

Then why did you list Warren as your no. 1 choice?  Are you just talking about the Republican ballot? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
I don't have a problem with him either...but its to early
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23:40 AM »
He's very smart and his idea's translate easier then Cruz

He's less polarizing and probably more electable.

I don't have a problem with Cruz, but I don't see him making it out of the primary.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »

Rubio was a tea party darling that COMPLETELY lost the base by waffling twice on Amnesty.

Plus, when you see Rubio and Cruz side by side - Rubio doesn't have that serious gravitas that Crux does, even though their experience is similar.  Rubio still cracks a smile when he's challenged/nervous.  Rubio still sips water compulsively when nervous.  People lose those nervous ticks with experience, but the 1st time around, Rubio is going to do those things.

I don't want the GOP nominee spilling his water during debate with Hilary.  I don't want the GOP nominee sweating profusely during every campaign stop.  I don't want to see the GOP nominee smiling at inappropriate times, because it means he'll first smile and sweat when debating with other world leaders.  

Cruz has garvitas.  Rand has it, remarkably young.   Jeb has it.  Christie has it.   RUBIO doesn't have it, Martinez doesn't have it.  They giggle nervously, try to please, and smile too big, too fast. &guy to please.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
Walker will benefit from alot of what cruz puts out

IMO, walker will have too many skeletons in his closet.

Rubio won't, Cruz won't, Rand won't.    Jeb and Christie will.  And walker?   He was on the phone with a prank caller that he thought was one of the Koch brothers.  On this phone call, Walker admitted he thought about planting inciters into a non-violent crowd to make it rowdy so he could break it up, but thought he'd get caught, so he did not.

If Walker will get on the phone with a non-confirmed person, and admit he thought about endangering American lives to help out his political goals - then I bet he has a dump truck of other skeletons.

This info is for everyone but beach bum.  I've linked him to audio of the phone call repeatedly, but he refuses to accept Walker stepped in dog shit on this one lol.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »
Rubio still sips water compulsively when nervous.  

I would ask you for proof of this, other than his State of the Union response two years ago, but I'll just skip to the part where I call you a compulsive liar.  "Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small."

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »
Then why did you list Warren as your no. 1 choice?  Are you just talking about the Republican ballot? 

Republican Ballot.

Warren is best to me. But as far as GOP.. Paul (like is dad) is just more practical in my opinion. Not as ideological as the others. I admit, i dont know enough about Jeb  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:13 AM »
THE only reason I'd want Christie is because of the debates...that shit would be must watch. I think he'd hit Hil with a chair.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »
I would ask you for proof of this, other than his State of the Union response two years ago, but I'll just skip to the part where I call you a compulsive liar.  "Compulsive liars bend the truth about everything, large and small.

I haven't seen him give a national speech on that level since.

Dude, stop rubber-stamp defending every republican.  It's OKAY to admit there are chinks in your armor.  It is OKAY to admit the GOP field isn't perfect, admit their flaws, and support the one you think will do the best job.

imagine you arguing sports lol... "Tom Brady is awesome, he threw for 1500 TDs last year... zero INT... anyone who argues is a hater"...

LOL it's fine to say "Hey, rubio did look nervous that day, he did lack the style and grace we'd see from a Rudy or Bob Dole or Bush Sr - that serious vibe that he can't be rattled.

Shit man, it's going to be a long election season if you cannot admit flaws with your own candidates.  People look at "my candidates do no wrong!" and they know the person is full of shit.  Much better to say "Hey, XYZ has his flaws, but he will fix america, and this is why..."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
THE only reason I'd want Christie is because of the debates...that shit would be must watch. I think he'd hit Hil with a chair.

LOL...

Christie loses his shit after he's spent the morning in the spa and enjoyed a great lunch.

I wanna see Christie after 15 months on the campaign trail, sleeping on buses, living on Diet Red Bull, when he's down 7 points and the donors stop giving... he'll be calling a teacher "a smelly back of c*nts" before too long.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »
Republican Ballot.

Warren is best to me. But as far as GOP.. Paul (like is dad) is just more practical in my opinion. Not as ideological as the others. I admit, i dont know enough about Jeb  

I think Rand will have trouble running a national campaign just like his dad.  I like his approach and ideas to many things, but he lacks the charisma to really light a fire under people.  That shouldn't matter, but in presidential elections it does.

I also don't like the fact he met with Al Sharpton.  Major demerit in my book.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »

I would love to see Fat Man in the debates.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
I haven't seen him give a national speech on that level since.

Dude, stop rubber-stamp defending every republican.  It's OKAY to admit there are chinks in your armor.  It is OKAY to admit the GOP field isn't perfect, admit their flaws, and support the one you think will do the best job.

imagine you arguing sports lol... "Tom Brady is awesome, he threw for 1500 TDs last year... zero INT... anyone who argues is a hater"...

LOL it's fine to say "Hey, rubio did look nervous that day, he did lack the style and grace we'd see from a Rudy or Bob Dole or Bush Sr - that serious vibe that he can't be rattled.

Shit man, it's going to be a long election season if you cannot admit flaws with your own candidates.  People look at "my candidates do no wrong!" and they know the person is full of shit.  Much better to say "Hey, XYZ has his flaws, but he will fix america, and this is why..."

Then why did you say "still" you compulsive liar? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »
I think Rand will have trouble running a national campaign just like his dad.  I like his approach and ideas to many things, but he lacks the charisma to really light a fire under people.  That shouldn't matter, but in presidential elections it does.

interesting...but thats a different topic for a different time

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »

I can't stand sharpton and hope he eats a bag of dicks.

but

I think it's a GOOD move for Rand to meet with people of ALL perspectives.  Even if they're idiots - they are americans.  ;)

Presidents don't just serve non-idiots they agree with... they also serve disagreeable idiots.  

ANd politically, if Rand is endorsed by Shapton, he gains millions of votes in many key areas.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
Then why did you say "still" you compulsive liar? 

100% of the time, Marco Rubio sips water compulsively during state of union speeches.

Every time he gives the speech, he drinks water nonstop out of nervous anxiety.    He's no Joni Ernst.  Why are you wiggin'?